Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2021, 10:53 PM   #1

new speedo fuel gauge flashes

so i got a new aftermarket speedometer,
1. because the stock one couldnt be calibrated.
2. i didnt like the look of it.
3. this one looks better and seems like it will actually tell me the correct speed.
i got this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and after doing the correct pin placement im left with a flashing fuel gauge. i know the sender works because when i plug the stock speedo on it works. im working on tracing the wires from the sender through the loom but wondering if anyone has an idea of what the issue can be? the speedo paperwork says it can calibrate from 2 or 3 fuel lines but 2 is default. i found that info a bit odd but im not a motorcycle mechanic. tried both settings and nothing. i have a fuel wire and then i have this unaccounted for and unknown position wire. the 4 gears and neutral are on their own block and the speed sensor wires are on their own block. worst comes to worst i'll hard wire every wire into it just to get this beauty to work fully.

Old 04-24-2021, 12:53 AM   #2

I have the same gauge on my Bashan BSR 250. It uses a 2 wire sender unit. There should be a Blue / White wire on the 9 pin connector from the gauge. It has a +5vdc power out. This goes to the fuel sender wire from your tank. The other wire from your tank will be ground. The sender uses a wire wound resistor for voltage sensing related to fuel level. At full tank the voltage should be 0.41vdc @ 9 ohms. Empty tank should be 2.42vdc @ 96.6 ohms. Use a Volt Ohm Meter to check fuel sender ohms to make sure the resistance matches what the gauge needs. Hope this helps.

Old 04-24-2021, 01:35 AM   #3

Digital Gauge Fuel Sender

Notes......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A_A_Bashan BSR 250_Digital Gauge_Fuel Sender Settings_1.jpg (152.4 KB, 129 views)

Old 04-24-2021, 09:25 AM   #4

thanks bud, i also thought it might be flashing because im low on fuel too but fixing to hit it and start going over everything.

Old 04-24-2021, 10:09 AM   #5

thank you PR D, i got it registering fuel. i had to use option 3 on the fuel setting section and put more gas in the tank. that really helped man , a thousand thanks.

Old 04-24-2021, 02:36 PM   #6

so after getting excited about the fuel gauge registering i hiit another issue, the bike has no fire to the coil with the display. tried jumping the yellow and black wire to the coil which worked but the display doesnt light up. switched wires around in the plug and nothing. tried to trace the wire on my vader gen 2 which is a yellow and white stripe wire and it just gets lost in the wire loom under 2 rolls of electrical tape, then the ignition coil wire is yellow and black stripe and it too gets lost in the loom. might have to put the display on the back burner until i get ready to paint my plastics and while i do that i might take the time and re wire this little catastrophe.

Old 04-24-2021, 05:04 PM   #7

Happy to help on the fuel sender problem. There is a Yellow / Black wire on the gauge 9 Pin connector that goes to the spark plug coil wire that triggers the coil. It's a single wire connection. What do you mean "....but the display doesnt light up."? Does the tach work if you jumper wire directly from the gauge Yellow / Black to the coil wire?

Old 04-24-2021, 05:52 PM   #8

Found this. Different gauge but wiring code may help.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=21374