Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2017, 10:56 PM   #1

Powersportsmax the decider

Took me a few weeks before I decided to take a chance and order a bike from the internet. The anticipation of not knowing for sure if it was legit or not was enough to sway my mood for days. Often wondering if I'd ever see the bike I had ordered after reading pages and pages of bad reviews for just about every site. I went with PSM. Ordered my bike and got it within 1 week. Cool. Sent for my MSO 2 days afterwards because life and all. Now I'm on the edge of my seat again.....will the MSO ever show...will it take 7-10 days....1-2 months......6-8 months.....1 year.....never......

Old 05-03-2017, 11:32 PM   #2

Seems to take a month for some--some get them sooner

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-04-2017, 01:28 AM   #3

1-2
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-04-2017, 07:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
1-2
Funny thing with them was the certain situation with rwl6935; he lives in New Jersey which is one of a small handful of states that are near impossible to street register a bike that is NOT on the federal DOT list. Hawks are NOT on that list. I believe it is the FMVVS (don't quote me on the acronym) list.

Well, he gets verbal, and more importantly EMAIL assurance that the Hawk is legal in New Jersey, and this was the time that they still had the Brozz available. In spite of us telling him not to, he goes ahead and orders feeling the emails are good evidence (which they are) in case nothing can be done. Well, they had the bike shipped literally the same or early the next day, and the MCO and bill of sale within a week!? Of course, he is still dealing with that mess since the bike is not legal, and there is no way around NJ's strict laws, but it seemed awfully 'convenient' that they got the bike and paperwork on the express plane--er, rocket ship, seemingly in the case that they probably knew they would have problems (yet still shipped the darn thing!!).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-04-2017, 09:22 AM   #5

I ordered mine from PSM and had the bike in only a few days and the MCO in about a week after I sent the online request,

nothing is for sure but you shouldnt have any problems,

Old 05-04-2017, 10:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Funny thing with them was the certain situation with rwl6935; he lives in New Jersey which is one of a small handful of states that are near impossible to street register a bike that is NOT on the federal DOT list. Hawks are NOT on that list. I believe it is the FMVVS (don't quote me on the acronym) list.

Well, he gets verbal, and more importantly EMAIL assurance that the Hawk is legal in New Jersey, and this was the time that they still had the Brozz available. In spite of us telling him not to, he goes ahead and orders feeling the emails are good evidence (which they are) in case nothing can be done. Well, they had the bike shipped literally the same or early the next day, and the MCO and bill of sale within a week!? Of course, he is still dealing with that mess since the bike is not legal, and there is no way around NJ's strict laws, but it seemed awfully 'convenient' that they got the bike and paperwork on the express plane--er, rocket ship, seemingly in the case that they probably knew they would have problems (yet still shipped the darn thing!!).
They're all a crap shoot, I don't care who they are. It's just the law of numbers and no one is perfect.

Regarding rwl's incident, there's little doubt in my mind that other than obviously CA, the "bank of part-time college students" who take the orders via phone and email really don't know what's legal to be sold where, when. If they're lucky, they may have an outdated list hanging from a stick pin in every cubicle. States change their laws and moods like my X-wife.

Are some of thee places shady? Of course....but I also can't help but think that most of these outfits would try to refrain from knowingly creating a huge mess that will cost themselves $$$ in shipping and lost future business.

My guess would be is that most of these problems we experience here (other than shipping damage) is from either lack of knowledge on their part, or being completely overwhelmed in orders and woefully understaffed. Again, I'm not defending what may appear as "scoundrels and thieves in the night"....but I've been in similar businesses and not every day, week or month can be perfect.

Like I've said before about my Rhino, ordered it from SPS. Showed up sooner than was expected, as did the paperwork. I must have gotten lucky on a good week.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-04-2017, 11:06 PM   #7

My experience with PSM was mostly positive the bad part was waiting for the mso that took two weeks. Like every one says at this point other than CSC and Excalibur ordering a cb is a crap shoot.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:18 PM   #8

2 months and still waiting Although it was posted out.. it vanished on April 12th No one seems to care.. I got 3 month warranty and can't use it

These people are pretty useless if you need help. They hang up the phone and when you do get someone, they are totally not cut out for customer service work. I said I would like to know what would happen if it didn't show up, what the procedure is. the answer was "I don't know... maybe you wrote down the wrong address" Useless!. Truck driver found me OK though.. and USPS find me every day.

Never again, and I advise you to go elsewhere. I will try getting a "lost" title at my own expense.

Misery for me.
1995 Harley Davidson Chopper build from ground up.
1983 Yamaha XJ900 REBUILT!
1971 Triumph Daytona 500 - Restored
1987 Yamaha FJ1200

Old 05-09-2017, 02:03 PM   #9

Well im late as usual. MSO literally came the next day. Plated no problems. Overall id rather PSM B- the lack of human interaction via email and phone was horrible. Prompt delivery though. Although I was woke up at 5am this morning to a local police officer asking me about me bike..........it had been stolen over night and abandoned a few streets away. Scrapped up pretty good and they broke the mirrors off. Too bad I didn't hear them taking it. They would've wished for police intervention.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRagingWrench View Post
Well im late as usual. MSO literally came the next day. Plated no problems. Overall id rather PSM B- the lack of human interaction via email and phone was horrible. Prompt delivery though. Although I was woke up at 5am this morning to a local police officer asking me about me bike..........it had been stolen over night and abandoned a few streets away. Scrapped up pretty good and they broke the mirrors off. Too bad I didn't hear them taking it. They would've wished for police intervention.
As in, started it and rode off?? Keys?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Last edited by BlackBike; 05-09-2017 at 09:06 PM.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:17 PM   #11

Dude... that really sucks! I feel for you.. I had 4 bikes stolen when I lived in England so I know how it goes. Honda XL125, Yamaha RD125LC, Yamaha DT80 and a Suzuki GT500 :( Oh crap.. And a Yamaha XJ550 too.. Wasn't insured as I had only got it the weekend before and I was waiting for payday to get it legal. Bastards!

My MSO actually arrived yesterday with an apology from USPS. They said it was found loose and they put it in an envelope and sent it to the address as PSMax had sent a receipt with it. All sounds a bit fishy to me, It had got wet at some point. But what the heck.. I finally have it. Hope you can get your back back to a new condition again?
1987 Yamaha FJ1200

Old 05-09-2017, 09:09 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dossbag View Post
Dude... that really sucks! I feel for you.. I had 4 bikes stolen when I lived in England so I know how it goes. Honda XL125, Yamaha RD125LC, Yamaha DT80 and a Suzuki GT500 :( Oh crap.. And a Yamaha XJ550 too.. Wasn't insured as I had only got it the weekend before and I was waiting for payday to get it legal. Bastards!

My MSO actually arrived yesterday with an apology from USPS. They said it was found loose and they put it in an envelope and sent it to the address as PSMax had sent a receipt with it. All sounds a bit fishy to me, It had got wet at some point. But what the heck.. I finally have it. Hope you can get your back back to a new condition again?
This miso was for the bash storm you had all last year!!! And you finally got it? OMG!

Old 05-09-2017, 09:14 PM   #13

NOOOO... lol Sorry, I got a UTV

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18478

1987 Yamaha FJ1200

Old 05-09-2017, 09:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dossbag View Post
NOOOO... lol Sorry, I got a UTV
I kept trying to figure out which you have been talking about over several posts and did not see anything in your signature. Confusion is nothing new

Old 05-09-2017, 09:26 PM   #15

Oh, yea yea yea. You got the big monster side by side . Thanks for the hint