Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2022, 02:00 PM   #1

TT 250 price

My brother in-law called me last night, as he’s possibly going to get one of these for his first bike. I guess they (CSC), have had to raise their shipping fee due the fuel crisis. Anyway, to get a new bike shipped to him in OK hits him at $3155.
Ouch………. Starting to creep into used Jap machine pricing, or at least in this part of the country. $2395 for the bike itself, that’s a chunk on top………

Old 03-17-2022, 02:07 PM   #2

Yes, and a 600 dealer fee. But they are the best version of these bikes. My Hawk now wears many TT250 parts.

Part of the china bike popularity in the past 2 years is due to the crazy used bike market.

I was seeing basic japanese pit/youth bikes going for $1500 on my local craigslist/offerup/whatever. It was a no brainer to get a new full size hawk on my doorstep for $1750 instead.
If the market has cooled down in your area it might not make as much sense. Dirt and pit bikes are still sky high in my area (SE FL), street bikes are getting more sensible.
I still love the Hawk/250/other chinabikes tho, great bikes to learn to ride on. Durable enough, straightforward design, can go on and off road, and the people on this forum (Praise megadan) have mapped out some simple mods to get your start in wrenching on motorcycles if you want some improvement.

Old 03-17-2022, 03:10 PM   #3

You have to keep in mind many factors at play right now as well. Prices of everything have started to creep up. Even used bikes are starting to climb. I used to be able to pick up running project bikes like old CB650's for $600-1k even just a few years ago, fix them up, and sell them for 2500. Now the running project bikes are $1500+ most of the time.

Also, when the TT250 was 2100 delivered, the Hawk was only $1200 delivered. Now a Hawk costs 1600-1700 delivered, so the parity between the two is still pretty close to the same.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124