Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2008, 08:10 PM   #1

vibration is back

but i dont care. I reckon its another engine bolt that needs tightened. i just changed the oil and the screen was totally clear and the oil was not metallified or anything. bike runs great but numbing my hands.

gonna keep on keeping on...i got 1800+km and its FUN!!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 08:20 PM   #2

Anyone tried to balance the flywheel? Doubt the factories devote much time to balancin them.

No drill holes, no balanced :(

Old 04-07-2008, 08:22 PM   #3

I think the discumbobulator is going out on this thing. Either that, or the thingamajiggy is working its way loose. But it still runs good.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:29 PM   #4

It's symptomatic of a bent johnson rod because the thingamajiggy on the china bikes is just for looks and doesnt function like the ones copied from the jap bikes.

Get rid of the stock engine bolts and get some real bolts in there and you'll never have to mess with them again.
(If you'd have seen how I ride my bike after doing the bolts you'd have done yours already)

You now know for sure what the REAL problem is and the fix is GOOD quality bolts.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:42 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCheap
It's symptomatic of a bent johnson rod because the thingamajiggy on the china bikes is just for looks and doesnt function like the ones copied from the jap bikes.

Get rid of the stock engine bolts and get some real bolts in there and you'll never have to mess with them again.
(If you'd have seen how I ride my bike after doing the bolts you'd have done yours already)

You now know for sure what the REAL problem is and the fix is GOOD quality bolts.
Agreed, mine use to vibrate and make funny rattle noises then I tightened the bolts and snaped one of them so I said F it and bought grade 8 bolts and socked them in there really tight with locktight. The bike is now a completely different animal its amazing. Sooo much smoother feeling. If its vibrating the handle bars are you sure you have a 4 stoke in that one? j/k That must be pretty bad then!

Old 04-07-2008, 08:48 PM   #6

If you read elsewhere by usmc_mustang, he actually found the cause of my bike's transmission problem--the mechanic from south of the border!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-07-2008, 08:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroyjetsn
Anyone tried to balance the flywheel? Doubt the factories devote much time to balancin them.

No drill holes, no balanced :(
Thats a great idea, but with the reluctor, it would be difficult. You would need to use more mallory metal than what the bike is worth. I am sure the reluctor weighs a good 10 to 15 grams.

If you actually split one of these cases, it would scare you. You would no longer worry about things like balancing. Heck, the clutch basket alone scares me enough to keep it at 55..

Just an FYI, the lower crank gear on the OHV motor, is only a press fit on the crankshaft. No roll pin, no bolt, no woodruff key. Not sure on the OHC, didnt pay attention when I had the last one apart..

Old 04-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #8

TC could the grommits on the hoojamawhijjet be faulty?