Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2021, 09:10 AM   #1

restoring an original xl125s with chinese counterparts

Hello guys, nice to meet you all. Im new here, just want to get information about a china knockoffs of xl125s. I've own an xl125s (only frame and jammed engine). Since the parts here in my country is very pricey for original xl's parts, i would like to restore it using a china xl125s but seems can't found the name for it in taobao (close to my country, shipping is very cost-effective)

i've seen some in here but can't find one in taobao
thanks in advance

Old 04-22-2021, 05:16 AM   #2

I am almost done putting a CG250 engine in an XL185 project bike in the dual sport forum section (just search Cg250 XL185 if interested). If you are just after a Chinese clone that will fit the XL125 frame the CG/CB 200cc clones should fit without much drama just be aware of any additional balance shafts that might foul on the frame. As for the Taobao (do you mean Taotao?) branding that is something I am unfamiliar with lots of brand names in different countries but the engines are pretty much the same.

Could a CG250 engine fit in an XL125 frame...I think it could be possible, but you might have clearance and access issues around the rocker cover like did with the XL185 frame.

Old 04-23-2021, 12:30 PM   #3

hey thank XLsior, i've found out that there's a china knockoff for a 1980's XL name JH150L. I just want the bodyparts, block and head (any CC will do). Taobao is a chinese website like ebay. it is hard for restored it since i got no wiring at all here. i've might go with you advice and replace a chinese cb/cg engine with complete harnesses.

Old 04-23-2021, 09:15 PM   #4

The next possible issue then could be converting a 6 volt original to the newer 12v circuit system.

This is why I ended up selling my original 163fml engine with the wiring loom and switch gear. worth more complete and used the funds to cover the cost of swapping over.

Tags
xl125s