Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2019, 02:35 PM   #1

PWK28 Too lean?

A few days ago, i got a PWK 28 to replace the stock PZ27 for my CG 190cc.
Name:  IMG_0991.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  92.0 KB
So i set my Main jet to 110 and the Pilot jet to 32, needle clip to the second position counted from top to the tipo of the needle. Idle mixture screw to 1 1/2 turns.
The bikes seems to run fine, the acceleration seems better than the one i had with the PZ27 but i feel i'm running too lean. Plus if try to go from close throttle to full throttle, there seems to be some hesitation.

My spark plug was a bit black due to some previous rich runs, today i went to check the plug and i found this.
Name:  IMG_1020.JPG
Views: 823
Size:  89.2 KB

So i moved the needle clip to #3 to give a bit more fuel set the idle mixture screw to 1 1/2 turns and it seems to behave somewhat the same.

I'm too lean?? Do i need to put a bigger pilot jet?

Old 11-03-2019, 08:41 PM   #2

Well i changed to a #35 and it's running like it should.

Just a word of advice on PWK carbs, there seems to be two tiers of quality when it comes to the clones and knock off.

The Counterfeits that use the SUDCO and KEIHIN brand and those that are marked "Nibbi" "OSAKA" "KOSO" "Oko" etc....
They are pretty much the same minus the marking and most important the gaskets...
The gaskets on those not marked as "keihin" are much much cheaper quality than the ones marked as "Keihin" and "Sudco"....
Mine was marked as osaka and came with 4 main (105,110,115,125) jets and 4 pilots jet (32,35,38,40) but not replacement bowl gasket...
The bowl gasket on mine went kaput after opening it only two times....
So i had to rush to a store to get a new gasket.
Other than that the cheapers pwk seems to be OK. If someone gets one of these cheaper pwk, make sure to get some extra gaskets.

In fact this PWK fits my driving style much better than the VM26, PZ27 and the PZ30 pumper that i tried...
Name:  IMG_0995.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  95.3 KB

Old 11-03-2019, 11:51 PM   #3

Yeah, the pwk and pe carbs are much more sensitive to the pilot jet than the pz/vm carbs. It took me a few tries to figure out which pilot I needed.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124