Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2008, 04:47 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to DirtyGirl88
Finally!!! Up and Running!

Well here's the latest (running) addition to my motorized family.

I honestly thought it just wasn't meant to be for me to have this little thing running.

:P

About Darn time I'd say!!!

DirtyGirl88

Old 02-13-2008, 05:03 PM   #2

was there a problem?

Old 02-13-2008, 05:03 PM   #3

Congrats, It looks nice..How does it run?

Old 02-13-2008, 08:43 PM   #4

Thats a nice looking quad!

Old 02-13-2008, 09:36 PM   #5

Runs Well

It runs great!

Gonna take a bit to get used to the shifting pattern though and the thumb throttle lever has GOT TO GO!!!

All the bikes I have ever been on were 1 down 3 up or vice versa. This thing is all down. Just something to get used to. No biggie.

I wouldn't have it running yet if it wasn't for the fiance letting me borrow the carb off of one of his bikes though. Gotta order a decent carb for it so I can return the one thats on it.

Thanks!

DirtyGirl88 :twisted:

Old 02-14-2008, 12:01 AM   #6

It is a nice looking quad.

Looks like it could use some taller tires in the back unless your just going to be racing it .
Just looks like it needs a bit more ground clearance in back but it might sit kind of funny then.

It has that old honda style horizontal engine setup that should mean you could hop it up a bit to get it to really scoot along.I think they got them up to about 138-140cc's now.

maybe it's just me but it looks like the front right tire is installed backwards on the rim.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:59 AM   #7

Team

The right front tire is mounted backwards. What do ya expect from Chinese labor.

I was just happy to get it running. Will have to turn that tire around soon though.

DirtyGirl88

Old 02-18-2008, 12:19 PM   #8

They didnt put it on backwards they just grabbed two of the same off the pile because they were in a hurry to get YOU out on the trails having fun.

I have to swap some front tires around for my Frankenatv (250x-to-300ex) since they changed the hub size and hopefully my bead breaker will work on them

Old 02-18-2008, 03:03 PM   #9

Getting ME on the trail

Well considering the bike was made in June of 07, and I presume crated then, I don't think they were in a hurry to get ME on the trail.

And if they were in a hurry to get me on the trail, their rush actually cost me a months riding time due to the carb being messed up and not having 1 bolt on the suspension.

Heck if it wasn't for Kelly lending me a carb I still wouldn't be riding. They have yet to send me the correct carb. Guess I shoulda changed the tire around while I had a month waiting time. Honestly I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out and I took a good look at it this past weekend.

DirtyGirl88

Old 02-18-2008, 03:12 PM   #10

Get Kelly to fab up a rear skid. It kinda looks bare under the sprocket and disk.
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 02-18-2008, 03:24 PM   #11

Skid Plate

What you don't think I can fab up a skid plate?

Fortunate for me, I was my fathers son. So I got all the advantages of his many years of professional mechanics knowledge.

He wouldn't even let me drive a car until I could fix it myself. My 9th Birthday present was a seized Chevy 350 and all the tools, parts and manuals to fix it myself. Once it was done the motor went into his/my truck. Hummm thinking back it wasn't much of a present was it?? That's OK the truck was more or less mine until I took over his El Camino and then bought my first Camaro.

So moral of that story is this... I can fab my own skid plate.

Kelly doesn't have to do any mechanicing for me, just carpentry stuff :P

DirtyGirl88

Old 02-18-2008, 03:48 PM   #12

What I really meant was that most guys like to tinker in the shop and upgrade the ride....not fixing but making better. As I read through other posts...Kelly just seems to be more exited about wrenching...not saying you can't. ....

I did not mean to dismiss any of your mech. skills.
I have worked side by side in High steel construction and welding with women.
I had a woman forman once.
My wife helps with our house renovations...not just painting. She can feed the cows, ride a horse, run the tractors and give me a sweeeeet kiss too.
I don't care who the frig you are if you can do your job without slack or whining.

As one mech to another then. :idea:
....The fixing should have been done while waiting for parts.! Sprockets on quads like rocks! That would be number one fix. #2Flip that tire around cause it will handle like crap and kill you if you cant steer, and #3give that carb back to kelly.
#4Find a good carb on ebay and write off those morons that your dealing with.
#5Don't bother with heel toe shifter(for old people)...just get used to shifting...if not build one yourself...easy as pie.
#6 If there are any stumps/rocks build a frame skidplate.

That is a sharp bike keep it looking good.
Warrior91
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 02-18-2008, 08:21 PM   #13

Tinkering in the Shop

Like women who have toys don't like to tinker in the shop??? If you could only see all my toys in the garage. Or all the toys I have had in the past.

As for the "the fixing should have been done while waiting for the parts" Well DUH!!! Didn't I already say that??? I believe I did in my reply to Team.

#1 - Christ I have just gotten the thing started -Give me time will ya- I do have a full time job and a house to take care of.

#2 - Ummm Like I said in my reply to Team - I honestly didn't notice the tire until he pointed it out and I took a good look at this weekend. The dealings with this ATV has been hectic (to say the least) along with planning for long distance company this week.

#3 - As for Kelly's carb - that's our business! Enough said.

#4 - Since this bike is only a month old I shouldn't have to buy a new carb they need to send me a WORKING CORRECT carb for this. I will be upgrading the carb later. But they owe me a carb and I'm getting it from them. Sorry to disappoint you Warrior.

#5 - Did, in any of my posts, you see me say anything about a heel/toe shifter??? No you did not. I did say that I would get used to it though in an earlier post. As for being old, I am 40 and getting older by the day.

#6 - I believe you are repeating yourself, you have already stated your opinion on the sprocket and I already assumed from your comment about the sprocket that you think I should make a skid plate for it. Broken Record??? Hummmm I should say so.

Maybe you should buy one of these Sharp looking bikes to go with your Sharp tongue and opinions!

DirtyGirl88 (aka Fireball - any questions???) :twisted:

Just for the record - Team I appreciate all your comments and noticing the tire. I believe it would have taken me a week or 2 to realize it was messed up. 8)

Old 02-18-2008, 08:35 PM   #14

I bet Kelly has the last word, huh? "Yes, dear..."

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-18-2008, 09:17 PM   #15

Your welcome and I'm sure you would have noticed it but having to deal with the more important "carb-get it running issue" was the best place to focus your attention.

I like it when my wife comes out to help me on our stuff even though she is only so-so mechanically she does try and most importantly we do have fun together wrenching and riding.