Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2008, 08:27 PM   #1

300 4x4 Auto CVT Help

I have a 300 4x4 with automatic cvt. When the bike is under load and not moving the belt slips. It doesn't take much to do this. It is new and I have heard of ways to tighten the slippage. Anyone help on this one?

Link for pics
http://seakia.en.alibaba.com/offerde..._with_EEC.html

Old 02-26-2008, 10:58 PM   #2

no body is willing to chance a post huh!!

Ok here goes, to start with go to rightwayatv.com and check there downloads. they have scooter manuel and other downloads that will give you some clues as to what is going on. Adjusting the belts is not tough but the specs are some times a problem because finding any literature on anythng chinese is next to impossible. I really like my 300 4x4 water cooled atv, but if i didn't have any previous experiance with wrenching, it could seem like a nightmare. I have not been able to get the factory to respond to my tec. emails so you are pretty much on your own. Depending on your bike, you have a couple of conical speed controled pulley clutches. Huh? What the heck is that? Basicly a pulley that 1/2 gets tighter on the other half when the speed increases! Some machines have one on the gearbox some have one on the engine and some have one on both the engine and gear box. First check for some dirt or small stones that keep the halfs from sliping. if its clean and the belt seems real loose then tighten it up. NOT to tight it is not a FAN BELT. I would try moving your gear box 1/8'' to 1/4'' at a time, and then testing it to see if it doing what you want. Your owners manuel should give you an exact distance for the gear box and engine to be adjusted (seperated) to. hope this helps.

roy

Old 02-27-2008, 05:51 AM   #3

I am a wrencher so I am not worried. I will check that site out. This is a brand new bike and runs fine but got stuck and the belt started smoking under load. Thanks for your help!

Old 02-28-2008, 08:41 PM   #4

It probably has a flat spot on it now. You'll just have bad/unreliable performance if you try and run it. Swap it out.
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)