Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2014, 04:18 PM   #1

Yet anothr TMEC

Hello,
Yesterday I picked up my crate and did a late night, up early assembly. I didn't do a detailed PDI as of yet,I did do some Loctite in on the typical trouble spots, changed oil, checked motor mount bolts ext.

[URL=http://s228.photobucket.com/user/kczukiman/media/20140927_092442.jpg.html][IMG]http://i228.photobuc

The bike went together fairly well, no major issues. I think I may need to do the C-clip adjustment .
One question, is the choke opened or closed at the down position ? On my bike it is running ok at the down position, it seems odd that that would be the placement for an open choke.
Also , I can't get enough rear brake. I've bled it, adjusted it as far as it will go, and still have little brake and pedal goes way down to where I have to use my heel .
Any advise would be appreciated .

2007 HI-BIRD 250
2007 Vbike V4S 250

Old 09-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #2

Also, I forgot to mention, I purchased this from Wade at Excalibur. Every thing I've read on this forum about him and his company is 100 percent true. He answers every question, very helpful, very polite.

2007 HI-BIRD 250
2007 Vbike V4S 250

Old 09-27-2014, 04:35 PM   #3

Congratulations, and thanks for posting the photos of your new bike.

I'm stymied by your rear brake problem. Is the system leaking brake fluid? If any event, it appears you might have a defective rear brake.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-27-2014, 04:43 PM   #4

Congrats! It looks just like mine for some strange reason, LOL. All the way down, it is open. I have not ridden in any cold or cool weather, so only played with it a few times when I first got the bike, and it has been in the 'down' position for months, now. I never have played with the fuel shutoff, either. In fact, on my old bike, it was sitting for months, and she started right up the other week without ever touching the fuel shutoff valve in the past few months. Engine is the strong point (stout Zongshen made motor). These carbs seem quite good, too, based on its performance on my old bike.

I did have the same issue with my brakes. I added some fluid, and they have worked since, although my friend (the guy who bought my old one) did point out that I should have bled them and showed me how (the 'newbie' still in me!?).

The only bolts I would worry about right now if I were you are the front heat shield bolts. I had only a few hundred kilometers (I figured out my speedo/odometer was in KPH and km's) on her, nearing my work, and I heard a ruckus down below. One of the bolts had fallen out and the shield was just bouncing around, making all kinds of metal on metal racket. I got some hex bolts (from True Value) and locktite and that has not been an issue, since.

The only other bolt issue, and I had never touched them since new, was one of the engine mounting bolts was rolling around in its hole. Some of the threading had stripped, so I did not lose it. I went to True Value and got a higher quality one and locktited it on. The other bolts are fine. Now that I think about it, I probably should get several of those bolts so I have the exact same size as extras.

Your needs may vary due to your length of commute, however. I ride my bike daily for 16 miles each way to work and back, year round about half at 55 to 60 mph. You might not need to be as worried about things, but obviously, being Chinese, there are always things (like nuts and bolts) to worry about

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-27-2014, 04:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I'm stymied by your rear brake problem. Is the system leaking brake fluid? If any event, it appears you might have a defective rear brake.
Unfortunately, Wade is in China overseeing a batch of Madass 50cc moped/scooters, so is not as easy to get hold of. But, if you call, Alan could possibly have an answer, and would be able to get hold of Wade for a better answer in a few days. He might just send out a new rear brake under warranty?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-27-2014, 05:10 PM   #6

Thanks for the quick replies fellers !
Spud, There doesn't seem to be any fluid leaking. I did make a big mistake and purchased some Lucas oil chain lube. "Not a waxed based lube" and it detailed the whole rear of my bike with gobs of oil spots....never again.
culcun, Ill hit the auto parts store tomorrow to get some DOT #4 brake fluid. I have two bottles of #3 , go figure lol.
I will pop the top on the brake cylinder and top it off. I need to p/u some Philips head sockes, those tiny screw can be a burger to loosen without jacking the heads up.

2007 HI-BIRD 250
2007 Vbike V4S 250

Old 09-27-2014, 09:52 PM   #7

Update:
After reading culcun's comment about his brakes, I went back to bleeding until I released about 12 times and then filled the cylinder to the max. They are now working super.
Thanks for the impute, tomorrow tweak the carb.
The only issue I have is the license plate light bulb exploded. Now how does that happen ?

2007 HI-BIRD 250
2007 Vbike V4S 250

Old 09-28-2014, 01:33 AM   #8

Nice bike! Are those aluminum rims?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kczukiman View Post
Ill hit the auto parts store tomorrow to get some DOT #4 brake fluid.
I'm kinda surprised to hear that. All of the China bikes I have say DOT 3 on the master cylinder.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-28-2014, 09:47 AM   #9

Thanks Weld, I'm not quite sure if the wheels are aluminum, but my magnate won't stick to them.
I just checked my Wife's 2012 Jonway YY250T scooter and it reads DOT#4. I've never had to bleed her brakes.

2007 HI-BIRD 250
2007 Vbike V4S 250

Old 09-28-2014, 12:02 PM   #10

motor

what size of motor is this ?? 250 cc... and I guess it is street legal??? can you tell me the brand name on this... I am in Canada and I know there are a lot of Chinese companies making these.. but it would be nice to see about bring these into Canada.. as they look good

Old 09-28-2014, 12:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY View Post
what size of motor is this ?? 250 cc... and I guess it is street legal??? can you tell me the brand name on this... I am in Canada and I know there are a lot of Chinese companies making these.. but it would be nice to see about bring these into Canada.. as they look good
Call Wade at Excalibur Motorsports, but he is in China right now for a few weeks. www.atv4usa.com

The brand name is TMEC and they are manufactured by TMEC; 200cc engine, although TMEC website shows 229cc available (those are not certified for the US)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-28-2014, 06:30 PM   #12

Well, there is a problem with the rear brakes some where . I got about 8 mike out and the rear caliber was locked up. My wife who was following me on her scooter could smell them and tooted her horn to get my attention. I loosened the bleeder valve and it released the brake. Problem is I don't know if its the master cylinder or the rear caliber.
I will call Alan tomorrow to see what he thinks.
Its a very nice bike but , I don't think its for me. I feel like I'm leaning forward too much "like a crouch rocket" and the seat is going down hill.
Back when I had the HI-Bird it was much more comfortable.
Maybe because it has the same size front and rear tire? I don't know. I'm thinking that after I get the rear brake fixed, it is going on craigslist , and maybe order another scooter.

2007 HI-BIRD 250
2007 Vbike V4S 250

Old 09-28-2014, 06:49 PM   #13

I think you probably overfilled the master cylinder with brake fluid. When the brakes heat up, the brake fluid will expand. If the master cylinder is overfilled, the expanding brake fluid will lock up the rear brake. I suggest you bleed the brake fluid until the fluid is at the specified level.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-28-2014, 06:55 PM   #14

Spud, I think you are spot on. It was filled to the brim. I will do exactly what you suggest ,
I'll bet that's it in the nut shell.

2007 HI-BIRD 250
2007 Vbike V4S 250

Old 09-28-2014, 09:00 PM   #15

Update:
That seem to do the tick, Thank you Spud ! I'm not sure where the full line is, so I filled it to just above the center of the sight glass.

2007 HI-BIRD 250
2007 Vbike V4S 250