Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2020, 07:35 PM   #1

Just arrived today

Happy to report that after a long period of reviewing the multiple options and then finally deciding this past Wednesday, I placed my order for the Desert Tan Brozz Recon.

Amazingly the order went in Wednesday, this bike was in transit on Thursday and arrived at my house at 11am today in VA.

I put the bike together with the help of my son and it took about 4 hours total, making sure we used adequate grease where needed as well as ample amounts of blue locktite. All in all it was a breeze..

The bike looks amazing and I'm very happy with the fit and finish as others have discussed.

The only hiccup I ran into was that after starting the bike I couldn't shut her down from the ignition off position and had to choke it full to turn her off.. Meanwhile the dash was still lit up and all electric was hot.

I disconnected the ignition lead and reseated with no change. At this point I contacted Jeff at Peace Sports who said he hadn't heard of that happening before.. thankfully he had an idea that turned out to resolve the issue.. I had to unplug the remote start and then reconnect the plug and voila it works now from ignition as well as key fob..

Took a short gravel road ride with my son to rack up 8 miles on the original oil. Jeff recommends riding 100 miles before changing but I plan to change it tomorrow morning anyway..

The bike came with the filled out Bill of Sale and filled out Title and I have an appt at DMV this Tuesday to register her..

My only gripe which is minor is how quiet she is, whisper quiet id say.. Perhaps a aftermarket pipe may be in the near future

Also plan on USB charger/ battery tender pigtail as well as cell phone holder mount..

Very happy ☺
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201106_172634_resized.jpg (62.5 KB, 300 views)

Old 11-06-2020, 08:11 PM   #2

The Tan Brozz looks awesome.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-06-2020, 09:56 PM   #3

Looks good! Be careful what you wish for that aftermarket can be loud!

Old 11-06-2020, 10:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
Happy to report that after a long period of reviewing the multiple options and then finally deciding this past Wednesday, I placed my order for the Desert Tan Brozz Recon.

Amazingly the order went in Wednesday, this bike was in transit on Thursday and arrived at my house at 11am today in VA.

I put the bike together with the help of my son and it took about 4 hours total, making sure we used adequate grease where needed as well as ample amounts of blue locktite. All in all it was a breeze..

The bike looks amazing and I'm very happy with the fit and finish as others have discussed.

The only hiccup I ran into was that after starting the bike I couldn't shut her down from the ignition off position and had to choke it full to turn her off.. Meanwhile the dash was still lit up and all electric was hot.

I disconnected the ignition lead and reseated with no change. At this point I contacted Jeff at Peace Sports who said he hadn't heard of that happening before.. thankfully he had an idea that turned out to resolve the issue.. I had to unplug the remote start and then reconnect the plug and voila it works now from ignition as well as key fob..

Took a short gravel road ride with my son to rack up 8 miles on the original oil. Jeff recommends riding 100 miles before changing but I plan to change it tomorrow morning anyway..

The bike came with the filled out Bill of Sale and filled out Title and I have an appt at DMV this Tuesday to register her..

My only gripe which is minor is how quiet she is, whisper quiet id say.. Perhaps a aftermarket pipe may be in the near future

Also plan on USB charger/ battery tender pigtail as well as cell phone holder mount..

Very happy ☺
I don't like loud bikes either but the Brozz is way quiet much so compared to the stock exhaust on the TBR i had.

I replaced the whole system with on of those ebay units for under $100. it saved a lot of weight too. i had to drill a few holes to mount it and of course the plate where it mounts to the engine needed some work.

Problem was now it is too loud so i have just finished modifying a baffle type spark arrestor that is USFS approved. Have not got my bike finished yet but i think it should tone it down a bit.

Congratulations on the bike.

Old 11-06-2020, 11:02 PM   #5

Quote:

Very happy ☺
The tan would look good out here on the desert ride tomorrow.
I put the aftermarket exhaust on my Brozz recently and she is loud but pulls stronger along with the rejeting. The problem with the aftermarket exhaust is it get too close to the air box. I kept my air box and did some mods to make the pipe just a bit longer which helped out allot.
https://radpaul.weebly.com/brozz-and-hawk-250.html

Old 11-07-2020, 08:13 AM   #6

Thanks guys!

