Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 01:38 PM   #1

New Shineray 200GYII owner in So. Ut.

Delivered yesterday, began assembly at 8:00 pm. Finished at 3:30 am. (85% assembled, my &^*!) Took my boy to school this morning. DAD IS SOOOOO COOL! Powersportsmax came through, bike is more solid than I expected. Love it!

(WIll use this post to log experiences with bike, so prospective owners can get a clear picture of the pros/cons of a "Chonda" (Chinese Honda )

Old 08-28-2007, 02:12 PM   #2

welcome and cograts the bike. i can relate with the cool dad my daugter was the only first grader last year to be picked up from school on a m/c

Old 08-28-2007, 02:59 PM   #3

I drop my kids off at school on this bike. It draws a bit of attention, and my kids dig it (6 and 8 yrs old).

2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 08-28-2007, 04:36 PM   #4

man i want one of those. urals kick butt

Old 08-28-2007, 10:23 PM   #5

Welcome,

I asked my daughter is she wanted to be dropped off with the bike, She just looked at me like I was nuts, But she's only six so the cool factor is not important *YET*

Old 08-29-2007, 09:01 PM   #6

Welcome and congrats principal!

Is it a Speedee? We need a pic!

I started a PowersportsMax.com review thread in the "dealer discussion" forum after I got my DB-P12 Speedee 200, I invite you to document your experiences with them there.

Shineray rules!

Old 08-31-2007, 04:08 PM   #7

Finally, some pics of the bike!

"Blessed is the man who respects my parking spot, damned is he who does not!"

Speedo cable was kinked and broke at 31 miles. Bike is running great. TIme for first oil change (I have done the break-in method described at http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/NewBike.html#BreakIn
It made the most sense to me. Some might feel differently, but to quote Montgomery Gentry, "You do your thing, I'll do mine."

Sweet freedom is an open road, even at 200cc!

Old 08-31-2007, 04:46 PM   #8

Nice bike. I agree with that breakin method. I used the moto man method. Bike runs great at 2100 miles.

Allen

Old 08-31-2007, 10:54 PM   #9

Ha I used the same method by accident, I was gonna break it in slow then rode it like I stole it. I do change the oil more than I need to, even after switching to synthetic. Nice bike principal

Old 08-31-2007, 11:26 PM   #10

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Gratz on the new wheels and welcome!

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 09-01-2007, 11:42 AM   #11

Welcome, great to have you here.
Thanks for the link, makes a strong point with good logic.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:33 PM   #12

I like to change oil about every 1000km. I don't consider these as a real modern engine and without the liquid cooling the oil does alot of work.

Allen

Old 09-11-2007, 11:30 AM   #13

Update on my bike

Breakin completed, waiting on speedo cable. Absolutely love this little bike. Get lots of comments ("Is it a Honda?", etc.) I shoot all over town on it, take evening rides. Can't wait to get another so my 13 year old can go with (we have a trail system here in Cedar City that allows OHV usage on certain city streets during daylight hours, going to and from wilderness trailheads, etc.) It is a great idea, more small cities and towns should look at. I can take my whole family (from 1 to 13, plus wife) and don't have to load the 4wheeler! We just go from the driveway to dunes, canyons, etc. If anyone needs ride suggestions for So. Ut. let me know.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:03 AM   #14

At approx 750 miles now (reads 500, but speedo cable broke for 3 weeks). had the battery box start to break loose about 2 weeks ago, rear metal strap broke at connection with bike frame. Wired it back up. Had the front one go two days ago, battery nearly fell off! One suggestion to owners: REINFORCE! One suggestion to Roketa: Build battery boxes STRONGER!

Bike is running better than ever. 30 degrees this morning on the way to work. Face still frozen in a grimace, hope it thaws before coworkers arrive.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:25 AM   #15

Chonda update: 850 miles

Winter is over in the Great Basin! I rode when I could during the cold months, but now we are back en force! Just a few updates on my beloved Roketa db-07 'Chonda'. "Grace" is doing well, despite some setbacks.
Had the battery box finally separate, fixed it with straps.
Horn has quit, haven't had time to trace it.
Turn signal switch still works, but you have to push the lever in, and then make a turn signal.
Vibration keeps me going through tail lamps on a regular basis (Finally had to make a bungie cord damper for the rear fender, thing shook so much). Muffler shield fell of on a long ride (big whoop).
Front left fork brake caliper bracket broke at a stop light! I look down and the caliper is hanging by the hose! Scary! Got a new fork off of ebay, we are good to go.
THis morning, can't back the bike up out of my garage. Get to looking and find the hex bolts that hold the rear brake disk have crawled out of their holes and are smacking the swingarm. Salvaged one, the other bent beyond repair. (See wanted section, I need two bolts). I know a lot of people would be saying "Man, what a piece! Why bother?" But for some weird reason, I love this little bike! It's like life itself: A lot of little annoyances and trials, with a lot of simple joys thrown in. What you choose to focus on is what you get. I guess it is the 'Zen of Chonda".