Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2021, 08:14 AM   #1

Got 2 Venom X15s

Around last month, I went to the local china bike dealership out here to pick up my kiddo a new mini. The SYX bikes are just too unreliable. I'm doing things to cope with this, as it's mostly just the carburetor issues, but I just decided to get something 4 stroke.

While I was there, I noticed they still had two Venom X15s. I saw they had one a while ago, but I didn't want to pay what they were selling them for (which wasn't much above what venom was selling them for, but I didn't want to pay that either.). After talking to the guy about them, and how he couldn't move them because people kept thinking it was a full sized bike (HAHA), We worked a deal. I bought the dirt bike for normal price, and I got both x15s for $700 a piece. One worked just fine, and the other didn't want to stay running. I didn't mind, as I had plans for one anyway. lol.

Name:  bikesedit2.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  150.0 KB

The little one is so proud of his collection. lol
Name:  kiddoedit2.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  167.3 KB

Anyway, the x15 has some major issues to be discussed, and hopefully, Venom reads this, and anyone else who is thinking of buying one will read this also.

First: The X15 IS NOT 90CC!! It's 60ccs. I hate the fact that they lied about that, but they pretty much do about everything they list (a majority of the "upgrades" they talk about on their bikes are standard equipment)

Second: The "speedometer" is actually a tachometer with a speedometer dial installed. Oh, it'll say it does 40 mph. I clocked it at 29. Also, at idle, it says your doing 10 mph.

Third: The subframe is plastic. This is possibly the most disappointing thing to me, honestly. That means I can't ride it, because I'm just too heavy. Also, one of the bosses are broken on the other bike. I'm going to see if I can get one made out of aluminum.

Fourth: The plastics suck. Like, really suck. They're brittle, and don't dare get fuel on them. That makes it worse. And I can't find replacement plastics (because I'm trying to get the Repsol stuff. lol)

But, On the up side, I'm putting a 110cc engine in the other bike, and my kiddo gets to practice on the working bike, until then. We're working on body position, and he's getting used to being more over the handlebars than on the dirt bikes/ supermoto.

I'll post more pics as things progress.

Last edited by Falkon45; 08-03-2021 at 04:07 PM.