Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2023, 12:58 PM   #1

An honest review...

...from an honest reviewer:

I love these bikes for what they are -- BUT, THEY ARE WHAT THEY ARE...

Old 04-09-2023, 02:58 PM   #2

I'll stick to off road and dual sport. Even top quality road bikes are dangerous enough. No need to get truly reckless!

Old 04-09-2023, 03:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldenslow View Post
...from an honest reviewer:

I love these bikes for what they are -- BUT, THEY ARE WHAT THEY ARE...
I saw this last night, but not sure how "honest" it is. He seems to have a bias right from the start. And for someone that has posted as many videos as he has, how did he not give the bike a look over before riding it, to see what possibley might be wrong / loose / or too tight.
In the follow up video he makes a statement about not changing the oil, and wondering what it looks like. REALLY?!?! Should have done that first.
He also comments multiple times about how unsafe it feels, how bad the tires, brakes and suspension feels, and yet he is still pushing this bike harder than any review I have watched. Even tries to wheely it. Seriously?
I have been considering one of these, and will admit one of my concerns is the bike arriving 99% complete, IE just needing the clip ons, windscreen and mirrors installed. That means I have to tear it all apart again to check "if" it was assembled correctly. I'm leaning more towards the Vitacci version of this bike, because it requires more assembly, along the lines of a Hawk or Brozz. This way my hands are more into it from the get go. Also, the Vitacci comes with a counter balanced engine, and oil cooler, neither of which the Boom / XPro have.

Old 04-09-2023, 09:03 PM   #4

I watched this video the day the first one came out. I knew from the start it was going to be a hit piece as he tends to be sarcastic in most of his videos. He definitely promotes high end motorcycles and gear and tends to insult people who don't have a fat wallet (anything less than 6K MSRP).

He makes a lot of sensational comments but it seems his fans enjoy his style.

Old 04-09-2023, 09:52 PM   #5

I prefer Spite's more genuine feeling review style after he split with Yammie and his egotistical opinion pieces.

https://www.youtube.com/@spitescorner

Old 04-10-2023, 02:00 AM   #6

Barring idiot politicians ruining everything, Chinabikes are going to keep getting better. I believe they will reach a point where other manufacturers will have to lower their prices or get rolled over. Already, the word is out in my area that people are riding Brozz alongside folks with Yamahas, Suzukis, and other brands. If what my son-in-law tells me is true, these bikes are getting more and more respect, not just because of the price but also because of their value. They offer nice bikes for a good price. Look out, Big Four.

Old 04-10-2023, 08:38 AM   #7

I've seen a few of Yammie Noob's YT videos. Can't stand the guy.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 04-10-2023, 08:55 AM   #8

It's all over the map! We sold a TBR7 because if had so many manufacturing and components issues. The right foot peg actually broke off the first time I swung a leg over it! But my first Templar cost me $1850 and it has been exceptional. I hear individuals (on this site) having serious issues with every single brand/model and others being perfectly happy with no problems on the same bikes. All of them.

Until manufacturing QC and component quality are both consistent, Chinese bikes will just NOT get to the dependability reputation that the big 4 enjoy. I bought mine for the bargain price, and the issues just come with the territory.

Yamaha has sourced complete, built bikes directly from China. Is it the PW50 that is one of these? Not sure, but it CAN be done, but as I said, QC has to be improved, and consistency of components quality too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapkin View Post
Barring idiot politicians ruining everything, Chinabikes are going to keep getting better. I believe they will reach a point where other manufacturers will have to lower their prices or get rolled over. Already, the word is out in my area that people are riding Brozz alongside folks with Yamahas, Suzukis, and other brands. If what my son-in-law tells me is true, these bikes are getting more and more respect, not just because of the price but also because of their value. They offer nice bikes for a good price. Look out, Big Four.

Old 04-10-2023, 12:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLsior View Post
I prefer Spite's more genuine feeling review style after he split with Yammie and his egotistical opinion pieces.

https://www.youtube.com/@spitescorner
I've watched plenty of videos of Spite and he can be just as ridiculous, facetious and insulting to entire rider groups and fans of certain styles of bike.

Maybe that was forced as he was partnered with Yammie, and his own channel is more honest and respectful.. I'll have to see myself.

But at the time, when it was the two of them, they were both horrible half of the time.

Old 04-10-2023, 05:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Until manufacturing QC and component quality are both consistent, Chinese bikes will just NOT get to the dependability reputation that the big 4 enjoy. I bought mine for the bargain price, and the issues just come with the territory.
Unfortunately, QC is lacking on almost anything you buy, from almost anywhere in the world (not just China), and COVID has only made this 10x worse.

Old 04-17-2023, 11:55 PM   #11

This guy is so annoying.

Old 05-23-2023, 09:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Until manufacturing QC and component quality are both consistent, Chinese bikes will just NOT get to the dependability reputation that the big 4 enjoy... QC has to be improved, and consistency of components quality too.

At the prices we are paying it is definitely quantity over quality. No one at this time is going to pay anywhere near Top Brand prices for a chinese brand bike.

The improvements/variants have been tremendous since the 2010's and prices have not crept up that much in all that time despite recent global issues.

But it is still volume first (less expensive packing, shipping/transport) to get more bikes in the hands of more people. Meaning a low price. And it is working.

Once that reaction achieves critical mass, then they will tighten QC, charge higher prices to offset the cost, and, compete with the other 4 at the lower end of the price window, because even then people won't consider paying $5k+ for a Chinese bike when that is the entry for many mainstream level bikes from the other manufacturers.

Old 05-24-2023, 04:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post
I've watched plenty of videos of Spite and he can be just as ridiculous, facetious and insulting to entire rider groups and fans of certain styles of bike.

Maybe that was forced as he was partnered with Yammie, and his own channel is more honest and respectful.. I'll have to see myself.

But at the time, when it was the two of them, they were both horrible half of the time.

Well i'm not subscribed to either Yammie or Spite, But something about Yammie triggers my Cluster B personality alarm...

Spite seems genuine though he definitely has a personal preference.

I'd like see Fortnine's china bike impressions...After his manufacture oil analysis showing favorable results to Royal Enfield and the 411Scram test. I think he would factor in the cost to performance and target buyer demographic more realistically towards the China manufactures/iimporters