Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2015, 01:35 PM   #1

The State of PA will not Register the Hawk 250

After 9 months and hundreds of extra dollars the state of PA has turned me down for on road registration. Please be aware they are flagging these bikes and will not return your money or paperwork. Mine is in the garage strapped to a pallet for the trip back to TX. The company I bought it from is letting me exchange it for something PA will allow me to register. Too bad I was getting used to seeing it sitting there everyday for nearly a year.

I was even told I couldn't ride it off road because I could not prove ownership. The state at first issued me an ORV (off road vehicle) title only to void it later. My nephew and I were asked to leave an off road park run by the state after only 30 minutes of riding. The office checked our paperwork and we could not prove ownership of the bikes. He is scrapping his just to make a point.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:58 PM   #2

Sorry to hear more crap about penn. Not being able to prove ownership is a big deal for me. The sellers who do not ship a bike with a "birth certificate" or mco mso and want you to phone the vin into them in order to get it, just plain scare me. In 2008 when all the scooter sales were booming there was a ton of scooter owners who never were able to get registered because of mistakes from sellers. A thousand or two for a yard ornament is some thing few can afford.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:18 PM   #3

Could Vermont help ?

Old 11-01-2015, 03:33 PM   #4

Good question on Vermont! Or Montana as they will register bikes out of state and some have taken just such a route here on chinariders. Before scrapping (or even sending back) try the Montana route!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-01-2015, 06:34 PM   #5

On another forum a few years ago I read that some one tried that and penn still would not do it and infact all scooters like it got a letter in mail revoking those registered earlier. Seems they got a bone to pick with certain chinese makers, maybe they expect money under the table from manufacturers or importers.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:18 PM   #6

Here is the thread from a few years back

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=11743

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-01-2015, 11:40 PM   #7

I am a Pennsylvania native. Therefore, I am not surprised that the People's Republik of Pennsylvania (PRP) strikes again.

The Zongshen TT Special is a Hawk motorcycle which is currently completing EPA and CARB testing in California. It will be street legal in 50 states. We Zongshen RX3 owners have not had any difficulty getting our bikes registered in any state, including Pennsylvania.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-02-2015, 11:02 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct842 View Post
Seems they got a bone to pick with certain chinese makers, maybe they expect money under the table from manufacturers or importers.
I've spent a lot of time on the phone with these people, I don't think it's anything personal, they just are... well, government employees. My experience with the state of Illinois really just summarized the whole problem, "We cannot respond to your request at this time due to the lack of a state budget." I talked to Georgia DMV, and the response was, "omg, lol, i just work here... i don't know, my supervisor isn't here today, i'm sorry!"

I talked with a dealer in another state who had filled out all the necessary paperwork to become a dealer, and that required him first to rent a store and set up shop. However, he couldn't do business until the state approved the paperwork. Three months went by and the state hadn't even looked at the forms, so he was going bankrupt paying rent for a store that he couldn't open. He had to call a lawyer and threaten a lawsuit, days later the state approved him. Long story short: sluggish bureaucracy is the problem.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:16 AM   #9

Are You "The Adam"?

Are you the Adam I spoke to who is trying to help me? If you are please let me know what you've found out. I would like to return the Hawk for something I can actually ride. My only other recourse would be to dispute the charge, and I don't want to do that unless I have to.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndtrp3 View Post
Are you the Adam I spoke to
I assume you talked to Adam W, he is in the office now if you want to call.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:15 PM   #11

I am "the Adam"
We are getting correct info from the state today and I will Have a resolution for this issue.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW1469@RPS View Post
I am "the Adam"
We are getting correct info from the state today and I will Have a resolution for this issue.
I saw a video of valve adjustment which I believe you posted and in the video you stated that the proper gap was .07 mm on the intake and .09 mm for the exhaust contrary to the manuals. 05 mm for both is this correct.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:25 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW1469@RPS View Post
I am "the Adam"
If you're Adam West from Batman, that would be so cool!

If not, welcome anyways.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-03-2015, 01:34 AM   #14

Don't start rumors.

I always wondered what happened to Adam West.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-03-2015, 04:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDSRIDER View Post
I saw a video of valve adjustment which I believe you posted and in the video you stated that the proper gap was .07 mm on the intake and .09 mm for the exhaust contrary to the manuals. 05 mm for both is this correct.
Yes we found the intake and exhaust valves too tight on (some) new units..
the unit in the Video was a brand new out of the box Hawk. Our tech has been working on these bikes a long time and he stated with a brand new unit the valves need to be a little loose due to after you put miles on the bike they will tighten up.. so a lil tapping in the beginning is a sound you want to hear!
and Yes the audio is incorrect thus the reason I added the comment bubble with the correct settings. This has corrected a a few problems like: wont go over 55mph) If the valves are to tight this will cause the exhaust to get way to hot and bike will feel gutless