Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2019, 03:53 PM   #1

Bashan Enforcer

Hi All, New guy here. Has anyone actually registered an Enforcer in NY with the supplied documents from Don with out issues. I spoke to him and he gave me a long winded response but no documentation from the manufacturer that says it is 49 State legal. NYS would not say yes or no although he said they would say yes. Just love sales guys. Followed a post on this from last year but never found the answer. Also 36 inch seat height, ouch

Old 04-08-2019, 03:56 PM   #2

Welcome aboard! I don't see you having any issues getting your bike registered. Quiet a few Hawk's have been registered in NY and they are technically not street legal.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-08-2019, 04:07 PM   #3

The MCO of the Enforcer will say "Motorcycle". You will not have a problem registering it.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:57 AM   #4

Thanks for the reply. I guess no one here has actually registered one. Should have no problem is really not the answer. I called NY DMV and they could not give me an answer if I could register it for the street. They said buy from a local dealer that says it is legal and if I can’t register it I have recourse! I supplied a vin that Don gave me and all the other info. Anyone in NY knows how they are. I don’t want to buy one and DMV says no and have to go all over the state to find someone to do it by mistake. Then I have a 400 lb paper weight. New Yorkers know where I am coming from lol. I want to be able to ride it on the street. Don was not happy with the DMV reply. I don’t understand why the dealer can’t supply documentation that says it is NHSTA certified and meets the federal safety standards. How many dealers sell bikes and say that are street legal and in reality they are not. Just because the DMV makes a mistake and gives you a registration doesn’t make it right for the rest of us consumers. I am sure many of us feel the same way. I shouldn’t have to buy a bike first and worry about it later. Again thanks for the replies.

Old 04-11-2019, 08:03 AM   #5

Sounds like these bikes are not for you .

Old 04-11-2019, 08:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
Thanks for the reply. I guess no one here has actually registered one. Should have no problem is really not the answer. I called NY DMV and they could not give me an answer if I could register it for the street. They said buy from a local dealer that says it is legal and if I can’t register it I have recourse! I supplied a vin that Don gave me and all the other info. Anyone in NY knows how they are. I don’t want to buy one and DMV says no and have to go all over the state to find someone to do it by mistake. Then I have a 400 lb paper weight. New Yorkers know where I am coming from lol. I want to be able to ride it on the street. Don was not happy with the DMV reply. I don’t understand why the dealer can’t supply documentation that says it is NHSTA certified and meets the federal safety standards. How many dealers sell bikes and say that are street legal and in reality they are not. Just because the DMV makes a mistake and gives you a registration doesn’t make it right for the rest of us consumers. I am sure many of us feel the same way. I shouldn’t have to buy a bike first and worry about it later. Again thanks for the replies.
The Enforcer will have the NHSTA certified tag on the bike. The Hawk does not.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-11-2019, 09:16 AM   #7

Lol. I have to buy bike first to see tag. You own one? You do not get my point. It’s not like buying a Honda give the guy $50 for paperwork and ride away with plates. The dealer is not providing the buyer with anything but his word saying yea the dmv will register it for the street. Like I said if not from NY you won’t get it. I am really railing about dealer sellers not you saying yea I can register it it has a tag on it.My original question was HAS ANYONE REGISTERED ONE NY. The answer would be no at this point. I understand what you are saying and I am not trying to get in a p#@&$=* match with you over what you are saying. If DMV doesn’t have it listed they don’t know what it is it’s not in their registry as legal guess what. No street plates. Again thanks for your thoughts. Bike may be for me eventually.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:08 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
Lol. I have to buy bike first to see tag. You own one? You do not get my point. It’s not like buying a Honda give the guy $50 for paperwork and ride away with plates. The dealer is not providing the buyer with anything but his word saying yea the dmv will register it for the street. Like I said if not from NY you won’t get it. I am really railing about dealer sellers not you saying yea I can register it it has a tag on it.My original question was HAS ANYONE REGISTERED ONE NY. The answer would be no at this point. I understand what you are saying and I am not trying to get in a p#@&$=* match with you over what you are saying. If DMV doesn’t have it listed they don’t know what it is it’s not in their registry as legal guess what. No street plates. Again thanks for your thoughts. Bike may be for me eventually.
OP, and I mean this with respect...relax. People here are trying to help you, and you seem to be responding online pretty negatively. You won't find a more helpful bunch, but don't bite the hand that feeds you. You won't get people helping you if you keep lashing out at people.

First, I am actually from NYS. The dmv there can be a pain, but so is every dmv. I doubt you'll find a dmv anywhere in the US that doesn't have the same type of employee. They tend to be fickle and by the book. They are doing their job because there are many folks who go in there and lie, cheat, and steal. So, those people who do that, make it bad for the rest of us normal people trying to do normal things. I also used to be a drug counselor (when I lived in NY) and I had folks lie to my face daily. I can appreciate what the dmv folks likely deal with.

Second, you will not have an issue registering that bike. I've owned one. No, I didn't own one in New York, but it does come with all the paperwork and stamps necessary. Take a look at the videos from this guy [ .

He registered an Apollo DB36 DIRTBIKE as a road legal motorcycle. That bike doesn't have any of the stamps and certifications that the Enforcer does and he registered it in NY just fine. I recommend that you email him and ask him about it.

