Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2023, 02:03 PM   #1

End of an era: Just sold the Brozz

Today on behalf of my son, we sold his Brozz 250. It was a fun bike for the close to 3 years and 5k miles that I owned it. Did a bunch of mods and honed my skills with regard to valve adjustments, fork oil and all other fluid changes as well as rebuilding the top end after the head was ported and polished.
We did have some fun along the way in regards to unforseen issues, gear shifter and front master cylinder coming loose, the whole 4 degree timing key debacle (tried 3 times and failed - posted about that fun), and some other various minor issues that were quickly remedied either with some locktite or cheap part off Amazon.

Surprisingly my son posted the bike on Facebook marketplace and while we were away this past week his phone was blown up by people sending inquiries, to the tune of like 5000+ clicks on his ad.. I was like what! and it turns out that the new Brozz is sold out, so that explains the interest.. it worked out in his favor as he was able to get $1550 for the bike, not too shabby for a 3-yr old China bike that only cost $1950 at the time. Plus it had some war wounds by him dropping it multiple times along the way. He may have been able to hold out for more, but i didn't think it would be worth the risk.. anyway he's happy and plans to use the money to buy a used Suzuki Vstrom 650, should be quite a step up but he can ride the snot off the Brozz so im confident he will do well. that plus will work well when i eventually get a DL1000 to add to the stable towards winter..

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X