Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2020, 05:37 PM   #1

RXB150 Mikuni VM26-606 install

Got the Mikuni VM-26-606 installed today. Transferred from my CSC TT250, that I put a new NIBBI PE28 on. Note how the idle and pilot screws are totally accessible. And, to change the Main jet all I have to do is loosen from the manifold, pull out, rotate and change the jet thru the port in the bottom of the bowl. No need to remove the bowl.

Other than adjusting the pilot screw and idle I didn't have to change any jets or adjust the needle clip (it was on the most lean position already).

I lucked out again! That is all I had to do with the NIBBI on the 250.

It starts and idles smoothly at about 1500 once warmed up. Idle cold is more like 2000.

This rocks! Sounds completely different and the bike is noticeably quicker.

The second photo shows how I started off with the manifold adaptor 180 degrees off. I was pissed until I realized all I needed to do was rotate. I took the petcock off at first, but if I had had the manifold rotation correct I wouldn't have had to.

BTW, I got the manifold adaptor from TBOLTUSA.com. Carb came from Dennis Kirk a while back. Photo shows the stock Orion air filter, but I have an UNI already to replace it with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vm26-606 installed 9-3-2020.jpg (82.3 KB, 408 views)
File Type: jpg vm26-606 mainfold 180 0ff.jpg (58.6 KB, 416 views)

Orion RXB 150XL

Last edited by Goob; 09-03-2020 at 05:44 PM. Reason: add pnotos

Old 09-04-2020, 09:30 AM   #2

What adapter did you need from Tbolt? Also what size Uni is it? I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these bikes and I’m gonna go ahead and swap carb straight out of the shipping crate.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:27 AM   #3

Tbolt adaptor & filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclelove View Post
What adapter did you need from Tbolt? Also what size Uni is it? I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these bikes and I’m gonna go ahead and swap carb straight out of the shipping crate.
The Tbolt adaptor is: TRC-0599-0 26mm Carb Intake Adapter Boot $19.99. Just make sure you have it in the right position when mounting...it is not centered, so if it doesn't line up to start with, then rotate 180 degrees. https://tboltusa.com/store/26mm-carb...oot-p-599.html

It fits very tight, as the ID is about 33mm and the carb is 35mm. I put it on before I mounted, as it took some pushing. But, it does fit nicely. Hardly need the pipe clamp.

The filter that comes with the bike for the VM26 Flange mount will fit. It is 44mm according to this jetsrus.com spec for the VM26 spigot (which is the -606). https://www.jetsrus.com/carburetor/c...VM_series.html

On Tbolt....you could get this UNI, it is just .5mm larger. 44.5 mm is 1.75 inch and that works. You can likely find cheaper on ebay or amazon: https://tboltusa.com/store/uni-compa...in-p-9448.html

You will not regret buying this bike! As long as it fits you (height/weight wise) it has a better power to weight ratio than the 250, any Chinese 250, and is a fantastic trail bike. I am 6 ft, 175 lbs, and it works very well for me.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 09-05-2020, 10:43 AM   #4

Awesome. Thanks man! I’m 180 5’10”. Will my feet touch? This will be my 1st bike since I was 13 and that was a YZ 80 and 30 years ago! Lol

Old 09-05-2020, 11:04 AM   #5

Yes..you should fit nicely

Quote:
Awesome. Thanks man! I’m 180 5’10”. Will my feet touch? This will be my 1st bike since I was 13 and that was a YZ 80 and 30 years ago! Lol
Yes..you should fit nicely. I can pretty much flat foot. It has the same seat height as my CSC TT250 with the Seat Customs seat, so very comfortable. But, so much more ground clearance!

I have sort have gotten back into bikes in the past 3 years because of my son's interest. I am 61 and hadn't had a bike since I was 43 (not counting the Yamaha DT100 I got for my son to learn on, that inherited after he got a XR250R).

I was always a small bike person, so the RXB150 made sense. Past bikes included Honda XL100 (at 17), Honda CB125S (at 22), then a big jump in time...a Honda Trail 90 (at 43), and then the CSC TT250 and RXB150 (at 60).

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 10-06-2020, 06:39 PM   #6

I finally got my bike today and just been riding around in my neighborhood but man it runs great out of the box. I’m on the coast in southeast Georgia so at sea level. The stock carb and jets seem great. I already bought the real Mikuni but I don’t know if it’s worth replacing stock! This bike is a lot of fun!

Old 10-07-2020, 08:28 AM   #7

Quote:
I already bought the real Mikuni but I don’t know if it’s worth replacing stock!
I wouldn't bother during break-in if stock is working for you. I have no doubt the aftermarket carb will have a use at some point, but right now, you might as well leave well enough alone.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-09-2020, 11:48 AM   #8

Goob, when you adjusted valves did you have to take off skid plate? I can't get one of the bolts out at the bottom because skid plate in the way.