Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2019, 12:03 PM   #1

Orion Power sport, damage and MCO

So I ordered my Bike on April 11th and today May 9th I have it titled and insured.

I would say to those who are considering buying from Orion they are very helpful before I ordered not so much when they had my $.

I told them it was a residential delivery but they didnt say (whilst I was actually talking to them) that I would have to phone the delivery company (which they didnt know who it was going to be). The bike arrived residential on the back of an 18 wheeler no way to get it.

The driver said oh 90% of the time I have a lift!

So they returned a week later with tail lift, I called and spoke to dispatch and was told no redelivery charge.

When I unpacked the bike there was some damage from the packaging not the shipping. This was duly reported to the driver and noted on the shipping form.

I opened the MCO and it was for a different bike.

Phoned Orion and they said to send them an email.

I listed the damage and the fact that the MCO was not mine.

Received a paid label to send the MCO to the correct owner and I assume he received the same. A few days later the correct MCO turned up but Orion had not signed over on the back so when I went to register I couldn't. Phoned Orion they said email so I did received an email back telling me to fill it in myself and here is our info. Not happy about that.

Oh yeah by the way what about the damage, oh you need to send a separate email (you sense a theme here). Now received an email back saying that I would have to send them the damaged items for them to inspect and they will decide if they are going to do anything. But as one of the parts is the headlight surround I cant send that as the bike would then be unusable.

On their site they say we are a proper company and we answer all calls. Which they do and then they tell you to email which they may or may nor respond to. They say that any damage noted at time of delivery will be investigated and resolved, but you have to be without the bike for however long.

They are a proper dealership but don't know how to fill out and send the correct MCO.

They offer FREE DELIVERY, but then charge a surcharge dependent on where you are so extra $79 to New England. They bury in the FAQs that you will need to speak to the delivery company (who they don't know who it will be at time of order) re residential delivery. Because of the re delivery and despite being told no charge received a bill for $140 yesterday for re delivery and tailgate services.

I am sure there are good and bad experiences with all suppliers of basically dirt cheap Chinese knock offs, but that was mine. When I get the wife one, might go elsewhere.
Toys include Audi B7, running Stage 2+, S4 Brakes. My VW Vanagon is running 2.5l VVT Subaru engine, 18" AMG wheels, Porsche 944 Steering Wheel, W eekender interior. 1989 VW Vanagon Bluestar one of 2500, 1986 Honda Shadow, 2000 Suzuki Intruder, 1988 Kawasaki Voyager XII, 1976 Mercury Capri II, a bunch of Trailers including a shortened Vanagon for camping, a Sequoia and the latest addition a 2019 Hawk 250. (But dont tell the wife! ) (Latest latest addition a 1995 fwd Subaru SVX)

Old 05-09-2019, 12:11 PM   #2

Thanks for the input and sorry to hear this about Orion. I know others have had good luck but as always, it seems that the after sales support and shipping damage are the main issues that are shared with many of these websites. Shame....

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-09-2019, 02:00 PM   #3

To the OP, I am sorry to hear about your experience....but, it also doesn't surprise me. I ordered a part through Orion and paid 50% more by ordering from them, than if I had went through a different dealer. I paid the extra for dealing with them because I figured they "local" and good Americans. Well, I get the part, and it's the wrong part. Mind you, I ordered the part AFTER I spoke to them on the phone and they confirmed that the part was in stock and would be shipped that day. Well, over a week later, they finally get around to shipping the part. I think the total time from order to delivery was 14 days! And, most of that time was just waiting for them to finally process the order. It was only in FedEx's possession for 3 days.

Anyway, I get the part (after 14 days) and immediately see it's the wrong part. I called them up and expressed my discontent. What was their response? The guy literally said, "Just deal with it". Really? I paid money for a part, and they send me the wrong part, and their response is for me to suck it up and deal with it. Why? Because they can. What am I going to do? There's nothing you can really do to these folks, and they know it.

