Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2020, 09:26 PM   #1

Nibbi PE30 initial jetting

Got some goodies in the mail today and a few more things on the way, hopefully soon. Once I get everything installed, I will have:
2020 Brozz with the Car Customs TT250 exhaust, NGK Iridium spark plug, a Nibbi Pod filter, and a Nibbi PE30.
My question is what pilot and main jet, as well as how many turns out on the air mixture screw, and what needle setting should I go with on the initial install to begin dialing it in?
I was thinking needle jet clip middle position, 2 turns out on the air mixture screw, 38 pilot, and 120 main.
Please let me know if I should do it differently.

Old 07-17-2020, 11:39 PM   #2

Also, the plunger that I took to be the "choke" I'm seeing called the "fuel enrichment plunger".... same thing right? Up or out is choke off and in or down is choke on?

Old 07-17-2020, 11:40 PM   #3

Sorry the Chinese instructions make about half sense and also a little schematic with pointer arrows to the parts layout would be nice lol but that didn't happen.

Old 07-18-2020, 12:39 AM   #4

That plunger is for an enrichening circuit. It's not a traditional choke that closes a butterfly valve. Pushing it in should shut the circuit, and pulling it opens it.

Watching this thread because my first aftermarket part will be a Nibbi.

Old 07-18-2020, 01:28 AM   #5

It really must be a literal little circuit because from just external observations it closes a tiny hole on the intake side that is maybe 1/8" diameter. Would be nice to have a schematic.

Old 07-18-2020, 05:09 AM   #6

It's a circuit, it goes to the bowl, when you raise the plunger it will open the circuit. The Engine vacuum will drain extra fuel from that circuit hence it will ENRICH the mixture. Since you add more fuel but the air remains the same it will make the mixture richers.
On the other hands the carbs with choke have a butterfly valve that will CHOKE out the air from the carb. Since you have less air but the same ammount of fuel from the Pilot jet, the mixture will be also richer.
The choke and the Enrichment circuit does about the same, make the mixture richer, so the engine will have an easier time starting on a cold day...

Right now Nibbi has to be the best aftermarket chinese Carb mfg. I put aftermarket since some OEM carbs by Mikuni, Keihin, Teikei are made in china but they are far cry from the aftermarket chinese "mikuni" "keihin" and "teikei".

I tried a lot of chinese carbs and all of them seems to have weakens or defect, the Nibbi seems to be doing a much better job a QC.

This is a PE26 on my XTZ125, it has a perfect idle, great acceleration without hiccups and it drop in part. At sea level i run PJ 35 MJ 120 NJ Clip at the middle, Air Screw 1 and 1/2 the mixture seems to be great (Spark Plug color)

I think in your case the PJ 38 could be dead on, but the MJ 120 will be a bit lean, the PE is a carb designed by Keihin and this clone uses Keihin jets (lucky us). So while a Mikuni mj 120 may be a bit too rich for a cg 230cc a Keihin MJ 120 may be a bit too lean for a cg 230cc.

It's better to start jetting on the rich side than on the lean one.

Old 07-18-2020, 01:21 PM   #7

Ok so I'll start at 38 PJ, think I should go 120 or 125 for the MJ? Start at 1 1/2 out for the mixture, and does the middle position sound good for the needle?
I'm at 800-1000 above sea level btw.

Old 07-18-2020, 03:12 PM   #8

Go for the 125 instead of the 120. I think the 120 even at that elevation may be a bit too lean.

Old 07-19-2020, 09:53 PM   #9

I couldn't resist and put it on today even though the exhaust hasn't arrived yet. Was pretty easy to install with all the parts I had ordered.
Initially I was worried about it being lean, so I fumbled and fussed and test rode about three times and have it pretty close to dialed with the new pod filter but still stock exhaust. I didn't want to get too OCD about it because I'll just have to do it again once I get the exhaust on.
All I have to say is it makes a world of difference. Idle is so so much better, and smoother. And it really feels much better from 1/4 throttle all the way up. I wish I had done it much sooner.

Old 07-19-2020, 09:55 PM   #10

So with stock exhaust, and with the pod filter, I ended up with a 35 pilot jet, and the 120 main jet. The needle clip is set at the middle position. 2 turns out on the mixture screw. It's not perfect yet but huge improvement and I'm not going to fiddle with it until I get the exhaust on because all those numbers will change anyway.

Old 07-19-2020, 10:04 PM   #12

The carb and filter unit installed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 607.jpg (21.1 KB, 1036 views)

Old 09-02-2020, 12:12 AM   #13

I just put the Nibbi PE30 on a 2020 Brozz and let me tell you, it was pure hell dialing it in. But once I got it there it’s great. The Nibbi carbs are great but they are very touchy and temperamental. I had mine good then I oiled the filter and it changed everything. Same way with a fuel filter, I installed a new in line fuel filter and had to rejet again. It sounds like you are going in the right direction with your jetting, keep it up and don’t get discouraged is the main thing. Good luck.

Old 09-03-2020, 09:16 AM   #14

Opposite experience from Mr Fixit...in a good way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fixit View Post
I just put the Nibbi PE30 on a 2020 Brozz and let me tell you, it was pure hell dialing it in. But once I got it there it’s great. The Nibbi carbs are great but they are very touchy and temperamental. I had mine good then I oiled the filter and it changed everything. Same way with a fuel filter, I installed a new in line fuel filter and had to rejet again. It sounds like you are going in the right direction with your jetting, keep it up and don’t get discouraged is the main thing. Good luck.
I had the opposite experience from you. I got a NIBBI PE28 for my CSC TT250. I ordered some jets expecting to have to do some work, as I am at 5280 ft and have always had to.

Well, I couldn't wait (2 whole days) for my jets, so I put it on the other day with the stock 40 Pilot and the 118 Main (stock was 115). Bingo! Adjusted the pilot screw and idle. Idles smoothly at 1500 rpm, fantastic smooth throttle response, great 3/4 to full pull. I was amazed! It actually revs past 8000 rpm, which was pretty much the limit with the previous carb. Though I typically try to stay at lower rpm's to conserve fuel.

I may change out the Pilot to a 38, as I am only 1 1/8 turns out, which means I am using less air. With the 38 I may hit more like 2 turns out or so. But, this is just quibbling, as one is on the lower side of turns and the other on the higher side. It runs so good now I don't know if I will do this.

The whole process of install/adjustment took about 15 minutes. Took much longer to get the previous Mikuni VM26-606 dialed in. With it I had to adjust the needle clip and try out a couple different Pilot jets. The -606 is going onto my RXB150 this weekend. It will be interesting to see what changes I need to make. I hope I am as lucky as with the NIBBI.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 09-04-2020, 09:48 PM   #15

I will be testing this out over the fakuni vm26. I feel like there is a little more I can get out of this bike and it's not doing it. So we shall see if this goes as smooth as your install.