Third, I've owned and registered two china bikes now in my state, Nebraska. No, it's not NY, but it's the same fickle dmv folk. Both bikes were not in their system. They had to create a brand new entry into their system when I registered my bikes. I thought that was pretty neat. It showed that I was the first one, paving the way for others. And, it showed that it wasn't a big deal. It just took a few minutes. Being from NY and having registered vehicles there before, I suspect that you will need to wait longer in line than I did, but I'm sure it can be done.

Last, I doubt you'd have a paperweight for too long. Let's say, by chance, that you couldn't register the bike (which I doubt will happen), I am confident you'll sell the bike very quickly. I sold my Enforcer in about a week for exactly what I paid for it with shipping. And, that's in rural Nebraska. You have more people to work with in NY, so I'm confident someone will buy it off you.

best,
Ski

Old 04-11-2019, 10:19 AM   #9

Your best bet of getting it tagged and registered is to avoid the DMV all together and go to one of the local notary/tag places. For the little extra fee they charge its all worth it. 1st there will be little to no lines and 2nd they will take the time to make sure you get it tagged and registered otherwise they make no money. I use my local notary/tag all the time, even for driver license. Usually in and out in about 15-20 minutes.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-11-2019, 10:50 AM   #10

Thanks. I am not biting anyone’s hand. I know it has a tag. Ny dmv will not confirm it is street legal. 2 things happen. I buy bike go to dmv walk out with plates or dmv says n.g. Not in system. I drive 4 hrs to Albany for state to tell me it has a tag. Drive 4 hrs back and go to dmv. Lol. I am glad you were from NY. You are lucky you escaped. Thanks. I am not looking for fact that yea you can register it I was just looking for people that hav in NY. I gave probably registered 80 vehicles in my years. Trust me I know. They couldn’t figure out to renew my license because I had a 3 wheel motorcycle license . Like I said thanks for replies. But no one has answered my original question because they don’t exist on this site yet. That’s fine. Take care. Be safe

Old 04-11-2019, 11:40 AM   #11

Contact member Dbodotcom. He has an Enforcer in NYS. He never posted that he got it registered but I'm sure if he did have issues he would of posted.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-11-2019, 12:05 PM   #12

Ok thanks. I had followed that post and he ended it without that final bit of info. I appreciate everyone’s knowledge about your bikes and experiences. I hope you understand where I am coming from with my original post. It all started with the seller telling me what to do regarding nys dmv and his expected out come did not materialize. Round and round I go.

Old 04-11-2019, 12:58 PM   #13

Head Scratching

There is a database somewhere on the EPA/DOT website that consumers can put in a VIN and it will confirm the bike is EPA/DOT legal. I think you, and the NYS DMV, are stuck in a catch-22 of sorts since you need a VIN to put in the database. If I recall, several years ago, that is what the state of NJ used to do--go to that site and plop in a VIN, or they had their own list of certified bikes. I know you are NY, not NJ, but my guess is the Enforcer will be in NY's database. The problem is the bike is not called the Enforcer--Don made that name up when his ASPCUSA website was selling them. Have someone here on Chinariders give you the exact name of what Bashan is called, as well as what the 'Enforcer' is called. NY might actually have it in their system like NJ used to do (maybe they still do), or can run it properly. The Chinese corporate names are a little convoluted meaning Bashan is something like Chongqing Astronautical Vehicle...… something and the Enforcer is the DB-41-H. Ok, there is also an Excel sheet that lists all the EPA/DOT certified motorcycles that I just opened up--here is what they have listed for Bashan: Chongqing Astronautic Bashan Motorcycle Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (is the OEM name); Bashan Motorcycle USA Inc. (is listed as the Manufacturer name); this is the list of certified model names Bashan has certified that use the 167FMM engine: BMS 250 CRP, BROZZ 250, BSR 250, CR250, MOTOMAX 250, Razer 250, SHARK 250, STORM 250 (the 'Enforcer' is the BSR 250); and this is what is listed under 'EDV VIN' which I am assuming is a sample VIN that NY could possibly run: LHJPCNBF6CB000002.

I can't see why Don wouldn't give you a photo of the mfg. plate?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-12-2019, 08:15 AM   #14

I gave dmv the vin Don gave me. They said it cam up as a Bashan but the could not tell me it was ok for the street. Don should be able to provide that epa certification list, letter or what ever. I understand it is certified with the tag on the neck but the clerk behind the desk doesn’t know that. I don’t think it is unreasonable that after the dmv won’t say yea no problem to do more homework on the issue. When I have more time I will spend some more time on the phone with DMV in Albany. I can’t bring the bike to the window and even then that might not be good enough. Lol. All this stuff is just a key stroke away by the clerk as many of you have seen registering non legal dirt bikes for the street. I was giving my son my Jeep and they made me go back and have him resign a form because the didn’t like the signature! My car my kid. Fraud I guess. That’s the way they are here. As soon as I can verify 100% it will be on the way Thanks You are all very helpful

Old 04-12-2019, 08:25 AM   #15

Take a picture of that plate to bring with you when you do go to the DMV. At least know you know what they will be looking for. The bike is listed EPA/DOT approved. If you want to provide them more proof you can download and print the list and provide them that information too. https://www.epa.gov/sites/production...6-present.xlsx

BTW your bike will be listed as the BSR250. Enforcer is the name the Dealers have given it.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel