Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2018, 03:20 PM   #1

2019 Pitster Pro XTR 250 T4 (21/18)

Don't get all excited yet... lol
The bike is kind of here, here in CT anyway....Got an e-mail form Old Dominion that the bike arrived at their South Windsor, CT facility, I was all set to go pick it up with my truck this afternoon...But damn!! they are closed on weekends I'll schedule a delivery or go get it early next week.

I thought I'd get a thread started on the bike since its so close. I can have a quick place to post pics and any one interested can get my scoop on the XTR 250.
Stay tuned

Old 12-15-2018, 07:05 PM   #2

so close! look forward to seeing what it looks like and your thoughts

Old 12-15-2018, 07:31 PM   #3

Keep us posted!

Old 12-15-2018, 09:00 PM   #4

This is the PitsterPro not the GPX FSE250E?

Thought the XTR ran out. the GPX if specs online are correct will the the most powerfull CB250 motor made in it 15Kw of power.

The XTR if the 69mm piston version isn't a slow motor either

Old 12-15-2018, 10:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post

Thought the XTR ran out. the GPX if specs online are correct will the the most powerfull CB250 motor made in it 15Kw of power.

Pitster Pro still sells the XTR T4 250 line of bikes. The GPX FSE250E uses a 71mm bore air cooled engine and longer travel suspension. The XTR uses the previous 65.5mm bore OHC engine, aka CB250 223cc engine.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 12-16-2018, 02:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Pitster Pro still sells the XTR T4 250 line of bikes. The GPX FSE250E uses a 71mm bore air cooled engine and longer travel suspension. The XTR uses the previous 65.5mm bore OHC engine, aka CB250 223cc engine.
Gothya but on that note there is an error in info as they show the engine to be the 69mm (232.6cc) piston when you look at the Zongshen diagram where you say it is 65.5mm (223cc, I am not saying you are wrong) just something doesn't add up.

I often wondered if there was a mix up of info as I once saw locally a PP 223cc motor for sale but thought it was odd being the 223cc and the PP website showing the 232.6cc engine, that is the AJP PR3&4 240 engine. I had this in a Hawk/Brazilian off road newer style bike and has better power for sure.

https://gpxmoto.com/index.php?route=...&product_id=77

I hope and wonder if the GPX is infact the GREAT power air cooled 249.9cc which is 71.50mm going by info I saw in China - YES this is the 15Kw and 18Nm engine that slips right into the CG or CB places if I am not mistaken.

It also has rubber mounts much like you find in the Hawk hub or some swing arms etc - I haven't ridden a bike with this motor but I suspect it will blow your socks off if you are familiar with the air cooled motors.

That motor then should in theory fit AJP GPX PP Hawk Magician and anything non balance shaft Chinese Air cooled engine bikes.

Anyway the info somewhere seems to be not totally correct but I do not know what or which is right or wrong.

Old 12-16-2018, 05:19 AM   #7

Quote:

Correct, I purchased a 2019 T4 XTR 250 LC with 21/18" rims and the air cooled, 223cc engine.

Here's a few specs from Pitster's site:
Engine: 65.5mm x 66.2mm, Four stroke 223cc SOHC Air Cooled
Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
Suspension travel: 10.5" Front/ 10.25" Rear

Old 12-16-2018, 08:04 AM   #8

Quote:
Gothya but on that note there is an error in info as they show the engine to be the 69mm (232.6cc) piston when you look at the Zongshen diagram where you say it is 65.5mm (223cc, I am not saying you are wrong) just something doesn't add up.
One thing you have to keep in mind with bikes shipped into the U.S. is that our emissions regulations can cause the bike to be specified differently to how it may be where you are. In China his bike might well come with the engine you are talking about, but here that engine may not have passed or even been tested for emissions.

Since those tests are very involved and can get quite expensive, it isn't unusual for many of these companies to simply have an engine that has already met and passed said testing. This reduces the cost greatly and simplifies the importing process as a whole.

That is how you end up with a bike like the XTR T4 250. It has much better hardware than the typical cheap dirt bikes, but with the same kind of engine, which to be honest isn't really a bad engine, just not quite the most powerful. The GPX line of bikes is a lot more expensive entirely because of said engines and their subsequent testing. Hardware wise, they aren't a whole lot more involved than the Pister bikes.

Old 12-16-2018, 11:25 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
One thing you have to keep in mind with bikes shipped into the U.S. is that our emissions regulations can cause the bike to be specified differently to how it may be where you are. In China his bike might well come with the engine you are talking about, but here that engine may not have passed or even been tested for emissions.

Since those tests are very involved and can get quite expensive, it isn't unusual for many of these companies to simply have an engine that has already met and passed said testing. This reduces the cost greatly and simplifies the importing process as a whole.

