Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2009, 12:47 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to pac1982
Pulse Adrenaline 125cc The Project Begins

Any of you guys familiar with the Chinese dirt bikes also known as the GY series that use the 157FMI Suzuki engine?

I’m currently riding a Pulse Adrenaline and they come as a 125cc but some places have similar bikes that use the same engine available in 200 and 250cc and I’m trying to find some one who can supply me with a 200cc barrel piston and head.

My plans are as follows…..

200cc bore kit with matching piston and head

30mm Flat slide carb

Playing around with various sprocket sizes

Other non performance related mods planned are some gold Renthal bars and a gold Renthal chain, custom paint work in Jazz Blue, Projector style twin front lights and LED indicators

Old 03-27-2009, 01:21 PM   #2

That looks like a Qingqi bike... Where are you located?

Old 03-27-2009, 01:30 PM   #3

Yup, Don't look like any GY I have ever seen...Nice bike.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:41 PM   #4

I'm based in the UK but dont have any problems with buying parts from over seas.

It is a GY the model number is XF125GY-2B

heres a few more pics

Old 03-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #5

Is there a tag on it that says who manufactured it?

Old 03-27-2009, 02:44 PM   #6

Its made by Pioneer

Old 03-27-2009, 07:30 PM   #7

Possible to use a dr200 head and cylinder.

Allen

Old 03-29-2009, 09:53 AM   #8

Is that a "It may be possible" or it is possible??

Old 03-29-2009, 02:26 PM   #9

The motors do look similer, Small differances...Not sure if it could work or not.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #10

That would be a maybe on the dr200 parts. It would take some comparing to be sure.

Allen

Old 03-29-2009, 07:39 PM   #11

These bikes are related to the Qingqi, but Pioneer might be an assembler of bikes using Qingqi parts. Or it might be a Qingqi. However, a good source of the Qingqi knowledge is member 'Forchetto' who knows alot of "stuff" about these bikes.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #12

It's made by Shandong Pioneer who are part of the Jinan Qingqi Group since 1995.

It's very close to the bikes made by the main factory with some differences such as rear disc brake, slightly different side panels, and the rear wheel hub and sprocket assembly is compatible with Honda CG and CB125's, rather that the Qingqi's Suzuki DR200 rear wheel components.

200 cc parts might be available in the UK from the people that supplied bikes under the names of Sinnis Apache QM200GY and Superbyke RMR200.

The bottom has dropped out of the 200 cc market in the UK, but those importers should have the parts you require even though they might not market the 200 cc versions anymore.

Sinnis UK, for example, still market the Blade 200 with that engine:

http://www.sinnis.co.uk/wp_products_tech_blade_200.php

Superbyke UK still has the RMR 200 in its site:

http://www.superbyke.co.uk/

You might find it difficult to put a flat slide carb in it, unless you can find an adapter with a flange bolt-to-bolt distance of 65 mm. In any case the bore of the inlet port in the head is only 28mm (200cc head). This is to suit the 28 mm Mikuni BST28 the 200 cc models come with.

The Suzuki DR200 head does have a 31 mm inlet port bore to suit its Mikuni BST31 carburettor.

I notice your plans don't include a different exhaust and yet this is what makes a considerable difference to these bikes. A cheap and effective mod is to fit this can from Xian Racing in Newport, Wales, UK.
Apart from the weight saving and increase in durability (it's stainless steel), it eliminates the restrictive catalyser built into the factory silencer, and gives a very worthwhile increase in power and throttle response. Sounds great as well...

See it here:

http://xian.west-wire.co.uk/index.ph...d&productId=58

A quick mental calculation tells me that the overall cost of all these mods will come to something like 50% of the cost of the bike, excluding labour charges. We know how much Chinese bikes depreciate...is it a wise move?.
Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
Yamaha Virago XV1100
Triumph Bonneville SE
Qingqi QM110GY
PGO Bug rider 250 Buggy

Old 03-31-2009, 04:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by forchetto
It's made by Shandong Pioneer who are part of the Jinan Qingqi Group since 1995.