We should all band together and become our own importer and dealership...by us, for us. This is BS dealing with any of these guys.

Old 05-09-2019, 02:44 PM   #4

Sorry to hear about your experience.

I have purchased 4 bikes from Orion. I have had no issues, except my first bike was missing the kick start. I called to advise them, and was told to send an email. I did, and had a replacement kick start with in a week.

My MCOs came with no dealer info as well, but was able to register in California with no issues. This might be a state by state issue, and could explain why they are not sure what is needed to be filled out to register the bike in your state. I'm sure if you get the dealer info you should be able to get the bike register the bike.

Was your local DMV able to proved what info is needed to get the bike titled and registered?

I did have a 20.00 surcharge added to all my orders due to being in California, and have had other dealers charge a California surcharge as well.

I am just baffled how some of us have such extremely different experiences with the same dealers. I'm Hope full you will get your damage parts, and delivery charge sorted out with Orion

Douglass

Old 05-09-2019, 03:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglass View Post
Sorry to hear about your experience.

I have purchased 4 bikes from Orion. I have had no issues, except my first bike was missing the kick start. I called to advise them, and was told to send an email. I did, and had a replacement kick start with in a week.

My MCOs came with no dealer info as well, but was able to register in California with no issues. This might be a state by state issue, and could explain why they are not sure what is needed to be filled out to register the bike in your state. I'm sure if you get the dealer info you should be able to get the bike register the bike.

Was your local DMV able to proved what info is needed to get the bike titled and registered?

I did have a 20.00 surcharge added to all my orders due to being in California, and have had other dealers charge a California surcharge as well.

I am just baffled how some of us have such extremely different experiences with the same dealers. I'm Hope full you will get your damage parts, and delivery charge sorted out with Orion

Douglass
That's bizarre. Vendors who sell bikes/quads/etc... in California have to register the bike for you. I'm surprised that you got the MCO and had to register it yourself.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 05-09-2019, 03:23 PM   #6

Quote:
That's bizarre. Vendors who sell bikes/quads/etc... in California have to register the bike for you. I'm surprised that you got the MCO and had to register it yourself.
Orion is located in Texas. When I bought my Apollo from Powersportsmax located in California, they did the registration for me. All the other bike I have purchased have been out of state from Orion, TXpowersports and ATV scoter store. I had to title/register all of them, and had no issues at all.

Old 05-09-2019, 04:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Orion is located in Texas. When I bought my Apollo from Powersportsmax located in California, they did the registration for me. All the other bike I have purchased have been out of state from Orion, TXpowersports and ATV scoter store. I had to title/register all of them, and had no issues at all.
That's GREAT to hear! I'm always paranoid about ordering from an out of state vendor. I like that Apollo Delux. Most site show it "CARB Approved- Red tag". Some show green sticker but I have yet to see one that specifies it as road legal.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 05-09-2019, 04:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
That's GREAT to hear! I'm always paranoid about ordering from an out of state vendor. I like that Apollo Delux. Most site show it "CARB Approved- Red tag". Some show green sticker but I have yet to see one that specifies it as road legal.
I am not sure if the delux would be street legal, but it does show DOT approved and CARB legal. If you can, work with a dealer who can access the emissions label on the frame. If you have a vin with the 8th digit as a "3" or "C" you are getting a red sticker. Maybe Ski-rush could post a couple pictures of the DOT/Emissions label.

Call the DMV, tell them what you are trying to do, and ask what is needed to register the bike as street legal and/or OHV.

I might even do it just to know.

If the bike is registered for street and OHV you will have two separate registration fees. I'm sure you not surprised by that.... Good old California...

Old 05-10-2019, 10:29 AM   #9

Quote:
If the bike is registered for street and OHV you will have two separate registration fees. I'm sure you not surprised by that.... Good old California...
Not surprised in the least! i work for them........ :-/

2009 Q Link XP 200