Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2019, 07:11 AM   #1

Killermotorsports

Hi I'm looking to get a tbr7 soon. Has anyone on here ordered anything from killermotorsports looking for a reputable distributor to order from

Old 04-25-2019, 07:30 AM   #2

I ordered from them over 4 years ago with no problems. I know they have changed ownership since then so can't say if things have changed. I haven't heard anything bad about them so could be a good thing.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Last edited by JerryHawk250; 04-25-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Old 04-25-2019, 09:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
I ordered from them over 4 years ago with no problems. I know they have changed ownership since then so can't say if things have changed. I haven't heard anything bad about them so could be a godo thing.
Have they been assimilated by Manny?

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-25-2019, 11:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Have they been assimilated by Manny?
Not sure if it was bought by "Manny" but they were taken over by Veloz Motorsports.

I bought both of my Hawks through Killermotorsport, and both experiences were good. I think my only real complaint would be their MCO and paperwork process. Many other dealers will send the bike with the paper work, or send the paperwork shortly after, but Killermotorsport requires a request form to be filed before they send it out, and it can take about 3 weeks for it to arrive.

Other than that, not one complaint. They even handled a shipping damage claim with my first bike without much drama or fuss.

Obviously, results may vary. There has been a couple of negative reviews of them, just like every other online retailer out there. It never hurts to take steps to ensure that you are protected.

Old 05-08-2019, 03:18 PM   #5

i ordered a coolster 125 atv from them may 1st. i emailed them yesterday may 7 for a status update on the order. they responded a few hours later asking for my order number and name. i provided that information and havent heard anything since then. i googled their reviews and noticed the bad ones, amd the 1.8/5 star average. i kind of panicked and emailed kms back and said i need a shipping confirmation asap or i will file a dispute with the CC company. that was an hour ago, i'll update when i hear something.

update 1: kms finally responded to my email and said my item has shipped. they provided a non working tracking number for ups. i requested them to provide a working tracking number. i will update when i hear anything.

update 2: kms called me, i guess the threat to file a dispute was enough to get some action going on this. Addy was the voice on the other end of the line. She told me that the package had shipped monday (two days ago) and that the tracking number should be active soon (whatever that means). She offered to call the carrier to get an accurate time frame but I told her I would just call back tomorrow if the tracking number wasn't working still. will update again tomorrow.

Update 3: tracking number works. Scheduled for delivery Monday May 13. Ordered the 1st.

Update 4: tracking still says Monday may 13th by the end of the day. Ups still hasn't called. So almost two weeks since I ordered, still no atv. Hopefully today or tomorrow.

Update 5: called ups and was able to pick it up at the terminal. Package was on a heavy pallet and in great shape. Disassembly was straight forward as was assembly. Ran into a problem on the right front wheel hub. It appears the hub was cut a fraction of an inch small on the stud spacing, as a result the wheel wouldn't fit on the studs/hub. Upon closer inspection it appeared that the wheel had been installed before (the paint was missing where the nuts seat), and one of the studs was missing threads down 1/3rd it's length. I immediately emailed kms with pictures to file a claim. While I waited, I took the hub off the atv and knocked the studs out. The auto parts store said that geo metro studs are the same except about 1/4 inch shorter. What do you know, they worked like a champ. I decided to buzz down the wheel a few thousandths on each hole with a rotary tool and that worked as well. Everything else on the atv appears in good/new condition. Hopefully no surprises upon startup and break in but I don't expect any more problems. Just a reminder if you buy one of these Chinese things you should be handy and ready to break out the tools.

Final update: Put fresh gas in and cranked it. She ran for a good minute before I shut it down and changed the shipping oil. Good thing I checked because there was a paper sticker on the drain plug. Started up with Mobil 1 ATV oil and ran awesome for about an hour of break in time. very happy with the power and the overall quality. I'd say that I got a good deal on a brand new quad, especially considering the japanese competition and the prices. I would happily do business with KMS again, just know in advance that communication is spotty and you may have to do some work on your product after it arrives. If that doesn't scare you then order away.

Last edited by r1dermon; 05-15-2019 at 07:05 PM.