With regard to the exhaust, from reading here, it seems that the aftermarket options may be on the loud side with a few mods needed o make them work. Im wondering if its just possible to drill a few holes in the endcap of the stock exhaust. This was a popular mod when i had a Honda Magna 750 that i also performed and it raised the volume handsomely and you could drill as many holes as needed to get the desired effect.
I havent read about anyone doing that on the forum and wonder if its a viable option.. worst case if it doesnt work you could plug up the holes with some exhaust putty that hardens to metal. Anyone ever try this out?

Old 11-07-2020, 09:29 AM   #7

Congrats on the Brozz...! I received mine in less than 48 hrs also, to VA from Jeff....great people to deal with.....as far as the quiet exhaust, I love mine the way it is...I have been riding since 1968,...I'm to the point, I'm happy at just being seen, and not heard. My Brozz is all in stock tune the way it comes,...except of course for a couple valve adjustment and checks,oh,..and a NGK plug swap....runs great.
2019 Brozz 250

Old 11-07-2020, 11:40 AM   #8

I bought an aftermarket exhaust when I first got my HAWK, it still sits on a shelf in my garage. With the issues with mounting and the airbox and the look after installation and the fact I needed a NFS approved muffler which is a screen on the stock exhaust I could not come to install it. Later I got another bike and put an aftermarket exhaust on it and got to experience the sound. I decided to de-cat the exhaust to gain some power and reduce heat and to me the sound is just right. The gains in performance with the aftermarket for the cost of the noise was not worth it given my goals for the bike. I mean I have more than enough horsepower for my needs. I also appreciate the clean lines and tucked away appearance of the stock exhaust as compared to most aftermarket installations. 3 cents on it.

Old 11-07-2020, 10:46 PM   #9

Thats a good looking Motorcycle right there now! Grats on the new hobby !
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 11-07-2020, 11:10 PM   #10

Quote:

Very happy ☺
Perhaps I spoke too soon about the knobbies; I borrowed member Emerikol's Hawk 250 for the Arizona ride a group of members did, and according to the digital dash he installed on the Hawk, we rode 34 miles from his driveway to the trailhead all on freeway with a little bit on highway. It has knobbies that resemble yours. Not too aggressive at all for the pavement. We were doing 60-65 for mile after mile, and I did not feel uncomfortable at all on the beast. Ironically, not being my bike, I did have to get used to it on the dirt/sand/rock/pebble trails and roads on the off-road portion. My goal was to NOT drop the bike since it is not mine; it worked for the most part (my definition of dropping was to not get thrown off the bike thanks to the tires washing out, or other reasons).

Hopefully, you will have similar results...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-08-2020, 07:38 AM   #11

Yes I can report that the knobbies are quite comfortable at cruising speeds on the road.. so I got to experience my first dual sport experience yesterday when I turn off the road into a new housing development on several acres that us still being cleared and had uphill rock paths and dirt trails, was quite fun to explore around and then hop back on the road and go about my business..
Definitely enjoying this new format of bike for me and loving the Brozz, yes she's 1/10th the horsepower I'm used to but still tons of fun nonetheless. And from what I've read she should gain some power as the break in continues and ends..

Last edited by tknj99; 11-08-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Old 11-08-2020, 11:19 AM   #12

Update: adjusted the valves today, they were full tight... adjusted to .002/.002..

I also decided to pop 4 small holes in a cross pattern in the exhaust cap and im happy to report that it increased volume a good 20-30% and sounds much better

Last edited by tknj99; 11-08-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Old 11-09-2020, 02:52 PM   #13

Bike looks great! And yes they do get more peppy as the motor breaks in! I'm curious though, what's the point of remote start on a motorcycle?

Old 11-09-2020, 03:03 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCoY View Post
Bike looks great! And yes they do get more peppy as the motor breaks in! I'm curious though, what's the point of remote start on a motorcycle?
Thanks, yes definitely looking forward to some more pep..
I like being able to start the bike and then put the key fob in my pocket instead of it flopping around on the handlebars.. a novel thing but it works