Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #1

Bought a 110, need help with no spark & brake bleed.

A couple of weeks ago I went to buy a 110 Kazuma pit bike for $250. When I got there the guy threw in a helmet & a 110 ATV for free. Not sure on brand, but it looks like maybe a Taotao, Sunl, or Coolster. According to the guy, it's a 2006 model that he bought new for his daughter & it never got rode. It has sat in the weather for 6 years untouched & fading. First thing I did was tear everything apart for a clean up. Cleaned carb, found a crack in tank, changed oil, bought new brake master cylinder, repainted everything, & am at the point of firing it up.

It struggled to turn over for a second & then spun over just fine, but I'm getting no spark at all. I have a Roketa 90 that I borrowed the CDI from & still not getting spark. This one has some weird remote to kill power & I am wondering if maybe this is the culprit? The remote batteries are long dead so I was wanting to just bypass it all together. Anyone have any ideas?

Also how do you bleed the brakes on these? I had to buy a new master cylinder/brake lever because the old one had dry rotted. I filled it up & opened the bleeder out back, but not getting fluid to come through at all even trying to pump the brake like you would a car. I guess I'm clueless on this one too.

Third & least important question; do all of these suffer from flat tire syndrome? Every small Chinese ATV I have bought has had at least one tire that wouldn't hold air for more than a couple of hours.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #2

You could check to see if it has a teather cord and whether it is seated properly or missing. The one on my kids 125 was located at the back of the machine next to the bar that comes out from under the seat. Also push in the button for the kill switch - looks like a turn signal switch that you push in to cancel in the centre position.

Have the same problem with the master cylinder myself, glass (plastic) fell out and haven't replaced it yet - sorry

Old 05-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #3

Well I still never figured out the nonfire situation, but picked up a Hummer Sport 150 for nothing. It's been swapped to a 110 motor & has no wiring harness, so I'm gonna use this smaller 110 as a parts quad for my others. My daughter's 9th birthday is coming up quick & I think with her long legs that she'll be more comfortable on the bigger one anyways.

Would still like to know how to bypass the remote start. I've got the harness out & ready to go, just gotta figure out where to mount the taillight, bypass the tether, & hopefully bypass the remote start. Looks like it could be tedious though. :(

Also from the looks of it, the 110 engine bolted into the 150's frame with no modifications & PLENTY of spare room if anyone ever needs to go that route. If she ever gets bored of it, I'll look into a 200cc engine to swap in, but for a beginner I think this should work fine.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #4

It never occurred to me that the GY6 150 and the horizontal motors might have the same bolt pattern.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #5

Me neither, but I looked the frame over & there are no weld or cut marks from where they may have altered the mounts. It's good info for anyone that has a larger frame & needs a quick alternative. Might actually be a fun idea if you were wanting to do a major build with one of those big bore horizontals. More aftermarket support & similar power potential from what I've seen.

The 150 chassis is more stable compared to the 110 chassis so it might actually be a better beginner quad. Ask me how many times I've flipped the little 90-110s, lol. Hit a bump going fast & you really get the pucker factor.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:21 AM   #6

Of course, a 50cc small quad with a GY6 and a widened track for drag racing has a certain appeal.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #7

Oh yeah! I'd be first in line for a drive on that one.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #8

You can learn how to change your brake fluid by reading the following thread.

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=9814

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #9

Thanks Spud!

I figured out why my fluid wasn't coming through & this could be another bit of useful info for someone in the future. When I installed the new master cylinder, I didn't have the bolt hole lined up with the brake line hole. To make it easier, I scribed a mark on the head of the MC bolt to show where the hole was. This made it much easier to line up during install. Scribing should be easy enough with a small knife, but you could also use a permanent marker if you prefer.

I realize that was common sense, but sometimes we get into a rush & leave common sense at the door. Happens to me quite often.