Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2016, 09:57 PM   #1

you want to give me your old laptop.....

... bogieboy's laptop died....LOL anyone wanna help a brother out? my old hp dv9000 media center edition finally succumbed to the graphics chip overheat/ solder cracking that they are knwn for... and since I don't happen to have a BGA solder/reball machine right handy, I figure I will ask if anyone has any old stuff sitting unused...LOL prefferably on par with a 2006 media center laptop... you know 15-17" screen, prefer ably with a seperate number pad on the keyboard, second hard drive bay.... but.....beggars can't be choosers....LOL I have in the neighborhood of $75 to play around with for this, as that is about what I could put a new motherboard in for...

Old 01-17-2017, 02:35 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
... bogieboy's laptop died....LOL anyone wanna help a brother out? my old hp dv9000 media center edition finally succumbed to the graphics chip overheat/ solder cracking that they are knwn for... and since I don't happen to have a BGA solder/reball machine right handy, I figure I will ask if anyone has any old stuff sitting unused...LOL prefferably on par with a 2006 media center laptop... you know 15-17" screen, prefer ably with a seperate number pad on the keyboard, second hard drive bay.... but.....beggars can't be choosers....LOL I have in the neighborhood of $75 to play around with for this, as that is about what I could put a new motherboard in for...
You still on the hunt? My friend owns an e-waste recycling company and they get laptops. I know shit about computers and run Mac so I know even less about those other kind, but if anything newer than '06 works for you he's probably got it. I'm guessing he'll have much newer actually, the older stuff has mostly already cycled through. Depending on what he has and what you need it might not run much more than the shipping cost.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:35 AM   #3

thanks for thw the offer, I found the laptop I was looking for on ebay... forgot to update the thread...