Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2020, 03:49 PM   #1

Is it really a 2020 TBR7?

Hello everyone,

I am new here and I am pretty close to joining the club with a TBR7. I have been lurking on these forums for a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone had anymore info on the 2020 TBR7 and places to purchase. The only seller that I have seen that has the 2020 listed explicitly is q9powersports. The only difference I know of is the skid plate on the 2020. Does anyone know of any other differences? Are there any other places to get the 2020 TBR7? Thanks

Last edited by J_Sta; 03-09-2020 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Title change

Old 03-09-2020, 04:24 PM   #2

I just received my tbr7 from q9 powersports on Monday. It has the skid plate and a few other improvements that I wasn’t expecting. The info plate on the swing arm says it’s a 11/2019. So it was made in november of 2019. I had a good experience with q9. No issues yet. I entered my vin number on their web site so that I would receive my MCO and bill of sale. I have yet to receive them, but it’s only been a week. So far the bike has been great. I have only 50 miles on it, but that’s pretty good considering I’m riding it around illegally. I did do the improvements that are suggested with most China bikes like carb jets, valve adjustments, and loctite galore. All in all I’m very happy with this bike.

Old 03-09-2020, 04:37 PM   #3

Fair to call this out, I bought my TBR7 in April 2019 and many other sites advertised 2019 , however they shipped with rear drum brakes.

Mine arrived from TXPowersports with Rear Disk brakes... I was pleasantly surprised.

Old 03-09-2020, 06:26 PM   #4

Update: my bill of sale and MCO we’re waiting in my mail box. So one week is all I waited for them.

Old 03-09-2020, 06:38 PM   #5

On a side note, a friend at work showed up today with a 2020 Yamaha xt250. It’s a very nice bike but.......it doesn’t come with a rear rack, hand guards, tool box (burrito tube), fuel gauge, gear indicator, LED turn signals, easily accessible rear shock adjustment, which was all included with my tbr7. Nor does it have the amount of fuel capacity that my tbr7 has. And if memory serves me correctly, it doesn’t have a kick start lever. Seeing that made me very much more pleased with my purchase. I was sure to rub it in his face as well.

Old 03-10-2020, 01:51 PM   #6

I bought my son's TBR7 from TXPowersports Feb. and it came with skid plate and was a 2020.