Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2022, 12:34 AM   #1

Fork brace for Tao DB 17

Any advice and or recommendation for a fork brace for the Tao DB17. I notice there is a bit more flex in the forks than I would like and it makes for an uneasy feeling when turning, also leading me to sometimes having to straighten out the front wheel for my son. Other than that it has been a great beginner bike for my family to learn on. I also own the Tao Rhino, Apollo DB 36 deluxe, and the X-pro Hawk and I absolutely love them all!

If this is not a bracing issue, please let me know what I should be doing instead. I am mechanically inclined but I know vety little about forks on these bikes.

Old 04-08-2022, 08:21 AM   #2

Ok, she's your db17 have the USD fork or the conventional fork? If it's that USD fork, that's not a bracing issue. Something on your triple tree or wheel isn't tight. If you have the conventional fork, something inside your fork is loose.

Old 04-12-2022, 08:31 AM   #3

My kid's DB17 has the same issue. Handelbars need straightened often, and the fender never does look straight.

Old 04-12-2022, 11:37 AM   #4

That's really odd. My DB17 was heavily abused before I bought it. Everything was dead straight. Both of you, check the clamp bolts on your triple trees. I suspect they aren't tight, and that's allowing the triples to not stay in line with each other. Either that, or the fork tubes are too high/ low, if y'all tried to adjust the height of the bike at the fork for the kids. You hold have a certain zone of a few MMs to set the fork clamps.