Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2018, 11:46 PM   #1

New Lifan KP200 owner

Hello there! I just got a Lifan KP200 as my first motorcycle about 2 months ago because of how cheap it was here and I’m enjoying it so far. I haven’t met anyone that own’s one or has even heard of Lifan so I was wondering if anyone here owns/has owned a Lifan before? Here’s a picture of mine
https://m.imgur.com/a/M5Eh700
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C6022FB0-5A6C-4DD9-BCF6-E31307EE4687.jpg (19.7 KB, 476 views)

Old 10-29-2018, 05:45 AM   #2

Not that model but I own a 2007 Lifan 200, the dual sport. Good bike.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:42 AM   #3

Looks great!

Old 10-29-2018, 10:49 PM   #4

Welcome to here! We recently had a member with your bike who was having difficulty with a troubleshooting code, and he was hoping we could help diagnose the code. He wanted to sell the bike as he felt it did not have enough performance, but he wanted to solve whatever issue the code was giving him; but he did not know what the code meant, lol. He was 3 hours from the nearest dealership, so it was not convenient to get it there.

Anyway, I have been interested in this bike as I am not into the 'sport' look of the KP200's brother, the KPR200, so I will be eager to read what experiences you have!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-30-2018, 09:22 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum. We want a full road test report on that Lifan after its broken in.

Old 10-31-2018, 11:51 AM   #6

Welcome! I have a Lifan that I affectionately refer to as Lifanda (yes, 'cause it has some Honda parts on it). It's much like Mudflap's bike.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-02-2018, 07:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
Not that model but I own a 2007 Lifan 200, the dual sport. Good bike.
That's great glad you like it!

Old 11-02-2018, 07:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrfxr67 View Post
Looks great!
Thank you! I see you ride a gsxr those are beautiful

Old 11-02-2018, 07:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Welcome to here! We recently had a member with your bike who was having difficulty with a troubleshooting code, and he was hoping we could help diagnose the code. He wanted to sell the bike as he felt it did not have enough performance, but he wanted to solve whatever issue the code was giving him; but he did not know what the code meant, lol. He was 3 hours from the nearest dealership, so it was not convenient to get it there.

Anyway, I have been interested in this bike as I am not into the 'sport' look of the KP200's brother, the KPR200, so I will be eager to read what experiences you have!
Oh that's rough, I hope he was able to fix the issue he had!

My time with this bike has been short and it is the first bike I have ever owned so I'm not sure I can offer too much insight but I will share the experiences I have had. Currently I just use my kp200 for local riding and no highway riding. I really like the bike so far! One thing that bugged me a little at first is that if you rev the throttle hard, the bike will immediately stall, even if you are in neutral. Another thing is the bike won't actually click into 1st gear from neutral unless you give a little gas beforehand. I'm not sure why this is and it annoyed me at first, but now it's no big deal as I just rev it a little every time I go from neutral to 1st. However I really do enjoy the bike, and considering I don't really want to go too fast, I don't mind the 75 mph limit so the 200 cc displacement is enough for me. Seeing that you ride another 200cc and a 150cc, I think you will enjoy this bike as well so I would consider it! Sorry if I wasn't able to touch on much about the bike I'm still learning.

Old 11-02-2018, 07:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
Welcome to the forum. We want a full road test report on that Lifan after its broken in.
Thanks! I'd be happy to. What exactly would I need to include when I make this road test report post?

Old 11-02-2018, 07:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Welcome! I have a Lifan that I affectionately refer to as Lifanda (yes, 'cause it has some Honda parts on it). It's much like Mudflap's bike.
Haha I like that! Do you have the same KP200? And what color? Also yeah this bike definitely reminds me of the honda CB300F or something similar from Honda. Design looks almost identical.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:00 PM   #12

Toomanybullets -a good road test report from a member would probably include basic impressions. Is it agile around town or does it feel heavy? Does it feel stable at top speed or does it wander and does the vibration in the bars numb your hands? Does it accelerate normally or do you encounter flat spots? Is the clutch smooth or does it grab by surprise? Lastly, does it feel sturdy or do some nuts or bolts fall off every week? Just basic stuff that a prospective buyer would want to know.

Old 11-04-2018, 04:12 PM   #13

Got it thank you wheelbender! I will make a post about all this when I am free. I am currently busy with college work

Old 11-05-2018, 10:44 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanybulletss View Post
Haha I like that! Do you have the same KP200? And what color? Also yeah this bike definitely reminds me of the honda CB300F or something similar from Honda. Design looks almost identical.
No, Lifanda is a dual sport. It's based on the early '80's XR200 frame.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer