Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2016, 08:50 AM   #1

Thumbs Up upgraded wheelbearings

Someone on the board, maybe Weld, commented on available japanese sealed wheelbearings we could sub into the Hawk. in checking mine the oems seemed smooth, but my bro's bike is a liitle "scratchy" in the rear.
I also noticed that the fellow in peru who sells/rents out chinabikes for expeditions down there, posted on ADV that one of his first uprades when prepping a new bike for that use was to swap out the bearings with jap sealed units.

my question to the board is does anyone have a site, part number or any other info as to where and how i could get a couple of sets of these bearings, and what if any caveats they may have regarding the installation.

as always, thanks in advance.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 03-06-2016, 09:35 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
Someone on the board, maybe Weld, commented on available japanese sealed wheelbearings we could sub into the Hawk. in checking mine the oems seemed smooth, but my bro's bike is a liitle "scratchy" in the rear.
I also noticed that the fellow in peru who sells/rents out chinabikes for expeditions down there, posted on ADV that one of his first uprades when prepping a new bike for that use was to swap out the bearings with jap sealed units.

my question to the board is does anyone have a site, part number or any other info as to where and how i could get a couple of sets of these bearings, and what if any caveats they may have regarding the installation.

as always, thanks in advance.
Thanks for taking the lead on this Seer. I too want to replace mine as well as carry an extra set. Eventually I'll get around to popping them out and measuring them so we can cross reference. But in the interim if anybody has this info I would really appreciate it.

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid

Old 03-06-2016, 11:52 AM   #3

The bearing size should be written on the seal. You should also be able to measure the outside diameter of the bearing, and the inside diameter of the bearing race. If you take this information to a bearing shop, they will sell you the correct bearings. I have also ordered wheel bearings from online vendors for very good prices.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-06-2016, 09:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
...prepping a new bike for that use was to swap out the bearings with jap sealed units..
Those "CJB" http://www.cjb.com.cn yikes http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/view...originator=yes | http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=660&t=4250793
===
C&U http://www.cugroup.com is the ONLY trustable choice in a chinese street corner bearing shop coz sold FAKE [foreign & famous 'o domestic] to stranger is normal partiace

Old 03-08-2016, 01:29 AM   #5

I just handed my bearings to the guy behind the counter at the local bearing shop. He quickly found sealed replacements.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-08-2016, 08:03 AM   #6

I don't think I have a local bearing shop.

but I do have a set of engineers calipers and the interwebs

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 03-08-2016, 08:36 AM   #7

Many auto parts stores carry ball bearings that will fit most motorcycle wheels, or they can order them.

Old 03-08-2016, 01:43 PM   #8

You might be able take it to the the parts guy motorcycle dealer (one with a lot of brands both on and off road). They should at least be able to tell you what to replace it with. I'm not sure what I would tell the guy if he asked what it was off of. It might be worth a shot if you don't come up with anything.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:51 PM   #9

If you have any kind of electric motor shop like a place that rewinds industrial motors or rebuilds alternators or starters they will have your bearings in stock.

I purchased new bearings off Amazon. Removed the dust covers and packed them with more grease. I don't foresee them ever failing.

/