Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #1

BH Motorsports Offline? Viva, too??

Did BH Motorsports close shop??? :?

Can't seem to get on any of their websites??? (ie www.atvsimporters.com)

Just got my corrected MCO from them, whew!! :o

Old 06-11-2008, 03:33 PM   #2

Maybe you have to call to get hold of them.dunno.....they could be taking a break until the industry gets back up in China after the quake.maybe they are on vacation.or they closed shop, call them up and let us know!

Old 06-11-2008, 08:29 PM   #3

I just noticed this also. their other website nitro-motors is up but none of the phone #'s work that I have ( not in service ).
I just recieved 10 units on tuesday from them including 7 scooters that I need to get a mco on.
They sent Roketa scooters maybe I can help from them.
Hope they are back up soon

Old 06-11-2008, 09:03 PM   #4

have you tried www.bikeimporters.com

Old 06-11-2008, 11:07 PM   #5

National Tools Wholesalers is still selling GY's, but no Vivas and their powersports link no longer takes you to a BH Motorsports site. That's where i first found out about AVTSIMPORTERS.

If anyone is near Vernon, Cali. maybe they can stop in at BH Motorsports and see if they are open or not. :?

Old 06-16-2008, 12:17 AM   #6

Viva DS bikes and DOT approval

I guessing but, Tomoto started importing Hyunsong enduros and contracted to have the Name, Viva used during their production and created the Viva brand as a US importer for Hyunsong bikes, atvs and scooters.

Tomoto folded and BH Imports bought the remaining stock and continued to sell these bikes. Hyunsong felt they were shafted and stopped supplying new bikes, thus the 2007's. But, Shineray supplied some more bikes branded as Viva and that deal fell thru.

BH Imports had several sites running to sell these bikes. Something just happened that closed down BH. So, the Viva's may appear again, once BH liquidates their stock, or they decide to resurface or get things worked out.

They seem to be honest to some degree- returning payment for a bike order that they couldn't ship. I hope those dealers that had outstanding orders also get the goods or their payments returned.

Perhaps someone at Hyunsong can be contacted to see if they have any plans to make more bikes branded as "Viva". Shineray as well.

It's an interesting mystery. I like my Hyunsong bike and i hope they will continue to import them. :?

County Imports may still be selling them, but do not state they are Vivas as do a few other sites. They state they are EPA/DOT and that may be what BH was told by Tomoto and BH has been telling it's dealers. But, mine came without the FMVSS sticker to prove that the factory or Tomoto had the bikes certified- probably a difficult and costly process.

They may indeed qualify as DOT approvable, but without the sticker the dealers must vouch for their FMVSS compliance on the MCO making them liable if any FMVSS standards these bikes may not comply with. If the factory puts FMVSS stickers on a bike, then they remove such liability from the dealers.

If i were a dealer, i'd be sure that only stickered FMVSS bikes were advertised as DOT approved.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:37 AM   #7

BH Motorsports back online?

Looks like BH Motorsports has resurfaced as, atvswholesale. Now, they are offering Viva's but no longer using that name. The website looks the same and they still offer the Shineray DS's.

http://www.atvswholesale.com/

Haven't called to see who's there, yet. :?

Old 06-26-2008, 01:03 PM   #8

Did get someone on the phone and asked the sales manager (AVI) about one of the street bikes and they were helpful.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:49 PM   #9

Yeah AVI sold me my bike.glad to hear they are still going......they are pretty cool dudes over there considering they are from California......oops....nothing against Cali though!

Old 07-14-2008, 03:12 AM   #10

Confused Newbie…Please help!

OK. I have been lurking on this and several other forums, and I have been reading about Chicom motorcycles for weeks. I was going to order a HI-Bird 250 from Tim at Vbike; but I really want to go riding and I am tired of waiting for them to arrive. Then two days ago I spotted the Tomoto 200 (http://bikesfactory.com/carb-dirt-bi...cc-enduro.html) and the VX200SX-H (http://bikesfactory.com/new-dirt-bike-200cc-enduro.html) motorcycles being sold at bikesfactory.com. This vendor is also selling the same motorcycles on 3 or more other web sites. Cautious by nature, I did some more research in the forums, and now I am really confused. :?:

NYGunman ordered the ShineRay VX200SX-H motorcycle from this vendor, and they canceled his order. They seemed to go out of business for several weeks, but at least he finally got his money back. Now they have been resurrected? :roll:

I believe that elroyjetsn got his Tomoto/Hyunsong 200 from them, and so did theENIGMATIC. Gentlemen, can I trust this vendor? Are they legitimate?

Maybe I should buy a used Jap bike or wait for Tim at Vbike to get the HI-Bird 250 motorcycles? Elroy, doesn’t the Tomoto/Hyunsong 200 have problems with the tranny and first gear? Perhaps the ShineRay VX200SX-H (with the Suzuki motor) is a better motorcycle for the extra hundred dollars; however, the ShineRay is not EPA/DOT approved. Maybe I should get a Roketa 200 instead? Yikes!!! The more I learn, the more confused I get!

:( :?:

Old 07-14-2008, 02:20 PM   #11

Got some more information...

I called the toll-free telephone number for bikesfactory.com and talked to the sales department about both motorcycles. The answer was short and sweet. Neither bike is in stock, and they aren’t going to be receiving either of them in the future, either! :(

On the plus side, a courteous receptionist quickly answered the telephone, and she promptly transferred me to a salesman. The salesman also quickly, directly answered my questions.

On the negative side, they really should update their web pages. I saw both these motorcycles listed for sale on at least three other websites owned by the same company. If you look at the web pages I listed, you will also note that the photographs do not match the specifications provided for either motorcycle. In case you are curious, the salesman told me the photographs accurately described the bikes. It would be nice if they could list the specifications accurately. :roll:

Old 07-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #12

Yup..I got my bike from them back in February......I have since tried contacting them and all the hoopla......as far as I am concerned dont buy from them anymore as they seem to be up and down all the time, although Im happy with the bike I got.....Im also sure production of bikes in China is way down for a few more years because of that quake......oh well...buy em and ride em while you can!

Old 07-17-2008, 05:39 PM   #13

Finally took the plunge...

I think you're right on all counts. :wink:

I was trying to be patient, waiting for the 250cc HI-Bird motorcycles to arrive. But I want to get out and ride, so I just bought a new, in-the-crate, 2006 Zongshen Sierra 200.

Does anyone know where I can get the knobby, dual-sport tires for this bike?

Spud

Old 07-18-2008, 10:25 AM   #14

Tomoto, Viva, and Shineray

Spud,

I'm very pleased with the Viva/Tomoto 200, and the clutch does drag a little making it hard (impossible) to find neutral with the engine running at a stop. (universal problem for fluid clutches). This problem exists for the Honda CG 125 as well, which this motor is cloned from.

The Shineray version isn't DOT and have heard bad things about the engines in those.

Sounds like you've found a good bike though. Let us know how you like it!