Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2020, 04:29 PM   #1

American Powersports Manufacturing Company

I ordered a bike from APMC out of Tennessee. It was a very positive experience. Don Hopper was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. I was particularly concerned that the motorcycle be eligible for legal registration here in Georgia. He is a licensed dealer and will fill your paperwork (MCO and Bill of Sale) correctly. He dropped shipped my bike to a local freight terminal directly from California. He gave me several options for different freight companies. One would have delivered right to my door. Great communication every step of the way. The whole process took less than 10 days including paperwork. My Bashan BSR 250 arrive without a scratch. I used Old Dominion freight and was very impressed with them also.

Others have had possibly a different experience. All I can say is my experience was very good.

Old 12-18-2020, 09:03 PM   #2

Good to hear. I great dealings with Don myself.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 12-18-2020, 10:53 PM   #3

I'm glad you had a good experience with your purchase. I've always had good luck with the transaction part (With TX and Q9), but delivery is interesting.

The bike I recently bought: An old fat guy managed to sneak by my office, park out back and start pushing my little precious on the driveway from a four foot trailer deck. A person I was working with kept saying "do you hear beeping?" I must be old and deaf myself, but I had to run out and tell him to stop. Then I got my pickup and we slid it on that.

This is pretty much Deja Vu with the previous bike I bought. There was supposed to be a call an hour before arrival which didn't happen either time. I can only imagine how someone with no pickup/tractor/brute force, etc would feel when confronted by something like that.

However, I'm not unhappy or upset in any way. This stuff is declared FOB to the destination which is impossible to begin with - I have seen videos where there was a lift gate, maybe you pay extra for that. It's just friggin' weird...

Old 12-19-2020, 09:59 AM   #4

Yep, I opted to not have the lift gate service. It was going to be about $80 more Also would have had to use Saia freight which I was forewarned was next to impossible to resolve damage claims. Lift gate would have meant them using a smaller cargo van or the like. My theory was the less transfers from truck to truck, the less chance for damage. As for the unloading, I have a cheap HF 1 ton chain hoist and lifted it up while my wife drove our pickup out from under. I also used the hoist for uncrating and assembly. Worked out well.