Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2017, 07:45 AM   #1

PA successful RPS Hawk registration.

I wanted to hold off posting until I received my title back and just yesterday I did. All I had to do was bring the bike down with my current MC insurance, the bill of sale and the notarized MCO to have the vin verified. Ten minutes and $220 later I walked out with a plate.

Please note though*

I originally went to one of the major "title & tag" operations here and after they couldn't look up the vin or manufacturer they gave me some crap about "L" vins and having to go to some special unit to be investigated. I then proceeded to a mom and pop title & tag shop that only did paper forms to be sent in. Three weeks later I have a legit registered PA titled Hawk. So if you get turned down initially don't be discouraged just keep trying different local places and someone will eventually take your money.

Last edited by Wancsta; 05-31-2017 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Added insurance requirement

Old 05-31-2017, 10:37 AM   #2

Same deal for me. Mom and pop place just had to do it the ole fashioned way... Long hand.

Where in PA are you?

Old 05-31-2017, 10:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wancsta View Post
I wanted to hold off posting until I received my title back and just yesterday I did. All I had to do was bring the bike down with my current MC insurance, the bill of sale and the notarized MCO to have the vin verified. Ten minutes and $220 later I walked out with a plate.

Please note though*

I originally went to one of the major "title & tag" operations here and after they couldn't look up the vin or manufacturer they gave me some crap about "L" vins and having to go to some special unit to be investigated. I then proceeded to a mom and pop title & tag shop that only did paper forms to be sent in. Three weeks later I have a legit registered PA titled Hawk. So if you get turned down initially don't be discouraged just keep trying different local places and someone will eventually take your money.
Fantastic news

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-31-2017, 11:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvl8rida View Post
Same deal for me. Mom and pop place just had to do it the ole fashioned way... Long hand.

Where in PA are you?
Northeast near Scranton

Old 08-24-2017, 07:28 AM   #5

That's great news about the Hawk! I have some family in Hazleton, and I was thinking of what an epic road trip it would be to take a Hawk from GA to PA on just secondary roads. Doesn't look like it's going to happen now, we have a move out to AZ to get sorted out and a Nugget on the way.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up