Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2021, 10:45 PM   #1

2021 Coolster 125cc Q214 Pitbike

Hey all! I bought a 2021 Coolster 125cc bike! It will be getting delivered on friday.

I wanted to ask to see if there was a larger intake or any "better, stronger, etc" parts i could put on her.

Appreciate any feedback !

Pic of bike:

https://imgur.com/a/NJeyVCS

Old 05-22-2021, 02:38 PM   #2

I picked this one up recently as well (for my 12 yr old's upcoming bday) and my opinion is that the stock parts are decent quality. I swapped out the monoshock bolts for stainless 3/8" bolts of the same length and stainless nylock stop nuts since there's a good deal of force on those bolts compared to other areas of the bike. For the cost you could buy 3 or 4 of these bikes for the price of 1 Honda or Yamaha with similar specs. Of course the Japanese bikes are better quality across the board, but I'm nonetheless impressed with the quality of this bike considering it's low cost and Chinese-manufactured.

Another worthwhile upgrade would be the carb. I believe the PZ20 fits this bike and there are likely compatible Mikuni carbs as well. Check Amazon. They run about $30-$40 shipped. Other than that, just a general thorough check of all the nuts and bolts...make sure the nuts on the wheel axles are threadlocked with blue Loctite, and ensure that all of the other nuts are tight as well. I didn't see any issues on the Coolster 125cc that I received just a few days ago...nearly all the nuts and bolts were sufficiently tight and have not vibrated loose after several rides around my property.

It's a nice junior-sized pit bike and should last for many years as long as the bike is properly maintained...chain is lubed and at the proper tension, and the engine oil is changed out regularly. Use 1 quart 10w-40 motorcycle non-synthetic oil for break-in (make sure it's JASO wet clutch compliant oil), then switch to synthetic after the 2nd or 3rd oil change. You should be able to run 4-5 tanks of gas through the engine before the 2nd oil change. Immediately change the factory oil out...the oil from the factory is only meant to prevent corrosion during shipping and storage of the bike when it's brand new. Do NOT run the bike on the factory oil.

Otherwise the Coolster is pretty solid as-is. Keep up on maintenance and the Coolster should serve you well. It's a great bike for youth riders (if you're taller than 5'5" or 5'6" you're probably too large for this bike) as it's not too powerful/fast and perfect for offroad trails that are safe for dirt bike riding. An ideal fit for typical-sized 12-16 yr olds. I've posted a pic of my 12 yr-old son's Coolster below...was easy to assemble and it's had about a tank of gas through it so far.

1. Mikuni VM26 Carburetor w/#115 main jet
2. 17T/45T JT sprockets
3. JT 428 X-ring chain
4. Air box mod
5. Hawk Digital Cluster
6. Aftermarket IMS shift lever
7. Performance Aftermarket Exhaust
8. 295mm Nitrogen Gas Monoshock, 20W oil front forks