Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2019, 10:01 PM   #1

BD125-15 BOOM VADER NO FUEL Question!!

Good evening & greetings from damp Central Connecicut Fellow China Riders!!!

To get to the point--My problem is I am not getting any fuel to my carb and on further inspection no fuel is in the fuel filter either!! What could cause this? I have a Gen 1 Boom Vader built 09/2018. As always replies are much appreciated!!

Thanks everyone whos reading this!!!

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me

Last edited by sirmaxwell; 04-20-2019 at 10:37 PM.

Old 04-20-2019, 10:25 PM   #2

On my Hellcat the fuel line makes a sharp 180 from the tank outlet to the carb and in my case it was pulled too tight and restricted flow.

Old 04-20-2019, 10:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flhellcat View Post
On my Hellcat the fuel line makes a sharp 180 from the tank outlet to the carb and in my case it was pulled too tight and restricted flow.
I will take a look for pinches. I didnt see any pinches in the fuel line between just above the fuel filter and carb BUT I DIDN'T/WASN't able to easily see most of the fuel line that goes directly from the gas tank to the fuel filter--SO thanks for the idea and I will check that first next time I look at it.

I do have a pinch in a large line that goes to my airbox at one end and I have no idea where at the other end

Old 04-20-2019, 10:40 PM   #4

Is your fuel cock turned on ?

Old 04-20-2019, 11:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post

yes I have tried the fuel shut off switch/petcock in the position that was working ever since I got the bike and then tried both and even inbetween positions but nothing worked.
It is possible the petcock is broken inside and stuck shut==Although the fuel filter is above the petcock towards the fuel tank and the fuel filter is bone dry too--so I dont know I mean I guess if there is a blockage anywhere in the fuel system from the tank to the carb bowl it COULD cause fuel to not flow from the tank at all but IM NOT SURE if the fuel would flow from the tank to wherever the blockage is or would the blockage keep the fuel stuck all the way in the tank and not let any fuel into any of the lones no matter how far away from the tank the blockage is

Old 04-21-2019, 01:34 AM   #6

Check tank vent hose
Protaper se x110 bars/grips
1/4 MotionPro throttle
Kepspeed Braced swingarm
Chimera rear hub assy
Grom Intergrated tail light
Superlite Sprockets 17/32
custom made from Japan
Chimera Swing Arm Bolt
RK MXZ Chain #420
All Balls wheel bearings
Motodynamic fender eliminator
Coremoto ss brake lines
Composimo 2.5 lower link
Grom Calipers-w/ebc pads/rotors
Michelin tire 140&120
13x4/13x7 fatties
Grom forks

Old 04-21-2019, 02:29 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
Check tank vent hose
I have no idea where that is, kinda hard to find things without taking fairings off. I did take off the gas cap to try and release any possible "vapor lock", not sure if that would fix any possible vent hose mishaps, but i will definitley look for that vent hose thanks.

I've also been wondering what the heck this thing is in the attached picture. It looks like a nipple where a hose would attach coming off the air box but it is just capped off with a sealed bit of plastic and hose clamp. It seems like maybe I should take off the plastic and attach a hose to it..? But I am totally clueless about what it is as of now. As always any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Name:  IMG_0192[1].jpg
Views: 1854
Size:  86.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0196[1].jpg
Views: 2086
Size:  86.7 KB

Old 04-21-2019, 07:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Check tank vent hose

I also noticed this morning that I have a line about the size of a fuel line just sticking out to open air towards the top of the triple tree--if Im on the bike its in front of me just poking our and I never noticed that one before. Maybe thats my tank vent? I had the bike outside and was going to start pulling it apart when it started raining.again.

I saw the fuel filter filled halfway with gas today when I opened the gas petcock shutoff and at first I was happy because I could hear gas flowing but then it stopped...SO I took off the gas line from where it goes into the petcock/carb and I was expecting the fuel from the filter that I could clearly see to fall out but it didnt--SO it must have some kind of vacuum shut off as well that only allows gas from the tank when the intake is sucking in air. AS a stupid experiment I tried blowing into the gas line towards the filter which fouled the vacuum hold on the fuel and caused a few ounces or however mych to splash out, some on my face the first time!! :( but it would only let out a quick little bit of gas perhaps replacing the volume of air I was blowing in I dunno.

SO I am guessing I have some kind of fuel vaccum pump thing or whatever you call it that has gone bad--BIG surprise as those and emissions systems are notorious for having leaks and failing on these bikes.
Anyone know how I can fix this based on my description? And Anyone know or have links to a video on how to eliminate the vacuum fuel induction?

Thanks as always any answers and help is much appreciated!

