Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2020, 01:01 PM   #1

RX3 chain issue

Hello friends.
last night I was starting off a traffic light and suddenly felt like the back tire was flat, so I pulled over and noticed that the tire was fine but the chain mas misplaced on the back sprocket.
I tried to putting in place but it was way too tight, so I ended up calling insurance and get a tow truck to my house.
I am going to have a new chain and sprockets change, but wondering why this happen, if you have any ideas let me know.

Thanks

Old 02-21-2020, 06:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanca View Post
Hello friends.
last night I was starting off a traffic light and suddenly felt like the back tire was flat, so I pulled over and noticed that the tire was fine but the chain mas misplaced on the back sprocket.
I tried to putting in place but it was way too tight, so I ended up calling insurance and get a tow truck to my house.
I am going to have a new chain and sprockets change, but wondering why this happen, if you have any ideas let me know.

Thanks
How many miles/kms on the chain and sprockest? If they're high and the sprockets and chain are badly worn, then it is possible for the chain to jump off of the sprocket. On the other hand, if wear is low to minimal, then I would be checking the torque on the axle nut and the chain adjusters. Also make sure that the chain is running true to the sprockets, otherwise it can walk off. Another possibility is that the bearing for the rear sprocket carrier is bad, allowing the sprocket to wobble and the chain to jump off. Let us know what you find when you install the new sprocket and chain.

Old 02-24-2020, 12:51 PM   #3

I know the stock chains on all my China bikes, even the RX3's, were junk. They stretched horribly so I changed them quickly.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 02-24-2020, 06:27 PM   #4

Actually, 6K miles on the bike.
Everything seems fine, mechanic said that it could happen due to loose tension on the chain.
At the end, I just changed the chain, one Japanese with no Orings, but i will be buying the one in CSC web site together with both sprockets and change them in a couple of months.

Already using it and feels smoother than before on the changes.

Old 02-24-2020, 06:52 PM   #5

As 2LZ points out, the RX3 stock chain is crap. The 6000 miles you got is about the normal life for it. I didn't even bother with the one on mine, I replaced it with an EK o-ring chain from CSC after the 500 mile break in. You definitely want to get a new o-ring chain on there ASAP, though with the mileage being so low, you can probably keep your existing sprockets

Old 02-28-2020, 01:22 PM   #6

Thanks you all for your comments and suggestions.
I will order a new o-ring chain from CSC.