Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2014, 02:11 AM   #1

Jet Moto Enduro 250/ Roketa DB 03 250

Hello I'm new to this forum. Does anybody have a Jet Moto Enduro 250 or a Roketa DB 03 250 (same bike)? Any information would be helpful, thanks, Andy

Old 11-30-2014, 10:53 AM   #2

Look for any fairly recent threads under 'Bashan' here in 'dual sport/enduro'; these bikes are made by Bashan. Ask any questions you might have--we might even pretend to have an answer!!

In all seriousness, someone just posted on a few month old Bashan thread yesterday (a few threads below this one) http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14037 (keep in mind the 200's are not much different than the 229cc's)

Here is one about the 250 http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=13950

And another one... http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=13928

These should get you 'caught up' to speed on your bike...

I am guessing you bought yours from http://www.motobuys.com/150-250cc-dirt-bikes.html as they refer to some of these Bashans as 'Jetmoto' which is a defunct brand of Chinese bikes that was based out of San Francisco years ago (maybe they are back with these bikes??)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-30-2014, 08:07 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. At least I know what to expect when it arrives. Yes I ordered it from motobuys.com. I've been trying to find a little information about the specs on it, Yes I know should have done that more before ordering. (wait until the wife fines out LOL) I did the research on another websight the decided to get it from motobuys. In doing more research I noticed the different websights have conflicting specs. I've seen the seathieght listed anywhere from 35" down to 28". Roketta's websight have the exact same specs for the 200 and 250 including engine specs. I have called several websights and apparently they are all drop shippers and only know what is listed on Roketa's websight. I can't find any more information online other than websights trying to sell it to me with conflicting specs. Apparently this is a newer model and nobody has posted anything online about it. I cant even find any pictures of it but the ones that Roketta has on there sight that everybody else is using. When I call Roketa I just wait on hold until i hang up. The Bashan number is BS250-gy9. and the only thing i can find out that is a car dealer selling it for almost a $1000 more than I paid for it with no specs at all. I'm anxious to get it probably in a another week. I'll have to break the news to my wife gently LOL.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:08 PM   #4

I am no mechanic by any means, but it is good to assemble your own bike (especially if you are no mechanic) if you think you can. However, having a professional do it cannot hurt, either (the car dealer being the professional if you could have fandangled a better deal out of them)!

This particular bike is 'new' to us here as most ordered the other styles of Bashan; I am guessing the main differences will be in the outer plastic panels, not under them. The trials and tribulations of the other Bashan owners should translate to your experiences, with the engine definitely the same across the board. The only issue I remember the two guys with the 250's complain about (not the 200 bike guys) was the leaking gas tanks on both of their bikes.

Keep us posted on anything new, and hopefully, people with experiences with their Bashans can and will chime in. Post on their threads, too, to see if they aren't hibernating for the winter

BTW, what other website did you use to research this bike? www.mychinamoto.com is another forum for Chinese bikes, but most of the members there are expats of Europe and elsewhere living in China, so most of the North American bikes are actually foreign to them (most of our bikes in the US and Canada are export only bikes, such as the Bashan bikes, so Chinese, or otherwise, people in China would not be familiar with them).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 11-30-2014, 10:56 PM   #5

I'm no mechanic but I have pulled engines and replaced transmissions in cars. I usually do my own car and lawnmower maintenance but no expert by any means. I also ordered a BMS Ranch Pony 500 (wife knows about that one). I looked on you tube and that one has a thousand parts to put together. I also have a Tao Tao 150D I Just bought for a Christmas present. This will be my 4th bike that I have owned but its been 10 years since I have owned one and my first dual sport and first chinese. I'm not that concerned about the assembly (there is plenty of information on here if I need it) and you seem pretty knowledgeable. I looked at 8 or 9 websights doing a search under the 3 brand names. Bashan model number only comes up with a car dealer. I looked at KillerMotorsport, Express Scooters, Sunnymotors, motobuys, and few others that I can't recall. When I compare to the picture of the motor on this bike to other Bashan's the don't look like the same one, When it finally gets here and if it has a manual I'm sure all questions will be answered LOL. I called KillerMotorsports and he could only tell me about bikes that he had ridden (not chinese). I talked to a women through online help at one of the scooter websights and she could do was quote me the specs listed on their sight and tell me what a good bike it is. I talked to another websight and they told me the never have actually seen the bike. I'm so excited about getting the bike I have nearly forgot about the Ranch Pony. Thanksgiving has really slowed the shipping down. I can't wait for both of them to finally arrive. I should have the Pony by friday and the Enduro probably the following week. What is the most miles that you have seen reported on a chinese bike? Thanks again for you help.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:04 AM   #6

Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

The Chinese build good engines. I have ridden my Zongshen 200GY-2 over 67,000 miles.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-01-2014, 12:05 AM   #7

I just noticed today is your birthday! Happy Birthday, Andy.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-01-2014, 02:07 AM   #8

Hi spud, thanks for the happy birthday. Nice bike! After I get my bike and get it broke in, I'll get some advice from you for any modifications needed. 67,000 miles, wow that's unreal. Any major problems in that mileage?

Old 12-01-2014, 02:19 AM   #9

My Zongshen 200GY-2 has a copy of the same engine installed in the currently manufactured, Yamaha T200 motorcycle. Your bike has a clone of a Honda engine. I merely perform routine maintenance on this engine, and I haven't had any major problems.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 12-01-2014, 07:35 AM   #10

My '09 TMEC 200 enduro which I bought used with unknown miles (the speedo cable was already broken) I put on over 10k miles in daily commuting over 18 months. My new TMEC which I bought last May has over 3k miles of the same daily commuting until I had an accident which sidelined me just this past October (The accident was not on the commute; I went back to work last Monday but drive a car...for now )

Someone on advrider.com mentioned he has 50k+ miles on a Lifan enduro.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 12-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #11

Happy belated birthday, Andy! Welcome to the shop.

Whatever your bike ends up looking like, we can guide you through the assembly process. Get yourself a bottle of Loctite and some metric tools. HF is a good, cheap source.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-01-2014, 01:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
My '09 TMEC 200 enduro which I bought used with unknown miles (the speedo cable was already broken) I put on over 10k miles in daily commuting over 18 months. My new TMEC which I bought last May has over 3k miles of the same daily commuting until I had an accident which sidelined me just this past October (The accident was not on the commute; I went back to work last Monday but drive a car...for now )

Someone on advrider.com mentioned he has 50k+ miles on a Lifan enduro.
Culcune, I'm sorry to hear about the accident, sound pretty serious, I hope you fully recover. l bet you are glad to be back to work (if it possible to be glad to work). What do you teach? I'm always looking for new sources of knowledge. The bike still hasn't shipped yet, Thanksgiving delayed everything. I ordered the UTV (Ranch Pony) on the 21 and it shipped but then Thanksgiving had the shipping company down for 4 days. I just checked tracking on it. It's in New Mexico currently. It will be a few more days before it makes it to Indiana.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:30 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Happy belated birthday, Andy! Welcome to the shop.

Whatever your bike ends up looking like, we can guide you through the assembly process. Get yourself a bottle of Loctite and some metric tools. HF is a good, cheap source.
Thanks Weldandgrind for the happy birthday. I'm a HF Inside Track Club member (even though I don't think I have saved enough with the coupons to justify the membership). I have plenty of metric tools. thinking about getting a bike stand from harbor freight to put it on while assembling. I read in another forum somebody used an old ice chest. I have one of those too lol. I'm sure I will be seeking plenty advice, especially after it get broke in and doing mods. I haven't even got the bike yet but been already been looking at tachometers for it. (have to wait until it comes in before ordering on to make sure there is room for it) I went ahead and ordered the overpriced oil change and sparkplug kit so that I would have it there when I get the bike.

Last edited by andyj812; 12-01-2014 at 05:00 PM.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:49 PM   #14

The wait for the bike to be shipped and delivered is killing me, I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas!

Old 12-01-2014, 02:10 PM   #15

We all know that feeling. Please take lots of photographs when the bike arrives. We love to see photos and videos of the crate arriving, and the bike being assembled.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Tags
bashan bs250gy-9, jet moto enduro 250, roketa db 03 250