Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #1

lifan 200 cc lf-200 manifold mm?

I am looking for a new manifold and i see different sizes that look alike. 60-64mm mounted to head side. On carb side i see 48mm and i am sure this is correct just not sure on 60-64mm. Current manifold is shot and rigged with zip tie. "dry-rot"

Old 04-05-2012, 01:53 AM   #2

Welcome!

Can you show us a pic with measurements? That would help me to understand.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-05-2012, 02:09 AM   #3

this looks like my part.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intake-Manif...dbb1d8&vxp=mtr

Old 04-05-2012, 02:24 AM   #4

Thanks for the link. Do you have a cheap caliper or even a pair of dividers from a student's math set? That would help you to confirm the size before ordering. I don't have a manifold like that to measure.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-05-2012, 11:27 PM   #5

nope.

I went ahead and ordered a 61.5 mm one and if not a perfect fit i will fabricate it a little. So far the zip tie is working and holding it so air does not come through the side. It's all dry rotted. A couple days ago i was riding and it all of a sudden died and i pulled on the throttle even more as it was stalling and it was popping and stuff. I waited a minute and it fired up and would die a half a mile down the road and kept doing this so i thought it might be the carb or fuel related anyway but the last stall i just went wot until the bike came to a stop in gear hoping it would take off again but no. This time i had to kick start it for 20 minutes before it finally started up so i think it flooded and that my problem was not fuel related. i took a hair dryer to the coil and cdi to see if it was heat related but it kept running and i went for a ride and it ran fine. This was the next day after the stalling problem. I had a full tank of gas and good oil level etc. Also it would stall faster if i ran it above 3 thousand rpm and stall slower if i ran it real easy like a fuel problem but i am stumped now cause it runs great. I wish i knew what it is cause i don't trust it now to go to far. It is a 2008 lifan liberty lf-200b any ideas? Anyone know where to get a bigger main jet for this now that i added an aftermarket air filter and drilled out the baffle?

Old 04-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #6

Excellent troubleshooting techniques! I never thought of a hair dryer on the coil and CDI. Good thinking.

My vote would be to swap to a 30mm Mikuni. They're very good quality for less than $40 (including delivery), and jets are really easy to find at $4.00 each. With a stock muffler and a high-flow air filter, I'd choose a 110 main and a 25 slow jet (in Mikuni numbers).