Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2008, 05:14 AM   #1

2008 GIO X35 - Opinions?

Hi China Riders,

I just posted in the introduce me section but also thought I would expand here since I expect I might get more feedback from the experts here who may not be surfing the hello world section.

I'm a newbie rider, always wanted to rip around on a dirt bike, but never have. I'm not a small guy, (6'6 260lbs) and I'm venturing into the world of dirtbikes. I have a mechanical background, but not in bikes. I was a car engine rebuilder for 13 years, (mainly a crankshaft grinder). I've ground shafts for lawn mowers, pumps, race cars and diesel trucks and tractors.

I'm interested in the GIO X35, the new one with the Loncin OH engine. I'm curious to your thoughts on how you'd think this bike would hold up for someone my size, power and reliability wise.

I'm also curious about the seller, being mail order. www.giovannibikes.com and I do believe he is allstarsalez on ebay.

Here is the link to the bike and sellers page.

Thanks for your input.

http://www.giovannibikes.com/Dirt-Bi...oductInfo.aspx

Old 09-12-2008, 04:51 PM   #2

That looks like a good bike. If it truly has showa forks and a mikuni carb. the 17/60 sprockets should give it fairly low gearing. Top speed about 50-60mph.

Allen

Old 09-12-2008, 09:10 PM   #3

I have seen it in person...it is a nice bike. The only concern I had is the front forks, they don't seem to have much travel. My bike has the exact same engine (loncin OH cam), it's got lots of power, starts easy, runs and shifts smooth.
My brother is the same size as you and has ridden my bike plenty of times and it has more than enough power for him. This is the bike I have:
http://pocketrocket99.tripod.com/id28.html
(some of the pics show the zongshen engine, but it does ship with the Loncin)

Old 09-12-2008, 11:31 PM   #4

Hey guy, there's more info in your thread under "Introductions" as well, Yes, GiovanniBikes *is* AllStarSalez on Ebay, and Is John Dem, if you prefer.

As well, the carby is "sort of" Mikuni. It says Mikuni, Mikuni Jets, parts, etc, but it's not machined half as nicely, or accurately as Any other Mikuni I've seen. Maybe they're a knock-off Mikuni, or a MAkuni or something. Seem to work acceptable well though. No idle stepper on the choke though. You kind of have to babysit them until they warm up a bit (Or set the idle really high when cold)

No info on the OHC engine, sadly. Although, if they're half as good as the pushrod engines, you should be fine....

--Vince

Old 09-13-2008, 12:45 AM   #5

Should be good. Reputable seller with as good a china bike available...though I bought from his competition, my buddy owns a "honda"style 250 4 stroker from ALLSTARSALEZ.Good Bike,biggestcomplaint is that the Susp. is barely addequate, but fixable.
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 09-16-2008, 01:59 AM   #6

As I mentioned in my Introductions thread, I went ahead and bought a Yamaha YZ250F instead, however I can see this becoming a bit of a 'disease' if you will, and am tempted to buy one of these GIO's for my 'wife' I do like the look of them and would like to compare apples to oranges. Don't know if the 'boss' will like that birthday present for her though!!