Old 04-21-2019, 07:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
the cock at the carb is turned on but I am now suspecting this bike has a vacuum cock as well--I see an air line about the diameter of a gas line going to the air intake boot that is between the carb and engine and I bet the other end of that line would have to go to either a vacuum cock that sits between the tank and the carb or it would have to go to the carb itself...but i am guessing it must be a vacuum cock that I have no idea where it is--yet--that I will have to find that is probably faulty. The vacuum cocks are a good idea because it makes it so you only get gas when bike is running and they can even add a little fuel pressure but they are faulty as heck at least the stock ones on china bikes are notoriously bad even when new and I have always had to take them off of scooters.

Old 04-21-2019, 08:09 AM   #10

Gas should come out whether bike is running or not its gravity fed. If you took the gas cap off and gas didn't flow into the filter then its not the tank vent, somewhere the gas line has to be crimped. Are you sure there's gas in the tank?
1/4 MotionPro throttle
Kepspeed Braced swingarm
Chimera rear hub assy
custom made from Japan
Chimera Swing Arm Bolt
RK MXZ Chain #420
All Balls wheel bearings
Coremoto ss brake lines
Composimo 2.5 lower link
Grom Calipers-w/ebc pads/rotors
Michelin tire 140&120
13x4/13x7 fatties
Grom forks

Old 04-21-2019, 09:41 AM   #11

I suspect what you will find is a crimped / pinched gas line ,thats real common with these bikes, stuff poorly routed . As a sidenote to that , the stock black "rubber" fuel lines in particlar quickly start to degrade due to US gas having a lot of ethanol in it, which is BAD for chinese fuel lines. it's possible the fuel line has already started to "flake" on the inside and is making a partially crimped fuel line condition worse, you need to get some 3/16" silicone fuel line from AutoZone or any parts store and replace that stock fuel line asap .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 04-21-2019, 01:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Gas should come out whether bike is running or not its gravity fed. If you took the gas cap off and gas didn't flow into the filter then its not the tank vent, somewhere the gas line has to be crimped. Are you sure there's gas in the tank?

yes there is definitley a half tank or slightly more in it. If there is one of those vacuum petcocks found on scooters and some other bikes then the gas wouldnt flow without the engine turning over. Similarly if the line is crimped it would cause the same effect of not letting the gas thats right there go any further. I have no idea if there is a vacuum petcock or not for sure although I am kind of thinking maybe there is one since there is an air line going to the intake boot coming off the engine--this line would wither go to the carb or a vacuum petcock or i guess possibly even it could go to a vacuum emissions system also . i will check where that line goes hopefully in the next few hrs

I will definitley check for a crimped line. Unfortunately it is soo hard to see under the fairings that I feel like I might need to take them off if I cant get it figured out easily--I really hope it is just a crimped line that I can remedy without taking the fairing off but we shall see.

Also as a note if I take the gas line connection off the carb and blow into the line towards the fuel filter then some gas will come out--probably equal to or similar to the volume of air I put into it--but then the gas stops flowing again. Not sure if that means anything? or not sure even why I tried that since it got gas on me! lol

Old 04-21-2019, 01:42 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
I suspect what you will find is a crimped / pinched gas line ,thats real common with these bikes, stuff poorly routed . As a sidenote to that , the stock black "rubber" fuel lines in particlar quickly start to degrade due to US gas having a lot of ethanol in it, which is BAD for chinese fuel lines. it's possible the fuel line has already started to "flake" on the inside and is making a partially crimped fuel line condition worse, you need to get some 3/16" silicone fuel line from AutoZone or any parts store and replace that stock fuel line asap .
I will check for a crimped line soon and try to get to autozone in the next couple days to replace the lines. I tried to get Ethanol free gas--I went to a Shell station and it said nothing about having Ethanol in the gas at the pumps. I asked the attendant but he had not idea whether or not it has ethanol in it. These gas lines look way better on the outside than previous bad gas lines I have had in the past--but I guess you never know what they look like inside!

Also as a note if I take the gas line connection off the carb and blow into the line towards the fuel filter then some gas will come out--probably equal to or similar to the volume of air I put into it--but then the gas stops flowing again. Not sure if that means anything? or not sure even why I tried that since it got gas on me! lol

Old 04-21-2019, 02:07 PM   #14

Shell v power is ethanol free in my area

Old 04-21-2019, 03:23 PM   #15

I would take the plastic off and start where the line comes out from the tank, it's got to be something simple since there isn't much there to look at, the line into a shut off valve then to filter then into carb. That's it.
1/4 MotionPro throttle
Kepspeed Braced swingarm
Chimera rear hub assy
custom made from Japan
Chimera Swing Arm Bolt
RK MXZ Chain #420
All Balls wheel bearings
Coremoto ss brake lines