Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2015, 09:55 PM   #16

The one im gonna go check out is green but its a 1980 should look like this ill put actuall pics of the bike when or if I do get it!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1979-Kawasaki-KE100-Green-7572-0.jpg (92.7 KB, 231 views)

Old 06-25-2015, 09:56 PM   #17

I wonder if the newer seat like boogies would fit?? I like its look better..

Old 06-26-2015, 06:45 AM   #18

Old 06-26-2015, 10:09 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post

Awesome that bike has some crazy torque for a 100cc.

Man as soon as the video started I saw that dirt pile and I couldn't wait to see you ride to the top.

I saw the comments on your video about the dirt pile. LOL

/

Old 06-26-2015, 11:59 AM   #20

its got good torque in the mid range, but thats about it... I would like to get more power acriss the range which shouldnt be too hard... the thing is so detuned for emmissions and reliability.... I would love to start with the old G31 green streek tuning spec, which should add plenty of power... bumps from 13 to 21 hp....

Old 06-26-2015, 07:57 PM   #21

I also have another question so my girlfriend is picky and dosent like the old school enduro looks like I do, I have seen some cheap 250cc china enduros such as the motobuy's vento but she is on the shorter side 5'1 so im not sure a 250 is such a great idea for her is there any china 100-125cc enduros ???

Old 06-27-2015, 10:30 AM   #22

Quote:
its got good torque in the mid range, but thats about it... I would like to get more power acriss the range which shouldnt be too hard... the thing is so detuned for emmissions and reliability.... I would love to start with the old G31 green streek tuning spec, which should add plenty of power... bumps from 13 to 21 hp....
Boyesen is your friend.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-27-2015, 10:32 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmeredith0015 View Post
I also have another question so my girlfriend is picky and dosent like the old school enduro looks like I do, I have seen some cheap 250cc china enduros such as the motobuy's vento but she is on the shorter side 5'1 so im not sure a 250 is such a great idea for her is there any china 100-125cc enduros ???
The short answer (no pun intended) is yes, but most of the 150 dual sport bikes I've seen are identical to the 200 sport bikes. You can't actually see a difference in engine displacement from the outside.

Do you think she'd ride a CT-70 clone? They're quite popular on this forum.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-27-2015, 04:37 PM   #24

I think a 12/150cc dual sport would be perfect for her she has some experience already on a 125 and I've seen a Bashan 125cc that looks perfect I just haven't found a decent online store selling them I was hoping maybe some one could shoot me a link or point me in the right direction seat height is the only issue with the bigger bikes I think she can handle the speed

Old 06-28-2015, 04:48 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Boyesen is your friend.
if only.... I'm stuck with rotary valve timing...which isnt all bad... theres a lot you can do with a rotary valve and port work..... evidenced by the green streak... however there has been the thought of dropping a cg200/30 in the frame if theres room...LOL or a bigger air cooled 2T....

Old 06-29-2015, 11:39 AM   #26

Quote:
if only.... I'm stuck with rotary valve timing...which isnt all bad... theres a lot you can do with a rotary valve and port work..... evidenced by the green streak... however there has been the thought of dropping a cg200/30 in the frame if theres room...LOL or a bigger air cooled 2T....
I bet a KE175 motor would make you happy!

Old 07-05-2015, 03:18 AM   #27

Head Scratching

So they guy has the title now and I am planning on picking up the bike Tuesday evening I was curious though... Below is the ad posted and I am a novice but does this sound right that a bad voltage regulator would cause a plug to burnout??

1980 Kawasaki KE100 2 stroke enduro bike. The bike is in excellent condition no paint scratches or dents all the electronics work even the odometer. Bike has been in my family since it was bought new in 1985. Its been garage kept all its life and never beaten on. Its an oil injection 2 stroke so you don't need to premix the fuel you put the oil in a sperate tank. The bike just needs a new spark plug and a voltage regulator for it. Which located on the frame under the gas tank its about a 30 min fix and the part is about $50 could use a new battery also but worked when we put it down last year. I'm selling the bike because I don't use it anymore and want to finish the build on my car it will run if it has a spark plug but the plug will burnout if you ride it longer than a half hour because of the regulator.

Old 07-05-2015, 03:38 AM   #28

really hopping its not top end like bad rings causing the burnt plugs :/

Old 07-05-2015, 08:09 AM   #29

Voltage regulator won't cause spark plug problems. Perhaps it's over oiling and fouling the plug?

Buying a non running bike (unless the seller get's it going for you) is always kind of a "pig in a poke" kind of thing... If your getting it for a project fine, but otherwise everything other than the appearance is an unknown. Sellers have been known to lie (or they just don't know any better) just to get rid of something.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:40 AM   #30

perhaps a hotter plug will help i just need to get it and go thorough it