Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2023, 04:23 PM   #1

2023 KPX at reduced price from Venom.

I had almost decided to just be content with my TBR7, and Hawk, which I really am , but I just don't need 2 bikes just about alike, so I have decided to keep my Hawk, and let the 7 go. I just like the Hawk better, and even recently bought another Hawk, that I will just keep for future parts. I got it for $350 delivered to my house,after getting him down from $500,OBO,and the owner said it needed a rear tube, and battery , and it had sat for a year. I got all the paperwork work with it, and it's only showing around 700 on the odometer, but it's been through the ringer. It's got an aftermarket carb, pod filter, and full aftermarket exhaust, and the motor sounds good. It didn't even need a battery after all. I put my new battery from my TBR7 in it, and it wouldn't do anything, no neutral light, or anything, but after unplugging a connection with 2 light wires coming off the solinoid, and blowing dried mud off every it started right up, and started up good on the battery that came with it. I think the boy had probably tried charging it . The bike was stored inside, but has really been abused. The rims seem good from just looking at them, but the rear has a couple of loose spokes..I had always thought that I would keep the TBR7, and Hawk, and eventually probably end up using one, or the other for parts to keep the best one going, but now since I have a parts Hawk, I don't need to keep the 7.. I looked at a DRZ400, and it had a bad sound coming from the top end, and it smoked, and I don't like the weight of the KLR650s, but I just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on a KPX, because I thought as sure as I did ,I would see a great deal on a DRZ. Well today, I just went ahead and ordered a KPX, because Venom is selling 2023s for $2,899 and free shipping, and I wasn't charged tax, because I will be paying tax at the DMV. I had my choice between blue, green, and red, although they are all mostly white. I chose red. I think that with the warranty that they come with,that I made a pretty good choice.

Old 09-30-2023, 07:06 PM   #2

Kawasaki KLX300 is ~$6000. DOHC 250, liquid cooled. inverted forks, street legal, 30hp...
They must have an eye on the competition!

Old 09-30-2023, 07:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Kawasaki KLX300 is ~$6000. DOHC 250, liquid cooled. inverted forks, street legal, 30hp...
They must have an eye on the competition!
I figure part of the price reduction is the fact that the 2024 model is going to be coming out soon.

Old 10-02-2023, 12:12 PM   #4

http://
image uploadI am very pleased with the customer support from Venom. I joined a Facebook group of KPX riders, and saw that there was a $50.00 code that was valid for 3 days. I messaged last night, even though it was Sunday, and I didn't expect a response till today, asking if they would apply the code, and I was messaged back this morning, and was given my choice between a free water proof cover, or phone holder, or the $50.00. I chose the $50 bucks, so I am getting the bike delivered for $2,849. That $50 will cover about 1/3rd of my tax at the DMV. I will titled, and road legal for right around $3,000. The only other dealership that I have ever bought from was Peace, when I bought my Brozz, and they were great to deal with. I was afraid to chance it with the Texas dealerships,after reading about some of their shenanigans, but I also hated paying a few hundred bucks more , but once I saw the price that Venom is having, I could not resist getting one. I keep seeing real sharp light blue ones on the Facebook sight, but about everyone that has them are from foreign countries. I have a feeling that the 2024s will offer different colors, but I am satisfied getting my white, and red 2023 bike at the price.

Last edited by Bill Hilly; 10-02-2023 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Picture

Old 10-02-2023, 01:14 PM   #5

I've had my KPX one year and 9153 miles as of last Friday and its still running strong. Looking forward to getting to 10,000 miles in the next month or so. Thats a great price they have now but its still worth the price not on sale.

Old 10-09-2023, 12:37 AM   #6

I expect my KPX around Wendsday. It's actually in Ohio according to tracking. I just sold my TBR7 to a young man today. He drove it over 100 miles home from Evans WV to Beckley WV. He didn't show up here till after 5:00 PM, and I was expecting to see a truck, or a trailer pull into the driveway, but he just had friends to bring him. I gave him a 17 , and 15 front sprockets, but right now the bike is running a 16/42 combo, and has no problem holding a steady 60 . A Hawk with the same sprocket ratio could cruise a little higher, but I told the boy he could not go interstate 77 for 100 miles. He said that hus friend pulled up a way on his phone.He didn't leave till a little after 6:00. I expected him to at least go old RT21 to Charleston, and then hit a similar road to Beckley, but he went the other way when he pulled out on the main road (RT87). The only place he could have crossed the Kanahaw River , other than a Charleston would have been Point Pleasant, or Winfield. I tried messaging him after 3 hours, and because I was worried about him going so far that late, and the fact that even though he claimed to have a North Carolina motorcycle license, he seemed to keep stalling the bike when he test rode it. I finally heard from him about 11:30, over 5 hours after he left, and was relieved. A million things were going through my mind. The boy looked young, and I even thought that if he was under 18, I could get in trouble for letting him sign the title. I asked his age when I did finally hear from him. He's 19. I just never thought of it when he was signing the title. He said everything went fine, and seems pleased. I have a feeling that they either went way further than necessary getting home, or actual backroads all the way. The car that was with him was a Ford Focus. He may have ended up going 150-200 miles getting home. I told him to keep up with spoke maintenance, chain slack, oil changes, and valve adjustment. I recommended that he join this forum as well. He asked if I would take $1,120 with the bags.I didn't feel like taking the bags off, and told him that I would let him have the bike,and bags for $1,135, and he said that he would have to buy it without. I think he just didn't have the extra $15 to spare, so I let him have it with the bags for $1,120. I paid $1,300 for the bike used, but like new. About the beginning of July, or June in 2022, and it had 425 in the odometer. I had upgraded the bike some, but also put close to 5,000 in the odometer. I think it will last the boy a good while, if he does his part . https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/i...2819781806178/

Old 10-09-2023, 01:17 AM   #7

I am jealous! but, I am also happy for you to get the KPX and for that kid to get the TBR. Hopefully he took what you said to heart. If you ever up around moundtown, we should ride. I have nobody to ride on the road with, my son in law and I go offroad (which I have access to some cool trails). Anyway, happy for you bud.

Old 10-09-2023, 07:54 AM   #8

Congrats on the new KPX! You're going to love that bike. A little FYI. The JERRYHAWK250 discount code never expires for $50 off.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-09-2023, 09:42 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Congrats on the new KPX! You're going to love that bike. A little FYI. The JERRYHAWK250 discount code never expires for $50 off.
I didn't know that there was a JerryHawk code, but I did use another discount that I seen on the KPX Facebook page. It was also good for $50.00. I didn't even know about it when I ordered, but I messaged them afterwards, and they applied it. I ended up paying $2,849. I did also see on the Facebook that people's bikes were arriving with a name like Quipai on the MCO. I got worried, and messaged back, but they said it was legal for WV. I was expecting it to be a Lifan on the MCO.