Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2014, 11:01 PM   #76

On my first try at moving the pickup closer to the flywheel , I got an 8 flash code ,witch is a timing pickup problem . Off with the cover again backed it off a little ,but not as far back as the oe setting was . I had never moved it before , apparently it was good enough for the oe ac CDI ignition . Now I will say again ,I believe the hot start problem is fixed .After several evenings of running warming and restarting ,The fuel injection seems happy and me too . I have not put it back together enough to ride yet . I didn't want to until my comfort level was back that THINGS WERE FINE . this weekend I hope to get a chance to take her for a ride Lesson Here The need to Know what the controller needs to see , the answer was not something I would have guessed . As much as would have liked this to be a simple swap ,at the same time this information gained from problems ,I am happy to have

Old 07-31-2014, 11:47 PM   #77

It would sure be nice to have a scope! That certainly helped you to express the info to the manufacturer; how else would you determine the voltage threshold?

So cool that the pickup was the issue! Looking forward to more reports after the weekend.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-01-2014, 12:52 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
It would sure be nice to have a scope! That certainly helped you to express the info to the manufacturer; how else would you determine the voltage threshold?

So cool that the pickup was the issue! Looking forward to more reports after the weekend.
X2.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-04-2014, 10:13 PM   #79

Sunday afternoon ride . The fuel injection now performs very well . I did have an issue with it stalling a couple times , off throttle clutch pulled in stopping . However it did start right up . Just as I was about to try opening the air screw a little ,I was caught in a down pour . Rained so hard ,so fast , rivers running down the streets . So I just rode her home as quickly as I could . I think I may have never been wetter with clothes on my whole life . Somehow it was still fun ,like a child that did not care about the rain .Was going to play anyway . Tonight I opened the air screw 1/4 of a turn and took a short ride and could not duplicate a stall . I think It's good . Also i'd say it is smother and quicker to respond to throttle than ever before .

Last edited by recracer; 08-05-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:16 PM   #80

That is excellent.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-04-2014, 11:06 PM   #81

gee wizz, thats serious modding, good stuff!

Old 08-05-2014, 02:11 AM   #82

Excellent! Do you have mileage numbers yet? How is the power as compared to before?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-05-2014, 10:12 AM   #83

Quote:
Excellent! Do you have mileage numbers yet? How is the power as compared to before?
No mileage numbers yet . I will need to GPS that . Oe speedo/odm are not correct . Seat of the pants dyno says there is a little more pull on the entire rev range . At this point top end has not been extended , there may be something there , but not with current gearing 15/45 . later I may try the 17 front and see. It is not really possible to have apples to apples ,it had more power with the timing tab alone ,but with an unknown timing curve in the standard cdi and I never spent time to check carb jetting to optimize that setup . The rate of acceleration certainly feels quicker . But feels so linier through the rpm and pull . I can't help to think it maybe quicker than I think . Being so smooth may kill some speed sensation .
Over the years Dealing with drag racers . When the car did something stupid they feel it made so much power ,but the e.t. was slow . When they felt the car was lazy I.E. nothing stupid happened . e.t. was quicker . Quote from Mr Yang FAI fuel injection (usually maximum power can be up about 5-10%) I think wide view quote 125cc to 200cc mainly.

Last edited by recracer; 08-05-2014 at 10:47 AM. Reason: add quote

Old 08-05-2014, 11:09 AM   #84

In conjunction with the GPS, an accelerometer app for your smart phone would fill in the blanks, in terms of ET and trap speed. Perhaps you'd care to try that.

Humanbeing could probably provide you with the timing curve of the stock CDI for comparison purposes.

I get what you mean about the linear pull, and the lack of torque sensation. If I snap the throttle on one of my old two-strokes, they'll bog momentarily, and then jump to life, usually popping the front wheel. A bike with smooth acceleration would probably be quicker and faster, with no sudden onrush of speed.

Last edited by Weldangrind; 08-16-2014 at 12:36 AM.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:30 AM   #85

Udate

I am happy with the performance of this fuel injection now . I have not had a chance to look at mileage . Had a valve stem tear flat . Waiting on a new inner tube . The smoothness of the system should get better and better as the adaptive strategy learns. One side effect of the system , if the throttle is open at all during decel you will get some exhaust popping . fully closed smooth decal . I think it is due to no vacuum sensor(MAP Sensor), as far as it knows Throttle position sensor says add fuel at this rpm .

Old 08-12-2014, 05:40 PM   #86

The other side effect is enough power to tear a valve stem.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:24 PM   #87

Quote:
The other side effect is enough power to tear a valve stem.
I'd like to think that and like the little extra it has . I suppose it had to spin the tire on the wheel a little . I was running 16psi in it at the time , but it was also not a hd tube .It was a standard Bike Master.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:03 PM   #88

What kind of terrain were you riding on? 16psi is pretty low for the street.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:02 AM   #89

Yea I did not think about it. Rode to work and back 9 miles each way . Did not go flat while riding . I jumped on it when I got home up the driveway, pulled the front wheel up . Likely then is when it tore . I have to say the street grip at that pressure felt great. I was thinking riding it felt like it had more grip then the supermoto setup. But I never let the pressures below 26 psi in those.

Old 08-17-2014, 10:51 PM   #90

Mpg

Today I went for a ride . Setup my phone with GPS speedometer/odm trip . I traveled 48.4 miles . I wanted more miles to average ,but as it was my cell phone battery barely got me to a gas station at 48.4 miles . Once there It took .655 gals to top it off again . I think the results are pretty good . I can't remember if I ever checked it with the carb in place . Results Fuel Mileage beat cell phone battery life
73.89 miles per gallon or 31.42 kilometers per liter.