Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro

Old 05-14-2014, 07:45 AM   #1

fuel injection retro-fit interest

I am looking at a less power hungry kit . Does not need a high pressure fuel pump . It is closed loop with an 02 sensor . It has not been introduced to the usa or Canada markets . I will get it and post the install and results here. If there is enough interest after the install , I'll bring more to the usa . should be in the 300 dollar range . Seems there current focus has been Oe fuel injection ,so I have not pressed them to hard to take time to talk to me . Only they will sell me a test system .

Old 05-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #2

http://www.fai.com.cn/English/Techno...04-30/105.html see more about the system here , may have to translate

Old 05-14-2014, 12:37 PM   #3

I think that scooters would benefit the most. They are generally not ridden off road and most people buy them for the fuel economy.

Old 05-14-2014, 04:40 PM   #4

If it proves to be reliable ,i would not worry taking it offroad . Granted it's 1 cylinder compared to a 4 wheel drive vehicle . No one worries about taking a modern truck off road . Today i payed for the system ,in a few weeks i'll get to look it over. should install easier than the MBE system . only thing a person may not be able to do themself is weld the 02 fitting on the exhaust pipe . It can be self learning tune with an 02 sensor , but first hand knowledge is what i seek . If it turns out complete junk ,i'll write it off as entertainment value .

Last edited by recracer; 05-14-2014 at 06:41 PM.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:59 PM   #5

I wouldn't be concerned either unless I was out alone. Modern factory installed systems are generally reliable too.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:28 PM   #6

Is this similar to the FI on the Honda Grom? That system is louder than the bike running.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerbracing View Post
Is this similar to the FI on the Honda Grom? That system is louder than the bike running.
I am not familiar with the Honda Grom system . I should try to find out . seems they oe this system on china made bikes to meet euroIII and chinaIII emissions without a cat and euroIV with a cat . no attempt has been made for epa that I know of.

Last edited by recracer; 05-16-2014 at 03:53 PM.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:48 AM   #8

I'm subscribed. Thanks for starting the nice thread.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-16-2014, 09:56 PM   #9

A few links to taobao sellers http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...5-dc4d141d92dd ,,, http://faimotuochedianpen.taobao.com...CC%D7%BC%FE#bd I tried talking to one of the sellers ,but could not get the information I needed to understand this system . I found the actual company to get the understanding and the actual company is who I bought from . I also bought diag items to compare to automotive injection I am used to.

Old 05-30-2014, 01:15 PM   #10

UPDATE . In a chat with FAI they wanted to know the ignition timing I plan to run . They said normally the pickup setting will be 35btdc on carbureted 200 and 250 Chinese engines . They suggest 50btdc will result in better performance . I told them, I will make the mods they suggest . It will be extending the leading edge of the tab on the flywheel. In order for them to put in the programming ,this needs known up front . It has been tested and shipped to my china connection , once it arrives to her she will forward ship to me . Can't wait to play with it

Old 05-30-2014, 01:23 PM   #11

This is a great and very interesting project!

Old 05-30-2014, 01:54 PM   #12

For <$150 I might be interested, depending on your experience with it of course.

Old 05-30-2014, 02:33 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchitti View Post
For <$150 I might be interested, depending on your experience with it of course.
you can get it $150 ? actually I think you can from TAOBAO . I could not get an understanding from them . so I'm dealing with the factory . I like being able to chat and understand . What I ordered with shipping will be over $300

Old 05-30-2014, 04:39 PM   #14

That would take me out of the game. Lol

Old 05-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchitti View Post
That would take me out of the game. Lol
I'm Not sure at this point Of the price breakdown . I also bought tools everyone will not need . I bought them to be able to learn more about the system . My understanding is there is a trouble light ,like a check engine light in a car . It will flash trouble codes if a problem exist. The tool will allow me to see running data . It installs as an oe ,In other words. just like a car no programming needed, after it is initially programmed . It is able to learn variations with it's adaptive strategy.