Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2020, 08:40 AM   #1

coil help question on Tao 125 ATV

My daughters 125 ATV Tao quit her and trying to line it out. It lost spark. Every now and then it will.spark.when checking it, but just for a sec
Using a test light on the yellow coil wire, while cranking with the wire pulled, it does get power as you crank it like its sending power to the coil. But plug it back into the coil and no power signal at all, like the coil kills it before it gets there. Is this just a bad coil or what should I be looking for? I've checked the coil with a multimeter and it gives tolerable readings, but why would the wire not give power when plugged in??

Old 09-18-2020, 07:27 PM   #2

ok, did the stator test and got a reading of like 150, right on the nose for what I have read. thought it must be the coil. ordered a new coil, still NO SPARK !! i have switched out CDI boxes and no luck, and tried a couple different plugs.
using a test light I get activity to the coil from the CDI wire with the coil unplugged.. plugged in , same wire not reading on the test light.
using a multimeter on AC Volts (set on lowest of 200) i get some activity at the plug wire while cranking. aboit 3-5 Volts. ..

what the hell should i be looking for?????