Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #1

Easter Weekend Riding

We took full advantage of the beautiful weather we had in the fraser valley on the Easter long weekend. Loaded up our sons 110cc quad, some fire wood and headed to the river with some other family/friends. In all there were 4 kids aged 5-12 that took turns riding the quad around and they had a blast. Our 5 year olds little buddy is now bugging his parents non stop for his own atv

The little 110 worked flawlessly even with a few of us adults abusing it a bit. For the kids last rides of the day I backed the throttle screw out a little bit more, the kids loved it, the moms not so much :twisted:

This riding spot is in Chilliwack in behind Chilliwack Mountain (just off Old Orchard Road), it is a lot better for the kids than Gill because it is all soft sand vs. all the rocks at Gill. Anyways here are some pics, now just have to get my wife/myself our own atv so we can ride with our son.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #2

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. It looks like everyone had fun, and got exercise also.

Beautiful location, I love it. That little quad did great.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #3

Thank you FastDoc, it was an awesome day. Each time out I am impressed with this little machine, I picked it up a year ago from a guy who got frustrated with it. It was puking gas out of the carb so he bought another carb and it was still doing the same thing. I took the original carb apart, cleaned it out and added a petcock inline between the tank and carb. I haven't had any fuel issues since

Did have a charging/battery issue about a month ago, turns out it was a loose wire, fixed that and didn't have any issues this time out.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #4

looks like a good place to ride....got directions for a local boy?

Old 04-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifekrisiz
looks like a good place to ride....got directions for a local boy?
Coming from Mission take the Yale Rd West Exit (#109 I believe) and go to the north side of the highway, follow the road towards Chilliwack (past Ritchie Bros). Turn left onto Old Orchard Rd (at the old Chapman Auction Building). Follow Old Orchard Rd towards the river, the road will turn sharply to the right as you reach the river, just past this corner there is a dirt road off to the left, this leads down onto the sandbar. The area for riding isn't as big as Gill or Pegleg but it is a lot easier for the kids to ride on and seems to attract a lot less people which is also good.

Here is a map shot, the red dot is the approximate entrance location

Old 04-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #6

The first time I ever rode in BC was at that spot. I thought it was closed.

The shot of one lad pushing another is priceless!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-03-2013, 11:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
The first time I ever rode in BC was at that spot. I thought it was closed.

The shot of one lad pushing another is priceless!
It does have a gate at the entrance but it was open all 3 times I've been there.

The little guy on the quad is my son, he was getting a lot more daring as the day went on and decided he was going to try to climb the hill. Obviously he didn't make it this time and his big cousin had to push him up the hill.

He didn't give up and kept trying until he finally made it. The next day we jumped in the truck to run some errands and my son goes "Hey dad why don't we just throw the quad in the truck and go back to the beach" . He is loving riding it around.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:08 AM   #8

You're right, you gotta get yourself a quad. Hopefully you can find a basket case Beast (like a few of us have) and fix it. They're good for many smiles.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-04-2013, 04:04 AM   #9

Thanks for posting the ride report with all the great photographs! It's obvious you guys had a great time. I'm so very glad winter is over!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #10

Thanks guys, we had a blast and we are all looking forward to getting out again.

And regarding getting a quad for myself/my wife, I may have one tomorrow night. I don't want to post to much because I don't want to jinx it, but if the deal goes through I will post some pics this weekend :twisted:

Old 04-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #11

The cat's outta the bag now. What kind of quad?

Old 04-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
The cat's outta the bag now. What kind of quad?
Ok so I promise I had every intention of buying a chinese atv and was primed to do so when I found an ad for 1989 Honda Fourtrax 350 4x4. I went and looked at it and it us currently in the back of my truck.

It has definately seen better days cosmetically but it runs and drives really well. I have to get the box of plastics/brackets etc put back on hopefully this weekend, it may be missing a few things but for the most part it is complete. All in all I don't think it is a bad deal for $400.00 which is less than I was going to spend on the 200cc Loncin.

Here is a photo that the previous owner sent me.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #13

No need to apologize; you got a great deal! $400 for a running, 350cc, 4X4 quad is a great price!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #14

I just surplused one of those at work. That is a great buy.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #15

Thanks guys, I really hope my wife can look past the cosmetics :? , I gave her a call and told her I was bringing a quad home and that it wasn't very nice to look at. She didn't sound too thrilled :wink: