Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2016, 07:46 AM   #1

tt250 miss the boat pricing nerfed?

Maybe I am just still sleepy but did the bulk of the miss the boat price savings differential just evaporate? look at the cscs site. need coffee.......let me try to read that again...this time with both eyes .....
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 04-01-2016, 08:41 AM   #2

you are correct.. we saved a whole 95 dollars by pre-ordering

Old 04-01-2016, 09:14 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ughmas View Post
you are correct.. we saved a whole 95 dollars by pre-ordering
Beer money, I'll take it.

I was curious to see how they'd roll off the shelf at the 2495 pricing. There's way too many Hondoids out there available to non-CA states for far less $$$. Hawks and Storms being the main competition, as proven by the recent numbers of new arrivals here and we're just a sampling.

It appears to me that the TT250 is nothing more than a Hawk with USD forks and the balanced motor...plus all the cool stuff, awesome service and parts availability that CSC is adding. Unless there's something magical about it being built by Zongshen, there doesn't appear to be much difference so 2495 will be very hard to justify for them outside of CA.

Of course, CSC has the CA market buttoned up for Hondoids until someone else steps up to the plate for CARB approval. What I don't get is if the Hawk and Storm have the little air pump and cat in the pipe, it's got all the equipment needed to pass CARB. Everyone is riding CA bikes already. It's just a matter of "greasing the proper palms" to have a huge market here.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-01-2016, 09:46 AM   #4

am i the only one a bit miffed? maybe if they would discount the money charged us for the "free shipping" , the folks who financed the whole tt250 endeavor by laying down their bucks early would feel better, but to tell you the truth, i am not feeling so good at the moment :{
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 04-01-2016, 10:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Beer money, I'll take it.

I was curious to see how they'd roll off the shelf at the 2495 pricing. There's way too many Hondoids out there available to non-CA states for far less $$$. Hawks and Storms being the main competition, as proven by the recent numbers of new arrivals here and we're just a sampling.

It appears to me that the TT250 is nothing more than a Hawk with USD forks and the balanced motor...plus all the cool stuff, awesome service and parts availability that CSC is adding. Unless there's something magical about it being built by Zongshen, there doesn't appear to be much difference so 2495 will be very hard to justify for them outside of CA.

Of course, CSC has the CA market buttoned up for Hondoids until someone else steps up to the plate for CARB approval. What I don't get is if the Hawk and Storm have the little air pump and cat in the pipe, it's got all the equipment needed to pass CARB. Everyone is riding CA bikes already. It's just a matter of "greasing the proper palms" to have a huge market here.
My Hawk doesn't have the air injector. Or the evap stuff either but a 1000 bucks for that is a little ridiculous.
Poop happens

Old 04-01-2016, 10:44 AM   #6

What is the difference between these and the hawk besides the forks?
Poop happens

Old 04-01-2016, 10:55 AM   #7

"My Hawk doesn't have the air injector. Or the evap stuff either..."
My error then. I thought I'd read here in multiple places that the Hawk and/or Storm had the little air injection valve.

SeerAtlas, I'm not bothered. The Boat People still got the best deal so far, even if it was only was by 95.00. Beats a sharp stick in the eye and selfishly speaking, I get a street legal Hondoind in CA. Hard to come by..... My only other choice is a SSR XF 250 for 2795 and where would I get parts and service for it?...but again, that's selfishly speaking.
Our deposits are refundable, right?

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 04-01-2016, 11:00 AM   #8

"What is the difference between these and the hawk besides the forks?"

From what I can tell, the USD forks with adjustable dampening, the balance shaft motor, the fact it's built by Zongshen...plus the stuff CSC is adding along with their awesome service, support and parts availability.

Upgraded 300 watt stator to run heated stuff, two 12V hookups under the seat that are controlled by the "A1 and A2" switch on the switch gear, custom painted frame and bars, upgraded switch gear. I can't recall if there is anything else.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 04-01-2016, 11:06 AM   #9

Quote:

From what I can tell, the USD forks with adjustable dampening, the balance shaft motor, the fact it's built by Zongshen...plus the stuff CSC is adding along with their awesome service, support and parts availability.

Upgraded 300 watt stator to run heated stuff, two 12V hookups under the seat that are controlled by the "A1 and A2" switch on the switch gear, custom painted frame and bars, upgraded switch gear. I can't recall if there is anything else.
I think the RX3 mirrors is the only other thing. These extras made it very worth it in my opinion, will just be a better bike overall.

Old 04-01-2016, 11:08 AM   #10

Quote:

It has all the clean air stuff too? Or is the carb stuff just an extra tax?
Poop happens

Old 04-01-2016, 11:17 AM   #11

as i understand it from the csc blogs, videos-
1. mfg by zong
2.balanced zong motor,
3.upgraded 300 watt stator and handle bar switch for controlling two aux circuits,
4.usd adjustable damping front forks
5. rear adjustable damping monoshock
6.changed gearing (don't know final production ratio yet but Joe beck said he got 74mph out of the csc demo one),
7. upgraded handlebar switches,
8.change to satin black frame paint.
9.change to handlebar finish
10. more adv oriented tires (hawk comes w full knobbies)

11. fully CARB certified, 50 state street legal
12. wavey disc brake rotors
13.full csc factory assembly-setup,check out and test ride, fluid changes then disassembly- new crating.
14. longer warranty, parts service etc, unexcelled customer service, communication etc.
15. opportunity to get herded through baja by joe on csc sponsored expedition lol
16. I *think* you can get csc to set yours up with the tires/sprockets you want for your anticipated type of riding but don't know costs.
ask spud if i missed anything.
(oh, forgot the mirrors

Old 04-01-2016, 11:24 AM   #12

Is the frame on the TT250 powder coated or painted? One of the nice things about my 11 year old Zongshen made Roketa 200 is the powder coated frame.

Old 04-01-2016, 11:26 AM   #13

beck said paint i think in the video

Old 04-01-2016, 11:30 AM   #14

For some reason my "quote" button isn't working....

"It has all the clean air stuff too? Or is the carb stuff just an extra tax? "

Both. CARB requires the little air pump/valve, EVAP stuff, cat and of course, properly greased palms at the Capitol building.

I'm with ughmas, well worth it for all the extras, plus CA equipment to make it legal here. Mrs 2LZ is chompin at the bit for it to arrive.
I'm really curious to see about the fit and finish. I've seen the RX3 and it's spectacular F&F. I'm wondering if the TT has the same, since it's a Zong.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 04-01-2016, 11:37 AM   #15

Quote:
For some reason my "quote" button isn't working....

"It has all the clean air stuff too? Or is the carb stuff just an extra tax? "

Both. CARB requires the little air pump/valve, EVAP stuff, cat and of course, properly greased palms at the Capitol building.

I'm with ughmas, well worth it for all the extras, plus CA equipment to make it legal here. Mrs 2LZ is chompin at the bit for it to arrive.
I'm really curious to see about the fit and finish. I've seen the RX3 and it's spectacular F&F. I'm wondering if the TT has the same, since it's a Zong.
Ok cool just wondering in Indiana all I had to have was a vin inspection on my Hawk because it came from out of state. My scooter has all the evap and air injector don't see how it makes much of a difference. But figured it was more about the money than anything tho.
Poop happens