Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2008, 08:57 AM   #1

Another build, Lifan this time

Well, while wating for this Loncin Race Motor to return from California for the Beast Build , I decided to start another build .
Did I mention I love motorcycles ! : lol:
I picked up another 125cc Race motor .This time I am going to try the tried and true Lifan Race 125 motor . I got another Traditional style frame , this one is a bit taller than the Beast Build frame. May even swap that out of the Beast and build a 12" and 12" wheeled bike this time with the other frame ? Not sure yet ? Depends on the forks I choose I suppose .
It is a major ordeal to build these things from scratch . Allot of work , more work than MOST peopple could tollerate to be honest with all the fabrication you must do to fit everything you want on a frame and chassis that doesn't nessaccarilly fit everything you may actually want to put on the bike . I have well over 100 hours intot he one already and still ahve to assemble it agian after the motor gets back here from Cali .
Hardest thing to do on these bieks when orddering custom rims and brakes is fabricating them to the swingarms and forks to ge tthem centered and actually have the rotors where they have to be. I milled and milled for several hours to do spacers and shave a little here and there to accomplish that miraculous feat .

I may be a glutton for punishment starting another done, but they are SOOOOOOOOOOO cool when they are done . Keeps my mind and hands busy too, which is essentail for me as person . Plus the satisfaction of being able to build is pretty nice too. God given talent, not mine , I never forget who provides me with that, or the money to build bikes.

Cheers, let the games begin .

Kelly5150 out

Old 04-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #2

Kelly, you should have your own brand of bike by now.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-13-2008, 10:18 PM   #3

Yeh, but

Yeh but,
like all good things you love to do, once money is involved it is almost simultaniously destroyed by crappy clients . Fact .

I wish I could type !!!! That last post of mine here sucked. Slow down Kelly .

Yeh, a Kelly Brand would be cool, but honestly were talking allot of money to get that going . I aint rich . There aint no money in it either, too many hours to build stuff and everyone is a tight-a$$ and wants something for nothing .

Cheers, Kelly out

Old 04-13-2008, 10:38 PM   #4

Word! So true!

I dunno how many times people come in and ax me to fix something on their cars, and then say,"But I don't want to spend anything on it."

Well, want do they want me to do? Fix it, or just poke it with a pointy stick for a while?

Value doesn't necessarily mean cheap!

Crapf! 4 posts today! And sober too!
--Vince the fromer Lurquer.