Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #1

New 400's from CoastToCoast at Bike Show

I went to the Vancouver Motorcycle Show (in Abbotsford) and got to see some new bikes from Coast To Coast motorsports (where both my gy5 and gy6 came from). Their website isn't updated with the new bikes yet however, but I did bring back some flyers...

These bikes you may have already seen online, but I saw them in person at the show, and they are available here in Canada now from the guys at Coast to Coast...

XY400y-2

This should appeal to the dual sport crowd looking for something a little bigger then the gy5.

XY400gy

On both of these bikes, the quality is very high compared to the Lifan's I have owned (not that I have had problems, just that these are higher quality)... The higher quality is even apparent in small components such as the electric start / kill switch. They look really good in person, and the water cooled 400cc engine should be a nice upgrade from the 163fml...

XY50qt

I also looked at some of their scooters, they have a few new models available, including this 50cc also from Xingyue.... If I was looking for a scooter, or had some extra money lying around I would pick one of these up as they seem like a good scooter, and a good value.

As well as other scooters, they also had one item that was getting particular attention, however I didn't think to pick up a flyer... It was a 3 wheeled scooter, 2 wheels in back, one in front, and it had a roof! The scooter leaned in corners like a regular scooter, with the main scooter body pivoting off the rear suspension parts of the bike. The windshield is equipped with a wiper, and it is stereo ready with speakers. It is a 150cc engine, and you can see more information here:
http://en.xingyueshen.com/product_gd.php?id3=22

Old 01-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #2

Thanks for posting this Jim.
Did they mention how much for the 400 DS???
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 01-24-2009, 04:25 PM   #3

I'm sorry I didn't ask... I'm currently broke so it wasn't an option for me, and I was too busy looking at them and fiddling with stuff to get an exact price :wink:

Old 01-24-2009, 04:26 PM   #4

The price is the big decider for me since I wont buy into any warranty promise and I still have my doubts as to the chinese quality.
But a 400cc bike is what a lot of people have been screaming for.
(thanks for posting)

I plan to sell, part out or otherwise get rid of my current china bikes ASAP and get a bigger bike for me at first then maybe another for the wife latter.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #5

Keep in mind if you do get the price from them it will be in Canadian funds and priced for our market... Actually that may give you guys an advantage again with our low dollar, when it was on par last year for a while not so much, but now that it's been put back in it's place...

Old 01-24-2009, 04:41 PM   #6

Am I really to believe that you went to a motorcycle show without a camera? 8O

Thanks for posting the info though...I only kid because I can!

I sure wish (all) these new bikes were priced and available for sale everywhere already. Seems like we've been waiting for these for a really long time. I know I personally haven't....but it sure seems that way.
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 01-24-2009, 04:49 PM   #7

Mine was a xingyue. Bad tubes and rectifier, great motor! Because of my weight, I never really challenged the welding.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:54 PM   #8

I think the BMW-looking bike is in the US, too. The 400 dirt bike was at last year's Indy show, and I think Bruce said it wasn't the bike we were all looking forward to due to the low quality. I know that SunL has the 250 Kung Fu which looks similar to the 400 adventure-tourer shown here.

Yes, price will be the deal maker or deal breaker, Teamcheap

Old 01-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist
Mine was a xingyue. Bad tubes and rectifier, great motor! Because of my weight, I never really challenged the welding.
Bruce is a Xingyue scooter dealer, I think, thanks for reminding me. Last year, he said the 400 enduro wasn't up to par, but the scooters must be as he carries them.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedSouth
Am I really to believe that you went to a motorcycle show without a camera? 8O
I woke up at 5am and went to work, after work ended I went straight to the motorcycle show... I didn't remember to bring a camera at 5am.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
I woke up at 5am and went to work, after work ended I went straight to the motorcycle show... I didn't remember to bring a camera at 5am.
What, no cell phone camera? iPod camera? GPS camera? Watch camera? Calculator camera? Eyeglasses camera? Ballcap camera? Granny smith apple camera (from Microsoft, naturally...lol)?

Obviously, I'm just joking.

I actually hate that all the new phones and stuff come with crappy cameras built-in. I have gotten into the habit of taking my regular camera just about everywhere (especially on the bike) but oddly enough...I often leave my cell phone at home.

And I was planning to go to a cycle show today myself (with my camera) but opted to stay home instead, so you're doing better than me.

I may still go tomorrow...but I'm quite sure there won't be any China bikes.
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 01-24-2009, 06:07 PM   #12

€4,750 = $6,077 USD YIKES!! 8O

http://www.motor-factory.nl/mf/index...products_id=90

Old 01-24-2009, 06:30 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUG
€4,750 = $6,077 USD YIKES!! 8O

http://www.motor-factory.nl/mf/index...products_id=90

At that price they dont even have to bother putting them on the boat because they wont sell them here for that.

They'd have a hard sell at that price if it was the only bike available like that for sale here.

Oh well it was a fun ride while it lasted.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:42 PM   #14

My cell phone does have a camera, but the quality isn't great... You're better off looking at these flyers :wink: Other then Coast To Coast (Quadtek), there wasn't a lot of Chinese products, not as many as in the past years...

Saga Canada was there, nothing new to look at, the gy6 look-a-like )mind you it isn't identical), which is an unbalanced 250, and a smaller dirt bike and quads... Nothing new. And the prices didn't seem great... I would say X-Rage would be a better option, though they weren't at the show.

There were a few Hyosung's there, Korean not Chinese mind you, but not nearly as many as last year.

Honestly, for me the highlight of the show was the bikes I posted in the first post....

There was some deals on full face helmets from m2r kbv and hjc... You could get a decent snell / dot full face for between 79 and 130 Canadian.

There was no Triumphs at the show (there was one old one in the vintage section), which was too bad because I really wanted to check those out again.

The other thing there of interest (kind of) too me, was the repo-sales booth, Which wasn't because I wanted to buy... It was because the bikes they were selling we're all brand new bikes they purchased from my Kawasaki dealer which has apparently gone out of business... I guess I am looking for a new service department When I bought my Vulcan they had 2 identical bikes, mine, and one in charcoal black. They are 2005 models. The black one never did sell as they have it at the repo sales booth now. 2005 Vulcan 800 Classic (black), brand new 0 km's, $4999 Canadian I believe, but then they tack on more for freight and pdi for a total of about $5900 Canadian before TAX... It doesn't seem like a great deal. I didn't pay frieght or pdi on mine. Why would you add freight and pdi to a repo'd bike? Didn't my dealer that went out of business cover the feight and do the pdi?

Old 01-24-2009, 06:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCheap
They'd have a hard sell at that price if it was the only bike available like that for sale here.

Oh well it was a fun ride while it lasted.
They are less then that, I didn't get an exact price, but I am pretty sure they were below $5000 Canadian.... Again though I don't know the exact price, but keep in mind the exchange rate, and that our bike market is different then yours.

For an exact price someone would have to talk to them or one of their dealers.