It's very close to the bikes made by the main factory with some differences such as rear disc brake, slightly different side panels, and the rear wheel hub and sprocket assembly is compatible with Honda CG and CB125's, rather that the Qingqi's Suzuki DR200 rear wheel components.

200 cc parts might be available in the UK from the people that supplied bikes under the names of Sinnis Apache QM200GY and Superbyke RMR200.

The bottom has dropped out of the 200 cc market in the UK, but those importers should have the parts you require even though they might not market the 200 cc versions anymore.

Sinnis UK, for example, still market the Blade 200 with that engine:

http://www.sinnis.co.uk/wp_products_tech_blade_200.php

Superbyke UK still has the RMR 200 in its site:

http://www.superbyke.co.uk/

You might find it difficult to put a flat slide carb in it, unless you can find an adapter with a flange bolt-to-bolt distance of 65 mm. In any case the bore of the inlet port in the head is only 28mm (200cc head). This is to suit the 28 mm Mikuni BST28 the 200 cc models come with.

The Suzuki DR200 head does have a 31 mm inlet port bore to suit its Mikuni BST31 carburettor.

I notice your plans don't include a different exhaust and yet this is what makes a considerable difference to these bikes. A cheap and effective mod is to fit this can from Xian Racing in Newport, Wales, UK.
Apart from the weight saving and increase in durability (it's stainless steel), it eliminates the restrictive catalyser built into the factory silencer, and gives a very worthwhile increase in power and throttle response. Sounds great as well...

See it here:

http://xian.west-wire.co.uk/index.ph...d&productId=58

A quick mental calculation tells me that the overall cost of all these mods will come to something like 50% of the cost of the bike, excluding labour charges. We know how much Chinese bikes depreciate...is it a wise move?.
Thanks for all that info forchetto that was a big help, so far all I’ve done is change the oil and fit a free flow filter.

I’m surprised how much different the filter has made it feel seeing as the standard air box didn’t look that restrictive, but with the new filter acceleration had greatly improved and hill climbing is much better as well.

I will be contacting Superbike or Sinnis in the near future to get prices on a 200cc cylinder, piston, head & cam although I’m not sure if a 200cc head will be any different from my 125cc version?

As far as carbs go I’m fairly sure I will be able to get a nice flat side to mate up and if i cant it wont be that hard to fabricate something. I’m a big fan of flat slides ever since I fitted one to my race tuned GY6 engine.

The sprocket set up is a strange one it would appear that the rear sprocket is indeed a Honda CG type set up but the front sprocket looks more like a Suzuki DR jobby

Anyways until i get some pics up of my progress on the Pulse Adrenaline heres a few pics of my last project which started off life as a Lambretta Pato AKA Znen Firenze AKA Lance Milan 125.

The Project included the following

Custom Paint Work
Custom Exhaust
170cc Bore Kit
High Compression Piston
Head Ported & Polished with larger valves
Up rated Cam
Prodigy Tourqe Driver
Prodigy Race Clutch
Prodigy Race Clutch Bell
Prodigy Teflon Variator
Various Tourqe Springs
Dr. Pully Sliders
Bando ECU & Coil
Gear Up Kit
Basic Nitrous Kit
30mm OKO Flatslide Carb with pumper jet
Performance intake Manifold

Old 03-31-2009, 06:10 PM   #14

That Lammy looks the business... :P

The dealer should have the spares list and he can check up wether the two heads have the same number. They might be different in the arrangement of the Air injection gubbins. The 125 has the air port for the emissions gear on the head itself, but mine has it on the downpipe. Both can be blanked off.

The front sprocket might be a problem. I tried to adapt a DR200 Suzuki one but found the splines and method of fixing different. Aparently mine uses sprockets from a Suzuki TS125ERN /ERT /ERZ and even so they have to be machined to remove the centre part for it to fit on my Qingqi. In the end I just changed the rear one.

There's a post explaining my DR200 520 chain conversion cock-up here:

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534
Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
Yamaha Virago XV1100
Triumph Bonneville SE
Qingqi QM110GY
PGO Bug rider 250 Buggy

Old 03-31-2009, 06:51 PM   #15

What size rear did you go for and where did you get it from? also what MPH you getting?

I take it your bike is already 200cc?