Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
View Poll Results: How much did YOU Pay for YOUR gio beast atv? (Canadian Funds including shipping)
< $200 2 12.50%
$200 - $300 0 0%
$300 - $400 0 0%
$400 - $500 1 6.25%
$500 - $600 4 25.00%
$600 - $700 1 6.25%
$700 - $800 4 25.00%
$900 - $1000 4 25.00%
$1000 - $1200 0 0%
> $1200 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2009, 08:25 PM   #1

What did you pay for your Gio Beast?

I'll put a poll up, please only vote if you actually bought a beast, not how much you would buy one for if you haven't but what you have actually bought one for.

I'm just curious to see, because it is hard to really get a clear picture with the auctions... All Star Salez has been selling them on ebay, but they've been charging a flat rate shipping, now, they are on the gio website with their own auctions, and actual shipping costs, it looks like there might be some good deals, but I was just curious what these usually wind up going for...

Old 03-30-2009, 08:45 PM   #2

FYI,
We bought 2, on ebay.
My son paid a little more than he wanted for his. For mine, I waited for the right price.
If you are considering an ebay purchase, I paid USD$227 for mine.,
In the end, with shipping, insurance, and GST, it cost me CDN$750.
My sons was USD$330, and by the time he got it, it was almsot CDN$900.
Looking on the website, it looks like they are about $1000, and shipping was estimated at $130 to Ontario. Those prices in CDN.
We're quite happy with them.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:08 PM   #3

Good to hear

Yeah I see they recently added Gio Auctions, their own auction system to their website, so we'll see how those auctions go... I am really close to where they are shipping from, so I didn't want to pay the flat rate shipping they had listed on their ebay auctions... Their gio auctions however, quote me approx $70 Canadian for shipping Still though, I don't have the money or really anywhere to keep it, but if the right deal comes up... Well.. You know... 8O

My only concern with them running their own auctions is you lose the peace of mind that comes with ebay. Not that I am saying this is going on or anything, but ebay for example investigates shill bidding among other things, I can't say how in depth stuff like that would be monitored on the other one.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Good to hear

My only concern with them running their own auctions is you lose the peace of mind that comes with ebay. Not that I am saying this is going on or anything, but ebay for example investigates shill bidding among other things, I can't say how in depth stuff like that would be monitored on the other one.
Former professional Ebayer here. Believe me, shill bidding has never been easier on Ebay, with the hidden bidder IDs. (I never engaged in it- just know a lot about Ebay)- and the only time anyone gets caught at it, is if they bid from the same computer they use for listing. Ebay has turned into a slum (that's why I no longer buy or sell there)- They hassle the innocent and empower scammers with their new policies- and it's hard to get a good deal there now-a-days, as the fees are so high, and scams so common, sellers have to juack the prices. (You'll notice Vbike, for example, sells their bikes there for $100 over what you can get them for directly on the phone from Vbike for).

Sorry to be off topuc- but just wanted to let people know that Ebay is not what it used to be.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:09 AM   #5

Thanks for the info... I had a feeling it wasn't great, because I am pretty certain I had that situation happen, and I reported it to them, they said they'd look into it, but nothing happened... The item was relisted and I bought it for the original uninflated price the second time round.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:20 AM   #6

Well, considering I bought mine for $750 shipped clear across the country, I have no complaints.
Ebay has gone through an evolution, for sure, but if you know what you're doing, its still OK.
I noticed what I thought was shill bidding a few years ago.
I complained, and the auction was pulled within a few hours. What has ruined ebay for me is US post shipping rates. Most times its too expensive to ship from the US, making the item not worth it.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:49 PM   #7

I agree on that, I am lucky enough to live within driving range of the border, and can have items shipped down there, and pick them up myself... Customs doesn't usually charge tax if you're under $100..

Old 03-31-2009, 11:37 PM   #8

For what it's worth, I've bought a bunch of parts and accessories through GioBike's auctions, and listings over the course of the last month, and have had no problems.

Although, since I bought my Beast off eBay last year, I've noticed they've stopped ending their auctions at 3:00 am... Bummer that.

--Vince

Old 04-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #9

Yeah they seem to end at 9pm now I think.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:14 AM   #10

the first one i bought at a yard sale...he wanted $1300, i offered 11 and he took it. at the time i didnt know what it was....all it said on the engine was GIO, so i searched web and found the giovanni site.....

a few weeks later i was bidding on one for my son, with taxes and shipping it came to roughly $1100....

there was one in our local paper a few weeks back a 2008 blue gio beast never riden, for $800 OBO....me and my son were gonna both get it but i lost the add......grr

NEO

Old 05-07-2009, 03:16 AM   #11

Was the original question about the 200cc Beast, as they now have a 110cc "mini beast' which I have just ordered and waiting for arrival.

I don't want to weigh in on the poll with the wrong product!

I have to admit, I think his their new site is brilliant. Web development is the sector I work in and I think he's done a fantastic job there. I would agree I am concerned about what you're calling shill bidding, which I assume is seller pumped pricing by ghost buyers however I have seen some auctions end at what seems like very low prices on the average. (wasn't bidding at the time!! DUH)

Old 07-18-2010, 02:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Their gio auctions however, quote me approx $70 Canadian for shipping
Yikes, I almost bid on one, but the shipping quote is now over $240... Considering I'm no further then 45 mins away I don't want to blow that much on shipping, I guess I'll just watch craigslist.

Old 07-18-2010, 04:15 PM   #13

Could you just pick it up? I drove 4 hrs to pic my bike up. Was able to make a last minute change of mind on the color after looking at each. Tim at Vbike was able to verify all the fasteners were there as well. That was handy as it was missing the clamp bolts for the handle bars.

Old 07-18-2010, 04:37 PM   #14

Nah, Gio's location is top secret I think, local pickup is not allowed. If they did allow it, I would have bought an atv from them at least a couple of years ago.

Old 07-18-2010, 05:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Nah, Gio's location is top secret I think, local pickup is not allowed. If they did allow it, I would have bought an atv from them at least a couple of years ago.
He sure doesn't like that local pick up thing.. also very expensive now to ship.. has to be making up some of the profit in the shipping number.