Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2019, 05:06 PM   #1

New member with CSC TT250

Just got my tt250 Friday. Whole buying experience had been very pleasant and very professional. These people have their act together, first class operation. Put about 50 miles on the bike over the last few days and so far so good. Quality Seems comparable to the lower end Japanese bikes I’ve been around. Time will tell I suppose. Only complaint is clutch chatter and it seems that once it heats up the clutch is very on or off feeling and the feathering ability goes away. I also noticed that the gear box was very difficult to find neutral, it’s very notchy. This morning I did an oil change. After tons of research I decided to go with the Rotela T4 15-40. I haven’t had a chance to take it for a ride yet but I’m can say that it falls into neutral now with ease and the notchy ness is gone. I’ll report back this evening on the clutch performance after I give it a ride. Not sure what the factory oil is but I will day that after only 50 miles it’s looks dark and nasty.

Looking forward to being part of the community and I hope to learn a lot about these value machines.

Old 07-06-2019, 08:35 PM   #2

These cheaper bikes need breaking in and things generally improve.
It is Chinese so do not expect Japanese perfection but generally they become "good enough"
My CSC RX3 also hard to find neutral a bit and so have all my bikes in the past.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra260 View Post
Just got my tt250 Friday. Whole buying experience had been very pleasant and very professional. These people have their act together, first class operation. Put about 50 miles on the bike over the last few days and so far so good. Quality Seems comparable to the lower end Japanese bikes I’ve been around. Time will tell I suppose. Only complaint is clutch chatter and it seems that once it heats up the clutch is very on or off feeling and the feathering ability goes away. I also noticed that the gear box was very difficult to find neutral, it’s very notchy. This morning I did an oil change. After tons of research I decided to go with the Rotela T4 15-40. I haven’t had a chance to take it for a ride yet but I’m can say that it falls into neutral now with ease and the notchy ness is gone. I’ll report back this evening on the clutch performance after I give it a ride. Not sure what the factory oil is but I will day that after only 50 miles it’s looks dark and nasty.

Looking forward to being part of the community and I hope to learn a lot about these value machines.
Your experience with Rotella T4 is the same reason I like to use it. Nothing fancy about it, just a good basic oil that works well on these bikes. The oil will have a shorter life span during break in no matter what you run. Once you get a few hundred miles on the bike it should loosen up a bit and shifting, smoothness, and even power will improve.
CSC has some great tutorials on maintenance for their bikes on their website that would be worth looking over. Valve adjustment in particular is one I would get familiar with and check at least once or twice by the 500 mile mark.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 07-06-2019, 11:15 PM   #4

I printed the 120 page manual and I have been reading up on all the how to’s. Went for a short ride this evening and the clutch performance was much improved. I’m sure once it gets broke in things will settle in. I did make the mistake of fine tuning the clutch lever free play and now my OCD won’t let me stop messing with it to find the perfect spot lol. Valve adjustment planned for next weekend

Old 07-07-2019, 10:14 AM   #5

Welcome aboard and thanks for the updates!!! Post pix if you can!
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 07-07-2019, 02:18 PM   #6

A few pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EE0E39E5-5088-4BDA-876B-1FED7B5AA26C.jpg (19.7 KB, 356 views)
File Type: jpg 36DA94BB-4191-42E3-A9B5-A6F625A599D4.jpg (20.0 KB, 359 views)

Old 07-08-2019, 12:26 AM   #7

Congratulations from a fellow TT250 rider. Blue(I am partial to the blue) is the best color in my opinion. Mine has 300 miles on it and is still loosening up. It does get better and better with each ride.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:21 AM   #8

That is a beautiful blue, mine is white. She's enjoying her fourth summer now. Still has all the pieces and no rust on her. She's stored outside under a cover each winter.

2014 Honda CB500XA
2016 CSC TT250
1976 Honda CJ360T
2022 Honda Navi

Old 07-08-2019, 07:02 PM   #9

Very nice, I like the blue also!

2017 Bashan Storm
Keihen PZ30 Pumper Carb,115 main jet,35 pilot jet, gutted factory exhaust, Sambo Digital Speedometer,LED blinkers, H4 headlight,D.I.D X-ring chain 428,17/42 sprockets,UNI cone filter.

Old 07-08-2019, 10:09 PM   #10

Gorgeous bike, in my favorite color too.