Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2019, 10:47 PM   #1

Clutch cable broke

Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to finding parts that fit my hawk 250. Does anyone have a link to ebay for a clutch cable that will work on a 2015 hawk 250.

Thanks in advance

Old 03-03-2019, 05:10 AM   #2

In the USA?

https://store.cscmotorcycles.com/TT2...ARTS-s/306.htm

Or I can supply colored cables from china

Old 03-03-2019, 09:43 AM   #3

I pieced together a kit like this for my Roketa, since i already had the master cylinder from another project...once you do this you will never look back.... trust me... https://www.ebay.com/itm/7-8-Motorcy...JT9iuk9eODosRQ

Old 03-03-2019, 09:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
I pieced together a kit like this for my Roketa, since i already had the master cylinder from another project...once you do this you will never look back.... trust me... https://www.ebay.com/itm/7-8-Motorcy...JT9iuk9eODosRQ
I have never used a hydraulic clutch lever before, what are the advantages over standard clutch lever that comes on the bikes?

How would you rate the quality and durability of the unit that you linked?

Old 03-03-2019, 09:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDStroup View Post
I have never used a hydraulic clutch lever before, what are the advantages over standard clutch lever that comes on the bikes?

How would you rate the quality and durability of the unit that you linked?
Way smoother and i find the lever pull easier, because i also have heavy duty clutch springs...my master cylinder is originaly from a John Deere ATC gator...LOL and the cylinder and hose came from ebay... so far so good... i uave had ebay hoses on my bike for 5 yrs now... i also found out that my adjustable levers that i bought on a whim for hydro setups also fit....LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190303_095122.jpg (89.7 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg 20190303_095138.jpg (87.8 KB, 175 views)

Old 03-03-2019, 10:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Way smoother and i find the lever pull easier, because i also have heavy duty clutch springs...my master cylinder is originaly from a John Deere ATC gator...LOL and the cylinder and hose came from ebay... so far so good... i uave had ebay hoses on my bike for 5 yrs now... i also found out that my adjustable levers that i bought on a whim for hydro setups also fit....LOL
Just so I understand, when you mean master cylinder your talking about the master cylinder for the brakes right?
What made you put on that master cylinder in the first place?
What bike do you have, and why did you put in heavier clutch springs?

Old 03-03-2019, 10:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Just so I understand, when you mean master cylinder your talking about the master cylinder for the brakes right?
What made you put on that master cylinder in the first place?
What bike do you have, and why did you put in heavier clutch springs?
Master cylinder is for the clutch, since it got swapped to hydro. Heavy clutch springs is because i am a 6'2" 280# fatarse that otherwise seems to overheat and weaken clutch springs...LOL bike is a 2007 Roketa DB07A converted to supermoto and has a dr650 fuel tank swapped onto it...

Old 03-03-2019, 10:18 AM   #8

Quote:
Master cylinder is for the clutch, since it got swapped to hydro. Heavy clutch springs is because i am a 6'2" 280# fatarse that otherwise seems to overheat and weaken clutch springs...LOL bike is a 2007 Roketa DB07A converted to supermoto and has a dr650 fuel tank swapped onto it...
Where the clutch springs hard to source?
While I'm not the heaviest guy, I'm also not light. Plus with full gear and if I get one obviously I'll be using it to commute to college so it'll also have a big ass backpack strapped to it.

I'm very curious about the dr650 fuel tank. Did it just fit right on or did you have to modify it to fit?

Old 03-03-2019, 01:00 PM   #9

Does this kit come with the fluid it needs? Or is it just the lever?

Old 03-03-2019, 01:31 PM   #10

http://www.kidsatvparts.com/
I picked one up locally but you can also order. I don’t remember the correct size but just measure your cable.

Old 03-03-2019, 01:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Reign View Post
Does this kit come with the fluid it needs? Or is it just the lever?
I assume it doesn't and you would have to buy it.

Old 03-03-2019, 01:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Advantages of hydraulic clutches - consistent clutch engagement (self adjusting) and generally lower maintenance (requires bleeding like a brake system every year or two).

Disadvantages - cannot be bodge repaired like a cable when it fails and a little more expensive compared to a cable setup

I have a complete hydro setup saved on Aliexpress to eventually put on my Hawk, and the rough cost is about $50. I prefer hydraulic clutch setups.

Comparitively, a new clutch cable might cost $10-20.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 03-03-2019, 01:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Advantages of hydraulic clutches - consistent clutch engagement (self adjusting) and generally lower maintenance (requires bleeding like a brake system every year or two).

Disadvantages - cannot be bodge repaired like a cable when it fails and a little more expensive compared to a cable setup

I have a complete hydro setup saved on Aliexpress to eventually put on my Hawk, and the rough cost is about $50. I prefer hydraulic clutch setups.

Comparitively, a new clutch cable might cost $10-20.
If you ever get it please do a review and post the links.

Now u am wondering about hydro breaks? I have seen them on some mountain bikes.

Old 03-03-2019, 04:34 PM   #14

Quote:
Where the clutch springs hard to source?
While I'm not the heaviest guy, I'm also not light. Plus with full gear and if I get one obviously I'll be using it to commute to college so it'll also have a big ass backpack strapped to it.

I'm very curious about the dr650 fuel tank. Did it just fit right on or did you have to modify it to fit?
Dr tank swap was fairly involved....LOL you can see what it takes here.... at least for a 07 roketa... as for springs, it was 6 yrs ago now....LOL i think i gambled on a set of cg125 heavy duty springs off ebay...

Old 03-03-2019, 08:37 PM   #15

Hydraulic clutch a nice idea BUT the Chinese cylinders are mmmm yeah from what I have heard kinda hit n miss quality.

Clucth springs or clutches there are several option in the number of clutch plates and clutch springs for most CG and CB engines
4 springs 5 springs 6 springs then something like 5-7 plates as well.