Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2018, 06:33 PM   #1

Kickstarter clearance for Vader etc

Might get a Daytona, any rearsets compatible or kick levers etc?

Old 07-26-2018, 07:04 PM   #2

Is a Daytona the same engine config as a Zs190? The Zs has an electric starter ,there are a few YouTube vids with the Zs190 swap done but I don't recall if any used the kickstarter , seems like the splined shaft for it ends up right upside a frame rail iirc. Bizmoto has a Vader with a ZS190 in it on YouTube, let me see if i can spot a kickstart lever on it in any of em.Theres supposedly a Zs190 swap FaceBook page/group but I dont know the name of it, maybe can Google it ? I've been meaning to but just havent yet.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-27-2018, 10:46 PM   #3

Supposedly it bolts up. But without estart I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to get the kick lever to clear.

Seems I'll have to wait on a zs190 to be installed stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
Is a Daytona the same engine config as a Zs190? The Zs has an electric starter ,there are a few YouTube vids with the Zs190 swap done but I don't recall if any used the kickstarter , seems like the splined shaft for it ends up right upside a frame rail iirc. Bizmoto has a Vader with a ZS190 in it on YouTube, let me see if i can spot a kickstart lever on it in any of em.Theres supposedly a Zs190 swap FaceBook page/group but I dont know the name of it, maybe can Google it ? I've been meaning to but just havent yet.

Old 08-04-2018, 08:04 PM   #4

anyone try to line it up, maybe swap the kickstarter out?

Old 08-04-2018, 10:03 PM   #5

This Bizmoto video shows his Zs190 swapped Vader walk around :

He doesnt specifically talk about it but at about 2:45 you can see the kick start stub shaft sticking out, it's nearish the frame/ rearset but it looks to me like if you welded

a 3" or so extension on to a kickstarter pointing straight out ,then welded the shaft back on, you would have room to kick down enough to start it w/o hitting the footpeg, but that is assuming the Daytona has the kickstarter shaft in the same position as a Zs190 engine, and i really know nothing about the Daytona other than I've heard of it . I wouldnt try something like that ,that would be at that angle under stress if it was a big motor like my sportster, but I cant realistically see a 190cc having enough compression to break a weld that would be of that size , assuming a good welder does it. The only issue i see is the kick starter would end up kinda hanging "out there" ,but it would be behind your foot / leg, not in front of it .anyways if you look close in the video you can see where the kickstarter would be and get an idea of how it would have to be modified to fit ,then you can start turning over in your mind how to do that and end up with something workable.
2020 Orion RXB250L