That is how you end up with a bike like the XTR T4 250. It has much better hardware than the typical cheap dirt bikes, but with the same kind of engine, which to be honest isn't really a bad engine, just not quite the most powerful. The GPX line of bikes is a lot more expensive entirely because of said engines and their subsequent testing. Hardware wise, they aren't a whole lot more involved than the Pister bikes.
Sorry you missed my point/ I didn't write my point clearly - I was comparing all specs to what you said and the old PitersterPro & GPX website.

223cc is the 65.5mm Piston, you will see the GPX motor listed (was the same when it was PitsterPro) as being the 69mm piston and 232.6cc(233cc).
Then the new GPX is the one with 71.5mm piston and rubber mounts should the details be correct.
So GPX shows 3 different engines? or are there only 2? this is the confusion.

Following pic from the GPX website and it was the same as PitsterPro but that is now changed
Name:  GPX1.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  87.3 KB

I was comparing the engines for GPX/PitsterPro and not bikes in China which may or may not have the same engines - you are bang on as in China nothing much has a CG engine (few farmer bikes 150cc the real cheap sports bikes if you can still find them CG200) Almost all dirt bikes run a CB250 from several engine makers mostly Zongshen or Loncin. The orphans have a CB150 motor.

Sorry I didn't make my info clear but it all related to what I have either seen on the old PP website, current GPX website and a 223cc PitsterPro engine offered from a wholesaler in Chongqing which was less then $200 which was a super sharp price even for here.

Old 12-16-2018, 11:38 AM   #10

Another way to see my point is download the parts manual for that engine, I think that might be flawed as well, yes the basic 223cc motor has a gearbox set up like CB125-200 and you will see a mix of CB125D and CG200 stuff as they seem to interchange.
Yet look at the factory spec sheet being 232.6cc and that is 100% like the AJP PR3/4 240 motors. Then look at the AJP 125 & 200 motor diagram and you will see the gearbox gear look like what is in the manual for the XTR/GPX motor which isn't like the 240AJP

Am I confusing you lads yet? I am nearly confused how the hell I should write it - BUT I understand it ion my head lol.

The 223cc Motor you got I am pretty sure is what is in my own CQR250 - fine motor no stress there, just the 232.6cc is a notch more powerful and the new 71.5 is another animal again with I think Nikasil coated cylinder or at least a much better more powerful motor and the highest spec power in the air cooled class.

I genuinely think GPX has incorrect info on there site on their crate engine and comparing it to the diagram I know the 2 do not match - not to say they don't supply the correct parts for their engine.

I believe this is the XTR engine - note the spec sheet details:

http://www.zse.cc/productsdetail.asp...=368&CateID=43

Name:  XTR.jpg
Views: 1162
Size:  89.3 KB

Old 12-16-2018, 02:58 PM   #11

Well NzBrakelathes ... Luckily I don't care what engine mine comes with. Its not going to matter, as long as it is; tractable, quiet and reliable.
I'm not racing and this bike will likely never see an interstate. All its for is pleasure riding on the tight, twisty trails within an hour or two of me and short a 2 mile commutes to work. If I take it anywhere farther I'll likely truck it there.
Basically, I don't get into the technical minutiae, as long as I'm having fun riding it, the bike is doing what it is intended to and not breaking down... I'm good

Last edited by PaiN; 12-16-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Old 12-16-2018, 06:19 PM   #12

@PaiN- Lol i hear ya man, some people can over think fun until there isn't any left lmao.
If it puts a smile on my face when i ride it and don't leave me anywhere half the time, then the specs be damned.

Please DO post pix when you get it ready, very interested in seeing what it looks like !
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 12-16-2018, 07:23 PM   #13

Crying

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
@PaiN- Lol i hear ya man, some people can over think fun until there isn't any left lmao.
If it puts a smile on my face when i ride it and don't leave me anywhere half the time, then the specs be damned.

Please DO post pix when you get it ready, very interested in seeing what it looks like !
I was already promised pics and video. I can't wait to see it.

Old 12-16-2018, 08:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiN View Post
Well NzBrakelathes ... Luckily I don't care what engine mine comes with. Its not going to matter, as long as it is; tractable, quiet and reliable.
I'm not racing and this bike will likely never see an interstate. All its for is pleasure riding on the tight, twisty trails within an hour or two of me and short a 2 mile commutes to work. If I take it anywhere farther I'll likely truck it there.
Basically, I don't get into the technical minutiae, as long as I'm having fun riding it, the bike is doing what it is intended to and not breaking down... I'm good
That's the spirit mate!
Just I support supply and sometimes advise people where you can get stuff and if info is wrong - puts people wrong.
I wasn't nore trying to be a prick but we often use online manuals or compatible stuff from other sources and if the source/dealer is showing wrong info.... is a pain in the butt!
Your bike is like what we get here and decent so enjoy it! loads of wee upgrades if you are into that sorta thing

Old 12-16-2018, 08:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiN View Post
Sorry that I took over the thread
I apologize.
You got your self a good bike don't worry about that, my mind strayed away from your threads intent and I went on a path trying to work out what actual motor or what details were correct.